Map Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is in response to Transparent Blue's map of what he thought the world looked like when he was a very small child. Seeing it reminded me of an old map I made in Kindergarten. We were assigned to make a map of the world as best as we could, label all of the countries, and put a star where we lived (in the Seattle-area). The teacher said that mine was the best in the class (which is sad really) and my mom had it on the fridge for the next few months. I dug through all of my old schoolwork (my mom saves every single school assignment that I have ever done in boxes in the attic :eek:) and I found the original crayon-drawn one. This is my best attempt to reproduce it in Paint.

This map is amazing. I don't know what I love more---the 'Nobody lives here' area, 'the cubas', or 'this island is part of Australia too'!

This map is amazing. I don't know what I love more---the 'Nobody lives here' area, 'the cubas', or 'this island is part of Australia too'!

Actually until I was about 9 or so I actually thought that the Caribbean Islands were called "The Cubas" and were all one country. :D I always referred to them as "Big Cuba" (Cuba), "Medium Cuba" (Hispaniola), "The Small Cubas" (Jamaica and Puerto Rico) and "The Really Small Cubas" (The Bahamas and other Caribbean islands).

Oh, and there are actually two "Nobody lives here" areas. The desert one in Africa and the mountain one in Asia.

Zacoftheaxes said:
South Korea is sandwitched between North Korea and Vietnam, and has half it shore blocked China. :eek:

If GMB saw that he'd have a heart attack.

Maybe we should show it to him... (Kidding)

There's this map by Winner of Kaiserreich Europe, which is the 'official' map for the project (see here, although some parts of it seem to have changed since the early betas). Saladan also made two possible maps for Africa which can be seen here (the second being most accurate to the final product). I had a search around earlier before doing a UCS version for Thande's ATL Map Database, but couldn't find anything else.

Ah thanks, the UCS one was what I ment. I'd seen all those other except for Winners. Also I found another Europe earlier in this thread. Do you mind if I modify your map whenever I want to post interesting situations from ingame? My modifications from base 36 always turn out poor...

I made a map once of what I thought the world looked like. It was very accurate (I was very good), most of the islands were there, except for parts of Cuba, and Australia was tiny.

I will just use a base map, the names of the places were funny, and sometimes their location (I did the Alaska and Hawaii in small boxes in the Pacific).

Some of the names were racist. :p

I will post it tomorrow.

Okay, this is in response to Transparent Blue's map of what he thought the world looked like when he was a very small child. Seeing it reminded me of an old map I made in Kindergarten. We were assigned to make a map of the world as best as we could, label all of the countries, and put a star where we lived (in the Seattle-area). The teacher said that mine was the best in the class (which is sad really) and my mom had it on the fridge for the next few months. I dug through all of my old schoolwork (my mom saves every single school assignment that I have ever done in boxes in the attic :eek:) and I found the original crayon-drawn one. This is my best attempt to reproduce it in Paint.
At least we're not landlocked!

I've got this map of Canada from when I was about 8; the outline was traced, I'm not a superspecial person. Note that I seemed to have got US states mixed up with Canadian provinces, and this was before Nunavut was invented.

Oh, i remember doing something like that when i was 7, i had drawn a map of provinces of turkey without tracing, everyone around me seemed to like it, but unfortunately, i can't find it :(

Ah thanks, the UCS one was what I ment. I'd seen all those other except for Winners. Also I found another Europe earlier in this thread. Do you mind if I modify your map whenever I want to post interesting situations from ingame? My modifications from base 36 always turn out poor...

Please feel free - the only bit I'm not sure about on my map is the France-Germany border, as the Kaiserpedia says Germany annexed all of Lorraine, but Winner's map depicts no further border changes at all (and of course the HOI2 map isn't precise enough to show such changes). I was looking for Kulkasha's map earlier, though he has changed some things like removing the Republic of the Sicilies and giving Russia access to the Caspian.

A map from one of my new projects (Nouvelle Francaise) of Europe in the beginning of 2010.

While the info is all in the map, ANS refers to a deal where a country that does'nt have its own nuclear weapons houses the nuclear weapons
of one of the Nuclear States.

Their's also a third form of agreement, however since it only deals with a single country I've not given it a different country.
The above deal being with the Maghreb Federation and France where the MF houses some of the French Force de Frappe while at the same
time is developing its own nuclear weapons.

Their is a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, however it only stipulates that signatory countries not provide nuclear weapons materials to
non-nuclear states, however only twelve of the world's twenty nuclear states are signatories.

NvFr Europe Nuclear States.png

Doesn't UK has any warheads? Or are they situated in Gibraltar?

The UK does'nt have alot of warheads in one place like, most of them are deployed in Submarines and multiple bases in the country, resulting in no single places having more than 25 warheads.

The little nuclear symbols only represent major stockpiles.

Of great, a nuclear-armed Bosnia.

It's not Bosnia.

Yugoslavia was split between the France/Allies in the North and Soviet forces in the South, while Yugoslavia (South) eventually balkanized the North has remained a single Federation, one that's economically well off and stable.

Nietzsche

Banned
Behold, a world where Bolshevism and the Tsardom survive, one an atheist and communist state the other a theocracy with wild dreams of being a New Rome. In this world, Britain saw the need for a German 'Guard dog' in the east, and allowed them to organize their gains as best they could in the East. And so was born the Imperial Republic, throwing back to the days of the Roman Empire, where an aristocrat, normally of military background, is elected by the Reichstag.

So, whatcha' think?

eurocorps.png

Please feel free - the only bit I'm not sure about on my map is the France-Germany border, as the Kaiserpedia says Germany annexed all of Lorraine, but Winner's map depicts no further border changes at all (and of course the HOI2 map isn't precise enough to show such changes). I was looking for Kulkasha's map earlier, though he has changed some things like removing the Republic of the Sicilies and giving Russia access to the Caspian.
Ask and you shall receive:

Weltkrieg Plain.png

When I was very very very young, I assumed that since the North Pole was cold, the South Pole was hot. So Malta in my mind-map was near the south pole.:D
Later on, when I was much older, I drew a map of the world, copying it from a book. I ended up with many 'extra bits', and since the Coloumbia Shuttle Disaster was fresh in our minds at the time, I drew a little shuttle in Colombia... I also had a strange unwavering belief that all Russia was part of Europe, and so somehow Europe was the biggest continent.

Susano

Banned
At age of about five? Well, I knew Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Bavaria ( :D ) were all south of Germany (probably right immidatly south of Germany, so all bordering Germany) and further south were such nations as Yugoslavia, Spain and Greece (no, they arent west and east of Italy, but South). In the west of course was France, and in the East, as the name says, East Germany. Oh and somewhere far away are the United States, and even further away in the East (its the Far East after all) China and Japan, where theyll turn all rs into ls and speak backwards :D . And I guess thats about it.

At age of about five? Well, I knew Austria, Switzerland, Italy and Bavaria ( :D ) were all south of Germany (probably right immidatly south of Germany, so all bordering Germany) and further south were such nations as Yugoslavia, Spain and Greece (no, they arent west and east of Italy, but South). In the west of course was France, and in the East, as the name says, East Germany. Oh and somewhere far away are the United States, and even further away in the East (its the Far East after all) China and Japan, where theyll turn all rs into ls and speak backwards :D . And I guess thats about it.
Not bad at all! But I think I was younger than five when I made up my Pole theory, I learnt proper Geography when my dad carried me to a map on the wall, and after examining it, I uttered the immortal phrase: "But, dad, it's not fair. America is huge, but Malta is tiny!":D

Status
Not open for further replies.