Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nietzsche

Banned
falloutfinisheddw3.png

Lotsa' Fallout3 gameplay got me to thinking..

What'd the world look like before it went to hell? So, doing some research and a little bit of modification for the sake of realism, steampunkishness and just generally to make it more pleasing to the eye, this is what I came up with.

Thoughts?

(for those wondering why Europe and Africa look the way they do, it's because they've been compartmentalized based on ethnicity in the case of Europe, and ease of control in the case of Africa. So you have the French Compartment, German Compartment, Iberian Compartment, British Compartment, Scandinavian Compartment, Slav Compartment, Greco-South Slav Compartment, Italian Compartment, Polish Compartment and the Magyar Compartment)

Highlander

Banned
@ Highlander,that is a really kewl map of the Connecticut Republic.:cool::cool: The map style reminds me of the map style that is used in the Century Atlas of the World which I have a copy of. The atlas was published in the late 1890s, and republished again during the first decade of the 20th century. I managed to snag me a copy of that atlas during the time I worked at the antique map shop here in N.O. My employer gave me a copy of the atlas as a Xmas present a few years back. The atlas is in excellent condition, considering that it is a century old. The atlas is a rather thick tome, considering that the pages are slightly smaller than letter size.

Thank you! :)

I actually was influenced by this map, which is apparently from 1911, so it's not that far off.

Highlander

Banned
Here's a random map of a different western United States, based on the idea of the state of Jefferson I showed earlier. Using the size of Jefferson, I tried to continue Congrees's attempts at making states equal. OTL state borders are in gray for reference.

Hey Wilcox, any possibility of a more thorough map for this? Like, with names and such?

Thank you! :)

I actually was influenced by this map, which is apparently from 1911, so it's not that far off.
That's kewl. It happens that I have a copy of Shepard's history atlas as well, my copy is the 1926 edition, which I think is the last edition that was published.
PS, I agree w/ EvolvedLupine, you should flesh out this idea, and come up w/ a TL, and possible back story, should be interesting.

Last edited:
america joins with germany and they go for a late-night party, resulting in them beating the shit out of everyone in rage?

That's got to be the single worst timeline I've ever seen.

Search "Vegetarian World" on the same site. I stumbled upon it by accident. Teaser: germans ate food produced by factory farms during WW2 (which despite a medieval PoD, broke our in 1939 when germany invaded Poland). Judging from the maps, this was legitimate grounds to expell them from Silesia.

A timeline where the South wins, but Mexico and Canada declare war, seeing an oppurtunity. The U.S., severly weakened, doesn't take place in WW1. Therefore, CP win. World 1919.

Okay, lots of people use modern borders on their first try, but what on Earth? No Japanese Kyushu?

The lack of a German Koenigsberg looks positively sane by comparison.

Maybe this is a late response, but no Japanese Kyushu?

Last edited:
I think he just forgot to fill Kyushu in... unless those Canadian arctic islands are supposed to be the Independent Republic of Frozen Wastelands. :rolleyes:

my laptop wont even load that map for some reason.

Never mind. it loads now. dont have the foggiest idea why the first few tries it didnt work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.