Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which one is that? My own favourite one related to Liechtenstein is the vicious diplomatic war after 1991 where Liechtenstein and the Czech Republic refused to recognise each other until a few months ago (one can imagine Vaclav Havel quaking in his boots, fearful of when the Liechtensteiners will strike...)

The one where the Prince sends all seven troops out to fight in the Thirty Years' War, and they return with a friend they'd made along the way.

I also really like that one. :D "Why do you wear a helmet, Vaclav?" "I AM PREPARED FOR THE COMING WAR, WOMAN."

(I had an idea once, where the population of Switzerland were actually sleeper agents for an alien invasion, and the "Fortress Switzerland" mentality was actually just preparing a base for their arrival. I think the Swiss Banks were using their reputation to gather money to the alien side, so the world's economy would be crippled upon landing.)

Thande

Donor
The one where the Prince sends all seven troops out to fight in the Thirty Years' War, and they return with a friend they'd made along the way.
Oh yes, that one :D

Nekromans said:
(I had an idea once, where the population of Switzerland were actually sleeper agents for an alien invasion, and the "Fortress Switzerland" mentality was actually just preparing a base for their arrival. I think the Swiss Banks were using their reputation to gather money to the alien side, so the world's economy would be crippled upon landing.)
Oddly enough, Scott Adams (he of Dilbert) had a similar conspiracy theory in one of his books. Although he thought Switzerland was just where all the hyper-evolved super-smart people (who now look like Roswell Greys) live.

The continuation into 1970.

Soviet Wank 1970.PNG

Susano

Banned
Of course the time location fo rthat Liechtenstein anectdote changes constantly. Ive heard it about the German War (Austro-Prussian War), too, though at that war the seven Liechtenstein soldier did not actually go out to the front, but "guarded" an alpine pass nobody used anyways :D

Ok, here's a serious map from the AHN Universe. It's the Pacific Ocean before World War II. Kamchatka and Korea are Japanese colonies, and Manchuko is, of course, a puppet state. And the Kingdom of Hawaii is an ally, whilst the US owns Oahu and is allied with the Republics of Maui and Kauai.

Pacific 1939.PNG

Ok, here's a serious map from the AHN Universe. It's the Pacific Ocean before World War II. Kamchatka and Korea are Japanese colonies, and Manchuko is, of course, a puppet state. And the Kingdom of Hawaii is an ally, whilst the US owns Oahu and is allied with the Republics of Maui and Kauai.

French Mexico? Interesting.

French Mexico? Interesting.

Yup. Suppose you'd have to read An Alternate History of the Netherlands to get that. :D <self-promotion> :D It goes back to the French Intervention, and let's just say that after Maximillian got whacked, the French came back in force and forewent any pretense of puppetry. There was no Monroe Doctrine, since America lost the Second Angl-American War.

So what do the French TTL call it? Wasn't Mexico a Spanish name?

And I just noticed- it completely went by me the first time- did the Swedes invent steroids for their soldiers in the 1800s, thereby allowing them to conquer nearly all of Russia?

So what do the French TTL call it? Wasn't Mexico a Spanish name?

And I just noticed- it completely went by me the first time- did the Swedes invent steroids for their soldiers in the 1800s, thereby allowing them to conquer nearly all of Russia?

They just call it Mexico. I mean, isn't Algeria an Arab or Berber name? As for Sweden, that goes back to the Battle of Poltova in 1709, where the Swedes won and Tsar Peter fell in the battle. The war dragged on for a couple of years until Sweden took Moscow. At that time, Charles XII saw an opertunity and seized it, taking the Crown and adding Tsar Charles I to his list of titles. The two crowns were not formally merged for decades to come. The Swedes had a lot of support from the peasantry, since they did free the Serfs, and the Cossacks loyaly serve the Swedish Crown (armored cavalry these days). I haven't made any Swedish Chapters for the AHN Universe yet, so the details aren't clear.

They just call it Mexico. I mean, isn't Algeria an Arab or Berber name? As for Sweden, that goes back to the Battle of Poltova in 1709, where the Swedes won and Tsar Peter fell in the battle. The war dragged on for a couple of years until Sweden took Moscow. At that time, Charles XII saw an opertunity and seized it, taking the Crown and adding Tsar Charles I to his list of titles. The two crowns were not formally merged for decades to come. The Swedes had a lot of support from the peasantry, since they did free the Serfs, and the Cossacks loyaly serve the Swedish Crown (armored cavalry these days). I haven't made any Swedish Chapters for the AHN Universe yet, so the details aren't clear.

Did you have a world map for that?
I'm sorry to say I'm too lazy to look through all pages in this thread... (I'm sick atm >_<)

Did you have a world map for that?
I'm sorry to say I'm too lazy to look through all pages in this thread... (I'm sick atm >_<)

I have some concept maps I made last year (nothing I consider publish worthy) on my thread https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=132933
I'll even repost the World Map of around 1900 (I think I posted this on Map Thread V the day I signed up).

Dutch Commonwealth: Orange (big shock)
British: Dark Red
French: Tealish
Sweden: Blue
USA: light Blue
CSA: light gray
German: Darker gray
Italian Federation: light green
Ottomans: dark Green
Austo-Hungary: Purple
Spain: yellow
Japan: Light Red

Oh, looks like I forgot to color in Tasmania. How embarressing.

1900 Earth.jpg

An updated version of my Zombie 2012 map. Twenty years has passed (January 1992) since a reanimating virus originated in east Asia, resulting in what you see here.

Blue: United Nations Defense Initiative

Orange: United Central Coalition

Green: Medium amount of Undead/Non-habitable
Light Brown: Large amount of Undead/Non-traversable
Dark Brown: Extreme/Unknown amount of Undead/Non-approachable

necro2012.png

Status
Not open for further replies.