Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? I missed that point in you previous posts.

THIS IS SARCASM

Now wait a cotton-picking moment there! You say that like cannibalism was common with Native Americans, or at frequent enough to be more than an extreme rarity. While there are a few cases of likely cannibalistic activity (such as the 12th-century remnants at Mancos Canyon, which took place during a time of extreme drought for the region and the collapse of Anasazi society), there are very very few confirmed cases of cannibalism in Native American societies. Most accusations are based off of sensationalist captivity tales and the word of one local tribe against another, which is hardly reliable evidence.
It's definitely possible I'm mixing up one fact or figure with another in my head.

I have read Guns Germs and Steel, and I agree it is a very good book. The Chickens and pigs are not the only important factor in developing disease, but also the widespread trade around America due to increased contact with the navigational package. For instance in this alternate world, Mesoamericans have chickens, dogs, guinea pigs, llamas, muscovy ducks, pigs, and turkeys. Of these we know that chickens and pigs are excellent vectors of infection, and we also know that (if you are a high counter, which I am) Mexico was one of the most densely populated areas in the world pre-1518, and although this ATL has disease, the general tech level is slightly higher (instead of being a very late neolithic people they are a very early bronze age people) so the population is still quite similar.

Also, evidence of cannibalism vis a vi sacrifices is unclear, however we know that peoples do sacrifice even with protein sources (see the Celts and the very ancient Chinese off the top of my head), and I've extrapolated that in the terrifying and destructive environment of a pestilential apocalypse and slave raids by the West Indies Spanish, certain more... extreme elements might come to the for.
Fair enough. As I said, I like the idea, and I'm all for anything that gives those who were disadvantaged by bad luck a better fighting chance.

Alright, so after figuring out the German Polish-border on the Europe map I've finished a map of Modern Europe and the Near-Abroad for the TL I'm working on, which I've decided to call 'Empires End'.
I actually like how this came out as it looks like a poster.

As I've said the PoD's before I'll not go into them.

If you have a question about how something happened ask, since it's easier than writing a condensed version of European history between 1830-2009.

Notes;
1. The Austrio-Bosnian-Hungarian Federation is in a transitional phase as referendums on remaining or becoming independent states are to be held in
Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia and Slovakia, Croatia and Bosnia are all but fated to leave while a slight majority of Slovenians generally support
independence and the numbers are to wild to tell for Slovakia, the remaining states however have no large independence movements.
2. The Balkan Federation, formally the Jugoslav Federal Republic before Macedonia left and subsequently joined Greece is somewhat chaotic and akin
to OTL Yugoslavia in the 90's, though less violent and no genocides (namely do to the fear of the wrath of France).
3. The British Federal Union is a sui generis Federation with the three in political Union, but only Wales and England in Personal Union, that is while
Britain has kept the Monarchy, it's only the Monarchy of England and Wales while Scotland, as part of the deal on re-joining, has its own elected
president and has a great deal of autonomy.
4. Ireland is an autonomous region of France, it has been one since the end of WWIV and is generally happy with its status (when polled only 20-35%
of people generally favour independence).

Modern Europe (Empires End).png

Last edited:
Alright, so after figuring out the German Polish-border on the Europe map I've finished a map of Modern Europe and the Near-Abroad for the TL I'm working on, which I've decided to call 'Empires End'.
I actually like how this came out as it looks like a poster.

*more text*

Ahem, why is my Luxembourg incorporated into the Netherlands? :mad: lol.

I do like the big Scandinavia-thing though ;):D

Why is Greece not just called Greece? Isn't their issue with Macedonia that Macedonia is an integral part of Greece?

Ahem, why is my Luxembourg incorporated into the Netherlands? :mad: lol.

It's not.

It's German.

Actually it's French.

And it's part of France because it was scared of Prussia and had a French majority at the time it joined.

Why is Greece not just called Greece? Isn't their issue with Macedonia that Macedonia is an integral part of Greece?

Because the region known as Macedonia joined, thus uniting the Greater Macedonia region, and you can't really have a huge territroy join without expecting a name change.

Please don't shoot, but this is the unfinished ISOT Continuation Map from the ASB Map Thread. But since that thread is virtualy dead and i realy like the idea, i will post it here.

Any one care to contribute?

Isot Map Continuation.PNG

Isot Map Continuation.PNG

Philip

Donor
1. The Austrio-Bosnian-Hungarian Federation is in a transitional phase as referendums on remaining or becoming independent states are to be held in
Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia and Slovakia, Croatia and Bosnia are all but fated to leave while a slight majority of Slovenians generally support
independence and the numbers are to wild to tell for Slovakia, the remaining states however have no large independence movements.

Why do the Bosnians get their name in the state's name while the Czechs/Bohemians, Croatians, and so on don't? And why do the Bosnians get mentioned before the Hungarians?

I'm not too sure about the Middle East. Lebanese Republic seems to be an odd name given its territory. The Kingdom of Petra looks a bit too much like the OTL anomaly of Jordon. I don't think that the Suez Republic is viable. What is the history of the region?

Last edited:

MacCaulay

Banned
So...uh...here's the deal: I can't make maps. I'm not good with art programs. But I'd really appreciate it if someone could possibly help me with a map. You'd have my undying gratitude.

It stems from The Soviet Invasion of Iran, 1979/1980 timeline. I was kind of wondering if someone could read that, and possibly do some thinking about if they would be willing to help me make a map that shows a Soviet army thrust into Northern Iran that ends with the occupation of the provinces of Azerbayan e Sharq, Azerbayan e Gharbito, Ardabil, and Gilan.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this request. If it isn't, then someone by all means PM me and point me in the right direction.

So...uh...here's the deal: I can't make maps. I'm not good with art programs. But I'd really appreciate it if someone could possibly help me with a map. You'd have my undying gratitude.

It stems from The Soviet Invasion of Iran, 1979/1980 timeline. I was kind of wondering if someone could read that, and possibly do some thinking about if they would be willing to help me make a map that shows a Soviet army thrust into Northern Iran that ends with the occupation of the provinces of Azerbayan e Sharq, Azerbayan e Gharbito, Ardabil, and Gilan.

I don't know if this is the right place to post this request. If it isn't, then someone by all means PM me and point me in the right direction.

Are you looking for a campaign map or an occupation map?

I could do a campaign map of it...

I'm reviving that TL of mps I had. What did you think of those, by the by?
In Canada, pressures snap when a local politican is killed by the Canadian police becasue he supported seccesion from Canada. The resulting unrest leads to Canada declaring martial law on the province, and rounding up any suspicous Fracno-Canadians they suspected to be sabatouiers. Quebec snaps, seceding from Canada and facing a near impossible fight for independence.
In South America, the United States gives the Southern Part of Venezuala to Brazil in return for a loyal (read puppet) government. However, tribal and civillain unrest in the area, supposedly supplied and helped by US troops, break off to become a 'friend' of the US.
In Europe, Hitler's generals in Northern Germany attempt an overthrow. They fail, and Hitler, showing the first signs of paranoia and insanity, orders over half of his generals killed. This allows to French to not only commit a breakthrough in the South, but lead a sucseesful Western operation. The British also join in, advancing towards the French.
The Second Finnish War breaks out by the Finnish invading directly into St. Petersburg. The Soviets, distracted with China, are left with a small, suprised force to defend the North.
The Italians continue their attempts to recreate an empire by counqesting Saudi Arabia.
The British finally supress the Communists, and incorpate it into the newly formed Dominion of India.
Also in Asia, the Soviets negotiate peace with Japan by taking the Northern islands and the last part of Korea. They also face war with Nationilist China over the want to extradite Comunist leaders, most notably Mao Zedong, from Mongolia where they fled. The Soviets refuse, leading to China invading Mongolia. Mass amounts of Soviet troops begin to make advances.
The Japanese continue the counqest of the Dutch East Indies, but facing rebellions from natives and the Dutch citezens in the area.

So, that is more of Three Seconds Late!

three seconds.png

Status
Not open for further replies.