Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tibet and Xinjiang are semi-autonomous regions with their own government but they rely (though more like forced) on China for military protection.

Then again, Tibet and Xinjiang are caught between the USSR (I guess) and The ROC, and you know who most would prefer.

A while back I commented that in the sort of scenarios where Afghanistan is annexed by the Soviet Union, it's highly unlikely, particularly in the early years when the SSRs were still being created and the policy still tended towards ethno-linguistic states, that you would just have an 'Afghan SSR' added into the Union. Here then is my attempt at a map showing Afghanistan divided into various SSRs. Note that there has been something of a default setting to taking Pashto lands to link up other minorities rather than the other way round, though this is only really a big thing in the western Aimaq SSR. Note also that in many ways this continues the situation in the Ferghana of creating very odd borders between SSRs. Shown in smaller and full size versions.

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Why don't the gray inset maps match the main maps?

I think the reason it's in ASB is because it's about the Imperial Germans finding the Stargate. The ASB Forum doesn't exist just to give people a reason to ignore realism.

Honestly besides mind control and using snakes to control people I think there is no other way the ottomans would give up Constantinople. Even with the building of the new capital and the promise of infrastructure the ottomans would very unlikely handed over Constantinople. Unlikelyness aside it will still only proceed after 50 years of building the ottomans infrastructure and ankara. Rest assured I will never attempt sea lion, or Nazi victory like the one I've read recently.

The world a decade after nuclear war!

About 10 years ago (2001), there was a devastating nuclear war between the semi-fascist United States and the basically communist Latin Union. The Latin Union more-or-less ceased to exist, while America was "merely" gravely wounded.

Interesting! A *WWIII in a TL pretty darn different from OTL to start with. Kinda decades-of-darkness-ish US: did California and the NE break away after the war or were they seperate nations earlier?

Bruce

Some questions on Pischinovski's map of Araldyana world 1907...

QuestionsMapFor Pincg.png

Well, not bad. I do think New Mexico is a little, well, off. Might I suggest moving the Arizona border eastward to the Rio Grande? Also, I presume there's more than one Texas ITTL, right? :D

Arizona is plenty big I should think. Texas got cut up following the Civil War (there were enough proposals for it OTL it doesn't strike me as too implausible) and New Mexico was given the fairly empty to west to get another state in quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.