Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice indeed Blomma. Any explanation of what's going on with Belgium, or would that be a violation of confidentiality? :)

Bruce

I suspect Belgium and Slovakia have been recently partitioned, and the map is showing the old borders of each state, but the interior shows how it really is. I'm also interested in why Iceland has been occupied by Britain when there is no indication of Denmark being in any danger.

this map has texas staying independat after the Congress of the USA fails to pass the annexation bill, pushing Texas to aolly with Britain. Mexico coninues to raid Texas until finaly, in 1849, with Anglo support, Texas and Britain invade and kick Mexico's @$$.

Interesting map, but try to use a more updated basemap next time.

Now that is a pretty map.

:eek: :cool:

Very nice indeed Blomma. Any explanation of what's going on with Belgium, or would that be a violation of confidentiality? :)

Bruce

That is a beautiful map.

One question- if Poland is part of the German sphere, then why is Posen still Polish?

Also- is Germany communist?

I suspect Belgium and Slovakia have been recently partitioned, and the map is showing the old borders of each state, but the interior shows how it really is. I'm also interested in why Iceland has been occupied by Britain when there is no indication of Denmark being in any danger.

Pretty much what Emperor of New Zealand said.

If you are interested in the story, keep a lookout for the novels Wolf Hunt and Clash of Eagles by this guy.

Pretty much what Emperor of New Zealand said.

If you are interested in the story, keep a lookout for the novels Wolf Hunt and Clash of Eagles by this guy.

I realize that it is partitioned, I was wondering why the Netherlands and France are doing a Poland on Belgium: I guess I'll have to wait on the book...

Bruce

A simple map of a United States which fought with the Central Powers in World War I rather than the Entente, ending in a draw but bruising Britain's pride. While the US accepts a peace deal that grants it hegemony over previously Entente aligned Mexico but does not give up Canada, the fall of the monarchy in the British Isles and the depression of the 1920s leads to Canada being absorbed by the US in the mid 1920s. Note the alternate borders for the Canadian Prairie Provinces.

For the scenario of this collaborative TL, which for the sake of brevity I've taken to calling TL-25.

And the map;

a_60_state_union_by_snackserv-d4snapm.png

here's a map of the great hearts of iron game mod Kaiserreich darkest hour version

Mind you I took the liberty of displaying things how the story/background info references them instead of how the game displays them. Hence why the Austrian kingdoms are all one country (since technically they're still part of the austro-hungarian empire), or why Mittelafrika is a German dominion instead of a puppet state or why the AOG is shown as a German sphere of influence instead of a separate country.

darkest hour.png

after quite a few delays, ive finished the next Anglo-American Rivalry map, this one set at the end of January 1864. the American Civil War ended earlier in the month (all-in-all, the war lasted about three years). the Confederacy is no more, and all of the former Confederate States are now under military occupation and governance by the Union, as IOTL, awaiting readmission (hence the "country" outline to the "dominion" fill, still using the new TACOS color scheme). the war didn't end exactly as IOTL: for one, Robert E. Lee led Union troops victoriously into Atlanta in 1863, and Sherman began his March to the Sea in that same year. i havent decided if Lincoln is still assassinated ITTL or if he's even president, but there's ultimately less bloodshed in TTL's ACW because of the shorter length and Lee being on the Union side. as mentioned before, Arkansas and Virginia's secession is butterflied away ITTL, so Virginia remains one state and West Virginia never comes to be, so this state could very well be a swing-state in later national elections. Minnesota's OTL ratification as a state has been butterflied away, but Nevada has become a state at the same date as in our world, even though it looks a little fatter :p in spite of less bloodshed, there may be more animosity towards the Union by former Confederates because the top brass of the Confederate military, including Jefferson Davis, have fled the country and sought asylum in England.

elsewhere in the Americas, the UK is starting to grant dominionship to Canada: Lower Canada (now named Quebec), Upper Canada (Ontario), the Maritimes (Acadia), and Labrador are now all part of the Dominion of Canada with the easternmost chunk of Rupert's Land (now called Hudson) on the way to becoming part of the dominion as well. Columbia as yet is not part of the dominion, and the rest of Rupert's Land is going to be divided into the rest. Mexico has been taken over by France and puppetized. this is actually good for the US, because they are becoming more closely aligned to France through their mutual hatred of Britain. South America hasn't much changed, but Chile is growing a bit, expanding southward. Chile may even become something of a neocolonial power, not to the extent of European powers, but up there.

as before, Afro-Eurasia and Oceania haven't changed much. Danish West Africa and Omani East Africa have each grown a little, but the biggest change is the foundation of a new country in western Africa: Liberia. the Emancipation Proclamation was still passed ITTL, and the country was still formed as a nation for former slaves. due to butterflies, the borders are a bit different and its located a bit further east, but the country is otherwise exactly the same. the US has now abolished slavery as IOTL, and is one of the last major countries to do so. British influence has grown a bit with the formation of the Trucial Coast protectorate (in the area of the OTL UAE) and the establishment of responsible government in Australia; due to butterflies, the latter has happened later than IOTL and to a shorter extent, but Australia is on the way to becoming a dominion as well. surprisingly, Britain has lost its colony in North Borneo, which has instead become an independent country, and control of the southernmost Philippines has shifted a little. Cambodia has become a protectorate of France, and Far Eastern Russian/Chinese border has been adjusted to the Amur River through mutual agreement.

Europe and the Near East has changed a bit as well: Romania is on the way to achieving independence from the Ottoman Empire, though the Turks are making up for it with expanding influence in Arabia. however, this may come back to bite them in the ass later... anyway, the Italian unification is advancing a bit: the Savoys are being beaten back by Naples, Sicily, and even the Papacy. Belgium has also declared independence and been recognized by Holland as such, at a later time than IOTL due to butterflies. finally, the Taiping Rebellion has been put down by the Qing dynasty.

the next map will be set shortly after the beginning of the New Imperial Era, so Africa will be experiencing many more changes than in previous maps while the Americas won't be getting as much attention. Europe will also begin to change more noticeably

Revised Anglo-American Rivalry.png

after quite a few delays, ive finished the next Anglo-American Rivalry map, this one set at the end of January 1864. the American Civil War ended earlier in the month (all-in-all, the war lasted about three years). the Confederacy is no more, and all of the former Confederate States are now under military occupation and governance by the Union, as IOTL, awaiting readmission (hence the "country" outline to the "dominion" fill, still using the new TACOS color scheme). the war didn't end exactly as IOTL: for one, Robert E. Lee led Union troops victoriously into Atlanta in 1863, and Sherman began his March to the Sea in that same year. i havent decided if Lincoln is still assassinated ITTL or if he's even president, but there's ultimately less bloodshed in TTL's ACW because of the shorter length and Lee being on the Union side. as mentioned before, Arkansas and Virginia's secession is butterflied away ITTL, so Virginia remains one state and West Virginia never comes to be, so this state could very well be a swing-state in later national elections. Minnesota's OTL ratification as a state has been butterflied away, but Nevada has become a state at the same date as in our world, even though it looks a little fatter :p in spite of less bloodshed, there may be more animosity towards the Union by former Confederates because the top brass of the Confederate military, including Jefferson Davis, have fled the country and sought asylum in England.

elsewhere in the Americas, the UK is starting to grant dominionship to Canada: Lower Canada (now named Quebec), Upper Canada (Ontario), the Maritimes (Acadia), and Labrador are now all part of the Dominion of Canada with the easternmost chunk of Rupert's Land (now called Hudson) on the way to becoming part of the dominion as well. Columbia as yet is not part of the dominion, and the rest of Rupert's Land is going to be divided into the rest. Mexico has been taken over by France and puppetized. this is actually good for the US, because they are becoming more closely aligned to France through their mutual hatred of Britain. South America hasn't much changed, but Chile is growing a bit, expanding southward. Chile may even become something of a neocolonial power, not to the extent of European powers, but up there.

as before, Afro-Eurasia and Oceania haven't changed much. Danish West Africa and Omani East Africa have each grown a little, but the biggest change is the foundation of a new country in western Africa: Liberia. the Emancipation Proclamation was still passed ITTL, and the country was still formed as a nation for former slaves. due to butterflies, the borders are a bit different and its located a bit further east, but the country is otherwise exactly the same. the US has now abolished slavery as IOTL, and is one of the last major countries to do so. British influence has grown a bit with the formation of the Trucial Coast protectorate (in the area of the OTL UAE) and the establishment of responsible government in Australia; due to butterflies, the latter has happened later than IOTL and to a shorter extent, but Australia is on the way to becoming a dominion as well. surprisingly, Britain has lost its colony in North Borneo, which has instead become an independent country, and control of the southernmost Philippines has shifted a little. Cambodia has become a protectorate of France, and Far Eastern Russian/Chinese border has been adjusted to the Amur River through mutual agreement.

Europe and the Near East has changed a bit as well: Romania is on the way to achieving independence from the Ottoman Empire, though the Turks are making up for it with expanding influence in Arabia. however, this may come back to bite them in the ass later... anyway, the Italian unification is advancing a bit: the Savoys are being beaten back by Naples, Sicily, and even the Papacy. Belgium has also declared independence and been recognized by Holland as such, at a later time than IOTL due to butterflies. finally, the Taiping Rebellion has been put down by the Qing dynasty.

the next map will be set shortly after the beginning of the New Imperial Era, so Africa will be experiencing many more changes than in previous maps while the Americas won't be getting as much attention. Europe will also begin to change more noticeably

Why is Galicia part of Transleithania?

Would someone please help me make this map as realistic as possible?

What do I need to change?
I lot is wrong here. The Nazis' casus belli for invading Poland was to secure the Polish Corridor. Giving them both that, and PRUSSIA ta boot, is about as likely as them declaring themselves The Great and Most Evil Reich of Dem Nazis and Stuffz. Same goes for letting Lithuania keep Memelland. They also wouldn't try to fill in the Zuiderzee until after peace had been secured and their other mega-projects, Like Germania, had been completed... Why have you not coloured Romania as a protectorate? They where just as much an "ally" as Hungary. As for the rest of the Balkans... Italy wouldn't annex that strip, since it follows neither geographic, cultural, or historical borders. Germany would also try for a corridor to the Adriatic. Bulgaria annexing Istanbul? Nope. They might get some of Thrace, but Istanbul would either become a free city, stay Turkish, or be annexed to Italy or Germany. Now, Germany would not only take the Polish Corridor (Or more), but also fulfill their claims over Alsace-Lorraine and Denmark. In fact, we would see France not just puppetised, but thoroughly reorganized... Italy would get Savoy, and also, at a stretch, Provence. Alsace-Lorraine would get annexed to Germany. Calais might be made a free territory or also annexed. Burgundy, by either definition, could be made the SS' personal nation, or annexed. The rest of France would be divided into anywhere from 1-4 German client states, with misc. bits going to Germany. I'm not even going to touch Axis Britain, that's so ASB... Now, on to Africa. The Germans would make Algeria into either a separate vassal or part of one of the French vassals, not let the Free French touch the place. The rest of French Africa would either come under the Free French or be annexed to one of the vassals. Britain wouldn't get Benin. If Spain and Portugal joined the Axis, they might get a few pieces... but either way, the Free French are not getting Equatorial Guinea. Germany getting anything at all in Mittelafrika is quite ASB, but if they did, they would not annex Cabinda, and they would completely reorganize all of the internal borders. Same goes for Italian Africa. The Italians and Germans also had plans for the Middle East, don't forget... Onto the Americas. The US wouldn't do that to central America... and you've gotten the colours wrong in Haiti. They would either be a vassal or protectorate, not the vassal of a protectorate. Venezuela is either the wrong colour or ASB... and then Western Paraguay. That area could end up Paraguayan or Bolivian, or even Argentine, but not independent. There has never been a drive for that area to become it's own state. As for Asia... The Soviets giving up is ASB, and if they did give up, they would certainly not still be able to exert influence in Turkestan and Afghanistan. Turkestan/China border is also the wrong colour... that's a claim line, not a division, in Chinese Tibet. China should, really, be divided into warlord states still, anyway. Japan... they where always aiming to create a large number of client states, not annex anything. Especially Manchukuo, who had a very useful claim over all of China... they also penetrated much further inland then that. In Australia, the Northern Terr. and Capitol Terr. should not be provinces, and Auralia was never likely to begin with. For reference in that, I find this quite useful. Finally, why have the Germans withdrawn their claim over Antarctica and why is Norway-in-exile still in power there?

Why is Galicia part of Transleithania?
butterflies :p i actually hadn't noticed that (nor am i exactly sure where it is you're talking about) and have just been using basemaps i found around here to make the map, changing what i like and whatnot with each map. im largely trying to keep the butterfly effect in check until enormous changes actually take place in different regions (such as very little happening in eurasia up to this point)

butterflies :p i actually hadn't noticed that (nor am i exactly sure where it is you're talking about) and have just been using basemaps i found around here to make the map, changing what i like and whatnot with each map. im largely trying to keep the butterfly effect in check until enormous changes actually take place in different regions (such as very little happening in eurasia up to this point)

Galicia is that big chunk of land that ended up becoming part of Ukrain and Poland.

Thransleithania refers to the lands that were part of Hungary, as opposed to Cisleithania, the Austrian lands. IOTL Galicia was part of the Austrian lands.

I lot is wrong here. The Nazis' casus belli for invading Poland was to secure the Polish Corridor. Giving them both that, and PRUSSIA ta boot, is about as likely as them declaring themselves The Great and Most Evil Reich of Dem Nazis and Stuffz. Same goes for letting Lithuania keep Memelland. They also wouldn't try to fill in the Zuiderzee until after peace had been secured and their other mega-projects, Like Germania, had been completed... Why have you not coloured Romania as a protectorate? They where just as much an "ally" as Hungary. As for the rest of the Balkans... Italy wouldn't annex that strip, since it follows neither geographic, cultural, or historical borders. Germany would also try for a corridor to the Adriatic. Bulgaria annexing Istanbul? Nope. They might get some of Thrace, but Istanbul would either become a free city, stay Turkish, or be annexed to Italy or Germany. Now, Germany would not only take the Polish Corridor (Or more), but also fulfill their claims over Alsace-Lorraine and Denmark. In fact, we would see France not just puppetised, but thoroughly reorganized... Italy would get Savoy, and also, at a stretch, Provence. Alsace-Lorraine would get annexed to Germany. Calais might be made a free territory or also annexed. Burgundy, by either definition, could be made the SS' personal nation, or annexed. The rest of France would be divided into anywhere from 1-4 German client states, with misc. bits going to Germany. I'm not even going to touch Axis Britain, that's so ASB... Now, on to Africa. The Germans would make Algeria into either a separate vassal or part of one of the French vassals, not let the Free French touch the place. The rest of French Africa would either come under the Free French or be annexed to one of the vassals. Britain wouldn't get Benin. If Spain and Portugal joined the Axis, they might get a few pieces... but either way, the Free French are not getting Equatorial Guinea. Germany getting anything at all in Mittelafrika is quite ASB, but if they did, they would not annex Cabinda, and they would completely reorganize all of the internal borders. Same goes for Italian Africa. The Italians and Germans also had plans for the Middle East, don't forget... Onto the Americas. The US wouldn't do that to central America... and you've gotten the colours wrong in Haiti. They would either be a vassal or protectorate, not the vassal of a protectorate. Venezuela is either the wrong colour or ASB... and then Western Paraguay. That area could end up Paraguayan or Bolivian, or even Argentine, but not independent. There has never been a drive for that area to become it's own state. As for Asia... The Soviets giving up is ASB, and if they did give up, they would certainly not still be able to exert influence in Turkestan and Afghanistan. Turkestan/China border is also the wrong colour... that's a claim line, not a division, in Chinese Tibet. China should, really, be divided into warlord states still, anyway. Japan... they where always aiming to create a large number of client states, not annex anything. Especially Manchukuo, who had a very useful claim over all of China... they also penetrated much further inland then that. In Australia, the Northern Terr. and Capitol Terr. should not be provinces, and Auralia was never likely to begin with. For reference in that, I find this quite useful. Finally, why have the Germans withdrawn their claim over Antarctica and why is Norway-in-exile still in power there?

On Japan, I had them far more inland, but someone earlier in the thread said they couldn't hold that much land, so I reduced the size.

but thanks for all the other advice. I should just start over with the map, right? Maybe a 1940 basemap?

Status
Not open for further replies.