Map Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final version of this map. That is unless Wendell finds something I've done wrong.
tongue.gif

The POD being during the American Civil War which results with a harsh reconstruction coupled with the rise of radical populism in the former Confederate States. The map is for 1896 just before the Presidential Election between Republican Mark Hanna and Populist William J. Bryan.

pglmmghspgilhsmplhghsgpma3.png

Thande

Donor
Final version of this map. That is unless Wendell finds something I've done wrong.

The POD being during the American Civil War which results with a harsh reconstruction coupled with the rise of radical populism in the former Confederate States. The map is for 1896 just before the Presidential Election between Republican Mark Hanna and Populist William J. Bryan.
Awesome map as always, Cardinal.

tongue.gif

Er- does this TL also have an Anglo-Dutch union? It might be my monitor, but I can't tell the difference between the two countries' colors.

Thande

Donor
Er- does this TL also have an Anglo-Dutch union? It might be my monitor, but I can't tell the difference between the two countries' colors.

Good point, the colours need to be more distinct there. The perils of messing with the Holy UCS, I suppose ;)

And? It was Electorate Saxony and the House of Witten that contributed to the founding of the NGC. They were joined by Hohenzolleren Brandenburg, Hanover, and some minor states -- essentially the Protestant Germans states that survived the Forty (OTL Thirty) Years' War. It was a confederation that preserved the traditional liberties of the German princes. Naming the state Saxony does not reflect the history and traditions of the NGC and NGR. Calling the NGR Saxony would be analogous to calling the UK England or the Netherlands Holland.
Except that, virtually all of the area of your North Germany was historically "Saxony" at some point or another.

I am well aware of it. As I said before, P-L never referred to itself as Sarmatia in any official manner OTL. I see no reason that it would ITTL.
Further, why do you assume that Sarmatism developed ITTL as it did OTL?
Well then, what would it be called here in common parlance, Rzczpospolita?

There is hardly an analogy between the two. In the case of the Macedonian Slavs, they took their name 'Macedonian' because they lived the geographic region of Macedonia. The same can not be said about the Serbs and Bulgarians (OTL or ATL). Neither of these took their names from the land on which they lived. Had the Serbs and Bulgarians called themselves Moesians before achieving statehood, you suggestion might make sense. Further, the name Moesia overlooks the fact that the republic also includes the regions of Macedonia and Thrace.
Aren't you assuming that all of these groups still form their same identities ITTL?

Here's the first of a series. In 2009, a comet spray decimated North America, as hinted by a system of lakes there. The world was cooled for a couple years, but carbon emissions from the huge volcano eruptions and wildfires that rampaged world-wide melted the icecaps, leaving the world a drenched wreck.

Now in 2020, civilization is attempting to rise again.

Fall Series 1.png

Here's the first of a series. In 2009, a comet spray decimated North America, as hinted by a system of lakes there. The world was cooled for a couple years, but carbon emissions from the huge volcano eruptions and wildfires that rampaged world-wide melted the icecaps, leaving the world a drenched wreck.

No civilization in Arabia, Egypt, India, or the southern hemisphere?

Also none in Greece, Indonesia, South Africa, South America, and the Pacific West Coast ?

Well I personally would say there'll gonna be quite a lot of civilizations rising.

Also none in Greece, Indonesia, South Africa, South America, and the Pacific West Coast ?

Well I personally would say there'll gonna be quite a lot of civilizations rising.

10 years is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too fast to melt the icecaps. At present rates it's going to take at least a hundred years (though new models say it may be sooner.) No amount of wildfire could melt the icecaps in 10 years.

Anyway I doubt civilization would recover in only 10 years, as well, if we're still alive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.