Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, right now I'm working on another one of my tea-dipped maps, should be finished in maybe half an hour.:)
Here it is, took a bit longer than half an hour...:D

Had to save it as jpeg:mad: because PNG was 2 megs!:eek:

All, hail Charles, King of All Spain, of Burgundy, of Bohemia, and of Transylvania; Duke of Austria, Carniola, Styria, and Carinthia;count of Tyrol; and Grand Master of the Teutonic Order!:D:D:D:D:D

Hapsburg map final2.jpg

All, hail Charles, King of All Spain, of Burgundy, of Bohemia, and of Transylvania; Duke of Austria, Carniola, Styria, and Carinthia;count of Tyrol; and Grand Master of the Teutonic Order!:D:D:D:D:D
Sweet Jesus, that's awesome!

Shouldn't he be Holy Roman Emperor as well?

It's still awesome. :eek:
I just realised that I'm beginning to sound like Messiniano when talking about my maps! His self-deprecation is contagious!!!:eek::eek:

And now that I look at my map again, I realise that I didn't add enough tea into map Map-Making Mixture.

And I forgot to label Austria.

Thande

Donor

Really awesome. :cool: Mind you, I see a war just over the horizon ;)

Random map
I don't see a separate Wales in that scenario, and I think Napoleon would probably directly annex some of the southern counties of England to France to give him control of the Channel, like he did to Austrian Dalmatia, Hanover etc.

And now that I look at my map again, I realise that I didn't add enough tea into map Map-Making Mixture.
*burps* Yes, sorry about that :D

Another one of my "maps"

Italy-1086.png

POD: Tancred de Hauteville gets a bit more frisky, and spawns two more boys; Mattiew (b. 1014); and and a second boy named Geoffrey (b. 1016). These two travel to Southern Italy like so many of their compatriots, looking for fame, fortune and a fief of their own.

Both served admirably in the doomed Byzantine invasion of Sicily in 1038. Mattiew earned the title 'the Crimson one' after hacking through the Saracen lines to save Geoffrey. After taking part in Gaimar of Salerno's campaign against the Greeks of Apulia, both were denied their own fiefs by their brother William the Iron Armed. Dejected, they traveled to Calabria. Geoffrey taking control of the north, Mattiew the south, they began the systematic plundering of Calabria. Mattiew was elected Count of Crotone, leader of the Normans of Calabria.

Geoffrey left his brother to travel back north to the Apulian Norman court at Melfi. A master of court intrigue and espionage, he quickly gained control of the loyalties of several key Norman and Lombard. In 1049 he moved against his brother Drogo and seized control of Melfi.

The Saracens of Sicily were an appeasing target for Mattiew. In 1059 he launched an invasion of the Island. Landing at Messina, he quickly carved out a beachhead where additional troops and supplies could be ferried across the straights. The conquest was long and bloody. in 1067 Palermo was finally captured. It wasn't until nearly a decade later that all of Sicily was under control. Mattiew realized that a navy was key to being powerful in the Mediterranean. In order to have free reign, and not be held down by the perpetual insurrections of the mainland. Mattiew gave his title 'Duke of Calabria' to Geoffrey, who was already Prince of Bari. This allowed him to start raiding North Africa, taking the coast, as well as the conquest of Sardinia and Corsica.

Nearing death in 1086, the two brothers looked back on their achievements. What new conquests would their sons bring to their domains?

Italy-1086.png

Another one of my "maps"

View attachment 35062

POD: Tancred de Hauteville gets a bit more frisky, and spawns two more boys; Mattiew (b. 1014); and and a second boy named Geoffrey (b. 1016). These two travel to Southern Italy like so many of their compatriots, looking for fame, fortune and a fief of their own.

Both served admirably in the doomed Byzantine invasion of Sicily in 1038. Mattiew earned the title 'the Crimson one' after hacking through the Saracen lines to save Geoffrey. After taking part in Gaimar of Salerno's campaign against the Greeks of Apulia, both were denied their own fiefs by their brother William the Iron Armed. Dejected, they traveled to Calabria. Geoffrey taking control of the north, Mattiew the south, they began the systematic plundering of Calabria. Mattiew was elected Count of Crotone, leader of the Normans of Calabria.

Geoffrey left his brother to travel back north to the Apulian Norman court at Melfi. A master of court intrigue and espionage, he quickly gained control of the loyalties of several key Norman and Lombard. In 1049 he moved against his brother Drogo and seized control of Melfi.

The Saracens of Sicily were an appeasing target for Mattiew. In 1059 he launched an invasion of the Island. Landing at Messina, he quickly carved out a beachhead where additional troops and supplies could be ferried across the straights. The conquest was long and bloody. in 1067 Palermo was finally captured. It wasn't until nearly a decade later that all of Sicily was under control. Mattiew realized that a navy was key to being powerful in the Mediterranean. In order to have free reign, and not be held down by the perpetual insurrections of the mainland. Mattiew gave his title 'Duke of Calabria' to Geoffrey, who was already Prince of Bari. This allowed him to start raiding North Africa, taking the coast, as well as the conquest of Sardinia and Corsica.

Nearing death in 1086, the two brothers looked back on their achievements. What new conquests would their sons bring to their domains?
:cool:
icon14.gif
:cool:
icon14.gif

THAT IS AN AWESOME MAP!!!!:cool::cool::cool:

I see you have used one of Qazaq's Europe maps.

I would suggest pouring on your tea after you put the text on. It looks better. And where did you get that awesome parchment?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.