Map Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabraloth,
I can totally understand. Drawing in statelets like the Thuringian Duchies can be a pain in the ass, especially w/ all those micro-enclaves within. I have also noticed that the HRE borders on your map have a very suspicious resemblence to the OTL 1942 borders of Nazi Germany, WEIRD.:D Absolutely fabulous map, anyways.:) Q

First post here!

Yay, first post here!

I would like it very much if someone would kindly post a blank map of Europe with only the rivers and lakes. Thanks in advance...

pgpmmfahiiios6.png

A revised version of my new timeline map.

Kabraloth,
I can totally understand. Drawing in statelets like the Thuringian Duchies can be a pain in the ass, especially w/ all those micro-enclaves within. I have also noticed that the HRE borders on your map have a very suspicious resemblence to the OTL 1942 borders of Nazi Germany, WEIRD.:D Absolutely fabulous map, anyways.:) Q
Thanks. And you can only add Austria, Czechia, and Poland in so many ways, so a certain resemblance is part of the thing (but it does look aesthetically pleasing, imo).

Thande

Donor
I have also noticed that the HRE borders on your map have a very suspicious resemblence to the OTL 1942 borders of Nazi Germany, WEIRD.:D Absolutely fabulous map, anyways.:) Q
I always found it odd that a map of Europe in 1000 AD has Poland with almost its modern borders (considering all the chopping and changing in between) and with the Polabian Slav area almost identical to East Germany...

I did mean Samartia, it being the Latin name stated for Russia on a lot of old maps, and thus fits well into the Revolutionary habit of giving Latinised state names (e.g. the Ligurian Republic).

The ASBs like Robespierre ;)

Sarmatia is a name I associate with Poland and possibly Lithuania, but not with Russia, and I doubt that I'm alone in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.