Map of Earth c50,000 CE.

Starseed

Banned
I'm looking sform somewhere to get a map of Earth that's 48 miliennia into the future.

Does anyboyd know where I could get this?

It wouldn't look all that different, if I'm reading your post right. This is 50 million years in the future, theoretically:

http://www.scotese.com/future.htm

So really, 48 thousand years in the future... a drier Mediterranean, possibly even an inland sea? It's probably more the climate and sea-level that will be different, rather than the general configuration of the continents.

A geological map? I don't think anyone can predict the future of political boundaries...

Be no need for borders; we'd be extinct by then. Geologically speaking, there would be little chance. Depending on what part of the Ice Age earth is in at the time (or if it had finally ended) only sea level would be different. There's no way to predict that with certainty, but given the pattern, there is a higher probability that the glaciers would expand again, so sea levels would be lower. It would probably looks like a map of Earth from 20k years ago. But this would just be an extrapolation, and I can't make any certainties.

Starseed

Banned
Yes, I'm looking for a geological map.

I'd like to avert the 'unchanging planet' trope for a scifi setting I've been plodding along making/not making.

And yes, I'd be willing to spend cash on this. (Up to 50$.)

There will be no political boundaries, because Earth will be the capital of the Grand Terran Empire.

Although an ice age would seriously hamper human development, by the next one, I think humans will not only survive, they will be at least on the moon.

Assuming we don't cause an Ice Age in 50 or so years.

Yes, I'm looking for a geological map.

I'd like to avert the 'unchanging planet' trope for a scifi setting I've been plodding along making/not making.

And yes, I'd be willing to spend cash on this. (Up to 50$.)

Given 50,000 years, its quite possible there have been some human mega-engineering projects: an inland sea in Australia, a greened Sahara with rivers, etc. - or perhaps even putting in some new lands in convenient locations, ala L. Sprague De Camp's "Viagens."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Continent_Makers

Even in the near term, there are suggestions being made for technological fixed to the global warming problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoengineering

Possibly at some point in the future we might decide a warmer, wetter climate than we have currently is ideal, which will effect shorelines, deserts, etc.

Or, with 50,000 years, we may have gone from global warming to a new ice age, and our cybernetic, sunlight-powered, full-environment-suited descendants simply don't care, since they can live happily on arctic ice as well as in jungle heat. (See Arthur Clarke, "Fountains of Paradise.")

And speaking of FoP, orbital beanstalks might in time grow to a virtual ring city, with a whole row of giant towers around the equator...

Bruce