Map Continuation X - Map 2 - Asia

• Thread starter Deleted member 4898
  • Start date
If Tengriism is out, I vote Catholicism/Christianity, for the "What?" factor.

Reformed Tengriism seems neat, though, I'll support that.

Anyone who wants to refine the Union's borders when the add a new nation, go ahead.
Refined.

Bohemia's Indian enclave has been removed from the map. Would the next poster please add it back?

Catholic Mongolia? Oh my.

That certainly is different. The possibility of a Mongolian Pope is... fascinating.
Bohemia is back, Swedish colonies are swedish coloured.

@ Mongolia: a Mongolian... Pope!? Ok, now this would be new.
But hey, if Mongolia develops its own sect of Christianity but keeps the Catholic structure... a Mongolian pope over the Asian Church, maybe?
But² a ""reformed"" Tengriism, maybe integrated with Sikhism, would be easier to achieve and less... strange. I don't know what you prefer, though. I like both ideas.

edit: updated map

mcx_asia.png

Can we recolor Mongolia? It's too close to Portuguese green, which makes its the latter's Chinese claims hard to identify.

Refined.

Bohemia is back, Swedish colonies are swedish coloured.

@ Mongolia: a Mongolian... Pope!? Ok, now this would be new.
But hey, if Mongolia develops its own sect of Christianity but keeps the Catholic structure... a Mongolian pope over the Asian Church, maybe?

How about the Portuguese manage to convert the Mongolians to Catholicism, albeit by utilizing (and in some cases blatantly re-purposing) aspects Tengiirism. Feast days are made that happen to land on former cultural events, etc. Slowly, the religion spreads from the upper classes of Mongolia to the lower and for a while Mongolia is majority Catholic with the Archbishop of Mongolia acting as a messenger for the Pope.

Sometime before the present day, relations between the Vatican and the Archbishop break down. A message is misinterpreted and the Mongolian Archbishop breaks with the Church, crowning himself Pope of the Asian Church. Seeing this as an opportunity to stop the West from meddling in their affairs, the ruler of Mongolia supports this. The ruler and the Mongolian Pope goes on to further reform Mongolian Catholicism to the point where it is almost unidentifiable.

Unlikely, but pretty damn cool if you ask me.

EDIT: Sorry, I am a little tired. It is nearing midnight here and I am in desperate need of sleep. I apologize if the above is incomprehensible. Also, here is a hypothetical symbol for Mongolian Christianity that I was thinking of in my head. Crudely drawn in MS Paint.

nF61d.png

Last edited:
Added boundaries of Arab Sultanates, recolored Mongolia, made Central Indian territories an Anglish domain. probably consisting of princely states as in OTL.

EDIT: Shoot. Changed colors.

sYIbF.png