Map Contest?

Thande

Donor
I might be interested in entering this, though I'm not particularly optimistic about my chances (even if Diamond and SK sit it out, there's still a lot of other people with considerable mapmaking talents on this boad).

I might be interested in entering this, though I'm not particularly optimistic about my chances (even if Diamond and SK sit it out, there's still a lot of other people with considerable mapmaking talents on this boad).

Ah another vict....er...volunteer. ;)

Really who knows you might do better than you think, and you won't know unless you try.

I'm also in, I guess... How will this be done- will there be a set topic?

Well I was thinking, and I suppose the judges will need to confir amongst ourselves, but the first contest would be one where the contestant chooses the map (with maybe a little explanation to go with it). So it could be a pre-1900 map, 1900 and on, fantasy, historical, etc. Just something to show off their maps skills. Rules will still need to be worked out. The other contests would have their category chosen, for example, the 2nd one could be pre-1900 map with a given PoD chosen by one of the judges (or a suggestion from another poster). While the 4th could be a fantasy map (i.e. alternate geography, different world, etc.).

One rule I do want to see is no previous made maps...all must be original (for each contest). No reusing for example the pre-1900 map you did for the first contest in the 2nd one (if that was the category).

Well I was thinking, and I suppose the judges will need to confir amongst ourselves, but the first contest would be one where the contestant chooses the map (with maybe a little explanation to go with it). So it could be a pre-1900 map, 1900 and on, fantasy, historical, etc. Just something to show off their maps skills. Rules will still need to be worked out. The other contests would have their category chosen, for example, the 2nd one could be pre-1900 map with a given PoD chosen by one of the judges (or a suggestion from another poster). While the 4th could be a fantasy map (i.e. alternate geography, different world, etc.).

One rule I do want to see is no previous made maps...all must be original (for each contest). No reusing for example the pre-1900 map you did for the first contest in the 2nd one (if that was the category).

thats a good idea.

when should entry close? a week? or is that to long? we do have 16 contestants already...

thats a good idea.

when should entry close? a week? or is that to long? we do have 16 contestants already...

I'd say we'll close it next Friday, October 13th...ooo Friday the 13th. :D

And then the first contest will be closed two weeks after that.

Is this acceptable to all?