Map Contest IV: Round VI

Map Contest IV: Round V

A quick reminder to use the Discussion Thread for all discussions, questions, etc. Violators will punished accordingly. After this post the only thing that should appear are maps that adhere to this contest. General rules for the contest can also be found in that thread.

Note this is the last round before the final round to determine the winner of this Map Contest, so if you want to compete in the final round this will be your final chance. Also all winners of previous rounds take head that the final round is coming to a thread near you, and your participation is needed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is this round's challenge:

This one is a Future History challenge.

The attempts at stemming the global recession starting in the late first decade of the 21st century has failed. A true global depression not seen since the 1930s has wrecked havoc on the world's economy which has caused unprecedented amounts of unrest across the globe. Many of the first world nations have survived but the fire has gone out of most of them during this bleak time as they turn inward just trying to survive. The rest of the world is wracked by starvation (aid had dried up long ago), war (what better way to distract your citizens by going to war with your neighbor), disease (always follows the first two), poverty (still there but going strong), and of course independence/separatist movements! (Yes, yes, of course there are areas where some nations have joined together in political unions to stem the economic crisis...)

They're two major events to take into account:

1) The economic crisis had crippled the economy of Mexico leaving its weak government even weaker. Several heavily armed drug cartels tired of the efforts of the Mexican Federal government interfering in their business have decided to carve out some 'kingdoms of their own'. A corrupt general who had ties to the cartels also got into the act.

Unfortunately for the cartels this action drew the attention of the proverbial 800 lb gorilla to the north. While a civil war in Mexico was of great interest to the US the tired people of the US (economically distracted and barely removed from Iraq and Afghanistan) was more inclined to just offer what humanitarian aid they could. Until one of the cartel-kings, fighting a losing battle against another cartel-king, in a desperate move raided an aid camp within the US border. Sadly for him Poncho Villa he is not, and even sadder the US Armed forces are not the ones from the early 20th Century.

2) In 2016 the weak Pakistani democratic elected government collapsed from within. The base veneer over the civil war that had been simmering for years has finally come off. Worse of all two nukes have gone missing.

The Rules: The map can be a global map or a more targeted map, your call, and try to be detailed as possible I want to see some good map keys people. The map must be between the the years of 2018 to 2036 AD, again your choice of the date(s) as long as it is between those years.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have one week.

Remember ask any questions in the Discussion Thread.

Best of luck to all the contestants,

Chief Judge SK

Operation Blackjack

The US obviously isn't going to take the attack on its aid camp lying down. This map depicts Mexico on the eve of Operation Blackjack, America's attempt to bring down the cartels before Mexico is plunged into complete anarchy, and incidently secure the border against drugs, illegal immigrants (or refugees nowadays) and narcoterrorists.

With the bulk of the American military tied up in the Middle East, the US has limited resources to deal with the cartels. It remains in doubt whether Blackjack will be a success.

Blackjack.png

Post Kataklysmik North Amerika

I had already posted this map, but then i discovered a typo (a real one, not the Nu Anglish which is used in the Empire of Texarado :)) on it. So here is the corrected version. I hope i got everything right now.

After a madman started WW 3, some people survived. Now civilization is back.:)

Post-Kataklysmik North Amerika V 2.2.gif

Last edited:
This is a map of Greece in turmoil. I just registered onto this site but this contest looks fun,even if this is my only shot.

greece.PNG

I'm feeling generous (well actually I'm sick to be honest) and am extending this round through Monday 16 February. That is all.

Chief Judge SK

Deleted member 4898

Map. There's no reason for the weird glowy softness effect thing. The text, in case, for whatever reason, you can't read it says:
This map shows the occupation zones of NATO, India and the PRC in South Asia at the height of the 2026 (yes, I know, wrong year) Pakistani Civil War, and the subsequent war of Chinese Agression. China, fearing growing Indian influence in the region, invaded the country after India's 'peacekeeping' operation in war torn Pakistan. Joined by NATO force from Afghanistan, the Indians managed to stabilise the north of the country, while annexing Kashmir in the process. China invaded India shortly afterwards. While the war stayed largely conventional, the threat of nuclear warfare remained.

AH_Map_Contest_Submission_by_Gandavien.png

Round VI is closed!

The winners will be announced soon and keep an eye out for the final round. So those of you who have won a round (or been runners-up to a winner who has won multiple times) keep an especially close eye out for the final round contest.

Chief Judge SK

Yes, all the judges have cast their votes and it is time to announce the final winner to last open contest of Map Contest IV. A few more comments before I name the winner. First keep all comments to the Discussion thread (see first post for link), and a big thanks to all participants in the past six rounds. In a day or so I'll post in the Discussion thread (and in a new thread for the final round) who is to move onto the final round. We've been told Imperator has something special lined up for the final round so everyone keep a close eye out for news on that front.

Now without further adieu...

Drum roll please (a one man band with huge kazoo)

The winner for round VI is Jman!!!

Congrats to Jman you move onto the final round.

And there was a three way tie for the runners-up which goes to Imajin, Sapiento, and Valshannar.

A big round of applause to those guys.

Again keep comments to the discussion thread and keep an eye of for the final round to Map Contest VI.

Chief Judge SK