Map Contest IV: Round I

14mw775.jpg

Memo:
To: General Geroge Patton
Re: Operation Sea-Tiger
It has been decided that Stalin cannot be trusted to give up the land siezed after this war. It has also been decided that in order to minimize Soivet gain, we must begin a Balkan Front. Below is the outline of Operation Sea-Tiger, a plan to invade Greece, and immediatly drive North and sieze the Rumanian Oil Fields before the Soivets can. Intelligence suggests that the German units in Greece are poorly suppiled and poorly trained, but that their units in Rumania are tougher. We are halting our main advance on the North of Italy so we may stage this invasion.

Key:
Yellow: Allied Control
Brown: German Control
Light Red: Turkey
Blue: Projected Naval Landings
Green: Projected Ground Offensive Route
Pink: Project Major Battles
Dark Red: Possible Soivet Movement

Eastern%20Med 2.PNG

And this is what happens when I'm entirely out of time for the whole month... :(

Anyway, invasion in the Balkans shortly after Italy - this is how the war progresses...

Contest-Part-I.png

081208083958385946.png

I know that in Real Timeline:
-Stalin died in 1953
-Warsew Pact was created in 1955
But as allied offensive trough Balkans hepled right-wing resistences and/or collaborationist governments (as Horthy's Hungary), USSR have a more radical oppositions with allies. In fact, Cold War could be considered to begun since 1944.
The necessary of a unconscessional position against "american imperialism" make Stalin's opponents less powerfuls and prevent the assassination of the "man of steel".
And Warsaw Pact came earlier for the same reasons : harder relations between USSR and USA

Well I've gotten home from work, eaten some yummy home made tacos, and now declare this round of the contest closed!

The judges will be reviewing the submitted entries and be returning a verdict as soon as possible.

Chief Judge SK

First off I'd like to thank all the participants in the Map Contest IV. What a turn out for the first round and I hope to see as many of you back for the second round. Which should be announced soon (as soon as we the judges hammer out a few details on the challenge).

But what you've all been waiting for of course is who has won the first round. Now without further adieu...

Drum roll please....

The winner is Ampersand!

Congrats to Ampersand. :cool:

Runners-up goes to Guderian's Beard.

Congrats to him also.

A few notable mentions go to Highlander and WilcoxChar as their names came up in the voting process.

A round of applause to our winners and frankly to all the participants as many excellent maps, some really quite novel, were entered this round.

A reminder please keep all comments to the comment/rules thread. Thanks.