Making a map equirectangular

Hey guys! This is a question for those more able than myself at mapmaking beyond connecting vector dots.

I'm trying to turn a map that is 3588x2000 pixels into an equirectangular one (4000x2000 or 3588x1794), so that a friend can do some magic mapping on it.

But I honestly have no idea about how to do it, so if either could show how to do it, or do it for me, that'd be awesome.

qRhXCUy.png

Alright, that should be 2000x4000. G.Projector is a lifesaver with this sort of thing, really would vouch for giving it a download if this is your jam.

EDIT: Alright, that's actually 3994x2000, and there's a white background around it. Not sure if that's a problem, but it should only take a moment to fix anyway. BRB.

EDIT 2: Alright, this should be 2000x4000 exactly.

Last edited:
Is there anything that doesn't require java? I'd prefer not to have the security risks and massive headache that comes with having it.

Sorry man, I can't say I have a clue. I've struggled getting Java to work as is before.

If it's worth anything, G.Projector's given me no hassle at all while I've had it. The only external files you need are some images to use as maps, so that should be safe as well. (probably clear i'm not very teched up here lol)

worldmap

Banned
Sorry man, I can't say I have a clue. I've struggled getting Java to work as is before.

If it's worth anything, G.Projector's given me no hassle at all while I've had it. The only external files you need are some images to use as maps, so that should be safe as well. (probably clear i'm not very teched up here lol)

Hey Lowtuff, could you help out with a map I have made it's qbam just need it changed to a different projection