Someone create a LTTW Societist mapping project! We've got another zone! Isn't it a bit too soon for them to already have these zones though?

They mention zones that WOULD be the ENA, Brazil, etc. I think it's more they divided the entire globe into zones, whether or not they actually control it. After all, why give lip service to other nationalities at all in this ideology?

Societism is borne from lies. Directed through deception.

The Orwellian vibe runs strong in this update.

One wonders how such a foundation should even be ever be supposed to be even remotely stable.
At some point, Societists would have to have reveal they are in charge, and at least some of their true aims.
People deceived by them would realize they've been deceived, and will be upset about that.
I am inclined to suppose a very unsubtle degree of over-charging by the ATL author.

There would little point in letting Suarez realize exactly how manipulatory, duplicitous, deceptive and doublethink-y the Societists have been while screwing over his party, friends, and country, while putting him on a one-way mission to be deceptive and duplicitous on their behalf. Suarez' family will not "share his fate"; they are effectively hostages (good Lord, that is cruel); but wouldn't it be easier and safer to spare him the "revelation of the evil masterplan" bit so that he couldn't be witness of that while in exile?

Also, the accent of Alvarez seems to be heavily implied as a foreshadowing of Novalatina slowly creeping through his Spanish... nah, this ATL author is really unsubtle in his anachronostic Diversitarian propaganda.

They mention zones that WOULD be the ENA, Brazil, etc. I think it's more they divided the entire globe into zones, whether or not they actually control it. After all, why give lip service to other nationalities at all in this ideology?

I still think it's probably anachronism by the author in the effort to paint Societism as evil as fanatical as possible.
Though, to be fair, Priestley and Monterroso also come out under a very negative light, to the point the reader almost sympathizes with some of Alvarez. The Diversitarian side ATL probably does not forgive them that they unwittingly enabled the rise of the Societists.

Who is probably Diversitarian, so would have a vested interest in portraying Societists in a bad a light as possible.

But if he really is a Diversitarian, he would also have a "justified" reason to lie.

I still think it's probably anachronism by the author in the effort to paint Societism as evil as fanatical as possible.

That's what I meant. The author wants us to think that the Societists have already divised their future NWO.

Also, the accent of Alvarez seems to be heavily implied as a foreshadowing of Novalatina slowly creeping through his Spanish... nah, this ATL author is really unsubtle in his anachronostic Diversitarian propaganda.

This is just anachronisms overload.

xsampa

Banned
Notice the use of "Human" to represent "Societist". For all their universalistic rhetoric, they view non-Societists as distinctly subhuman, which makes getting rid of them easier.

Rambam23

Banned
This is just so beautiful. I actually laughed.

Someone create a LTTW Societist mapping project! We've got another zone! Isn't it a bit too soon for them to already have these zones though?

I could imagine them setting the zones up in anticipation of conquering the whole world. Makes me think of OTL Revolutionary France redividing France without regard to historical regions.

Or more similarly Nazis’ planned Reichskommissariats.

They also need the terminology so they can stay ideologically pure.

Yikes. Societism might wind up on my list of scariest alt-hist ideologies now, assuming our author fri end isn't stretching the truth(not that he'd ever do such a thing, of course). I can't help but wonder if the Societists of the time were really so cultish-I mean, renaming the entire world's territories all at once? Really?

Thande

Donor
Literally thought when I went to bed last night 'I bet I forgot the footnotes again'. Not that they were particularly important for this one, but they've been added in.

As several commenters worked out, this version of events by this author is obviously heavily influenced by hindsight. You might want to speculate about exactly what future trends influenced the way this one was written, in particular the individuals involved.