Linguistic Map Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all your linguistic needs. Historical or modern, post it here! (I'll attempt to convert it to UCS too, unless you want to.)

Here's a map to start us off (yes, very WIP):

families.png

This is good so far, but I cannot tell if you've included the Turcoman pockets in northern Iraq.
I don't think so. I am going to find a more iraq specific map soon though. If you have a good one feel free to link or attach. :)

Maybe it's just my monitor, but Uralic and Altaic look the same color. If they are truly the same color, you should know that the link between those families is an old theory that has never been confirmed.

Maybe it's just my monitor, but Uralic and Altaic look the same color. If they are truly the same color, you should know that the link between those families is an old theory that has never been confirmed.
Altaic is TACOS Turkey, Uralic is TACOS Hungary.

For all your linguistic needs. Historical or modern, post it here! (I'll attempt to convert it to UCS too, unless you want to.)

Here's a map to start us off (yes, very WIP):

Could you find your other linguistic map, with all the languages labeled? I can`t seem to find the finished one.

Could you find your other linguistic map, with all the languages labeled? I can`t seem to find the finished one.
Yeah, I've abandoned that one. NUCS was what I was using, but due to it getting updated I have dozens of specks of colours that are impossible to identify, thus making labelling impossible. :eek:

Yeah, I've abandoned that one. NUCS was what I was using, but due to it getting updated I have dozens of specks of colours that are impossible to identify, thus making labelling impossible. :eek:

When I meant "languages labeled" I meant it had all of the languages on it, rather than by language family.

I need it for TIDH, as Persia magically transforms into the Mid-Eastern Confederation (With Ethnic Provinces!), because of a Baloch Rebellion in the South joining India in it`s plans for a united South Asia.

I like the color scheme being used thus far for the language families map. It is arguably a good think that the Uralic and Turkic language families look to be similar in color.

On the old map or the new one?

The last you put : it looks like someone took EVERY revendication for a language without selecting between them (using linguistics by exemple, or simple reflexion) and represented every lunatic pseudo-language.

Besides you have a total mess with showing aeras where languages are traditionally spoken, and in the same times (for other languages) only where they are the most spoken today.

That would be an . . . undertaking. (To make the understatement of the year!)

Perhaps eventually we can get a nice collabrative project going to do that.

And maybe making some correct, or at least corrected version of worlda before thinking about putting these information in Q-BAM.

For continue with the understatment, "correct" there means deleting half of things to remake again.

I can help you!

I tried working on it once.
Very well, we can get to work on the grand project then. Which parts of the world do you want?

Also, what will be our "uninhabited" cut off density? (We should probably have a universal one so that we don't have to wonder if two maps are equally strict or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.