Life After the Black Sox - A Collaborative TL (with a Twist that Is)

@Duc4AlternateHistory: Good Predictions but Everything will Change however In the Best of '85, I Will Declare a Group of 8 Women led by Choir Drill Star Teri Hatcher to secure the #1 Song of 1985 being a Remake of that MCTYW Thing, More Details after we look back with Hockey and.....

THE 1985-1986 NHL SEASON IN REVIEW

FINAL STANDINGS

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Central: Milwaukee Admirals (114 Points), Detroit Red Wings (102 Points), Chicago Black Hawks (98 Points), Minnesota North Stars (86 Points), Indianapolis Racers (76 Points)
Heartland: Winnipeg Jets (101 Points), St. Louis Blues (82 Points), Houston Aeros (63 Points), Dallas Titans (42 Points), Kansas City Scouts (39 Points)
Northwest: Edmonton Oilers (99 Points), Seattle Kraken (86 Points), Vancouver Canucks (80 Points), Calgary Cowboys (73 Points), Portland Rosebuds (47 Points)
Southwest: Los Angeles Kings (105 Points), Colorado Avalanche (73 Points), San Francisco Grizzlies (72 Points), Salt Lake City Gulls (67 Points), San Diego Gulls (57 Points)

EASTERN CONFERENCE

Northeast: Toronto Maple Leafs (130 Points), Buffalo Sabres (91 Points), Ottawa Senators (84 Points), Montreal Canadiens (73 Points), Quebec Nordiques (61 Points)
Metropolitan: New York Islanders (121 Points), New York Rangers (95 Points), Hartford Whalers (93 Points), Boston Bruins (72 Points), Brooklyn Bolts (45 Points)
Mid-Atlantic: Charlotte Checkers (80 Points), Baltimore Skipjacks (75 Points), Philadelphia Flyers (73 Points), Washington Capitals (70 Points), Pittsburgh Penguins (48 Points)
Southeast: Atlanta Flames (122 Points), Birmingham Bulls (112 Points), Nashville Predators (96 Points), Tampa Bay Lightning (54 Points), Miami Panthers (43 Points)

PLAYOFFS

Stanley Cup Round of 16: Atlanta def. Indianapolis 4-0, Birmingham def. Nashville 4-0, Minnesota def. Charlotte 4-1, Philadelphia def. Baltimore 4-2, Boston def. Toronto 4-3, Buffalo def. Ottawa 4-3, NY Islanders def. Montreal 4-1, Hartford def. NY Rangers 4-2
Stanley Cup Quarterfinal: Birmingham def. Atlanta 4-3, Minnesota def. Philadelphia 4-2, Buffalo def. Boston 4-2, NY Islanders def. Hartford 4-2
Stanley Cup Semi-Final: Birmingham def. Minnesota 4-0, NY Islanders def. Buffalo 4-0
Stanley Cup: Birmingham def. NY Islanders 4-3

LEAGUE LEADERS

Points - Wayne Gretzky (Birmingham) 188
Goals - Wayne Gretzky (Birmingham) 80
Assists - Wayne Gretzky (Birmingham) 108
Goals Against Average - Don Beaupre (NY Islanders) 2.10
Save Percentages - Kelly Hrudey (Atlanta) .910
Wins - Kelly Hrudey (Atlanta) 50

1986 NHL AMATEUR DRAFT: The Baltimore Skipjacks chose LD Brian Leetch as the Top Draft Choice, The Brooklyn Bolts chose RW Mark Recchi as their 4th pick.

NEXT THE 1986 NASCAR COCA-COLA CUP SERIES PLAYOFFS

Last edited:
1985 NASCAR COCA COLA CUP SERIES PLAYOFFS

ROUND OF 16
Southern 500 - Bobby Allison
Wrangler Sanforset 400 - Harry Gant
Delaware 400 - Bobby Allison
Eliminated for the Round of 12: Ken Schrader, Geoff Bodine, Dale Earnhardt & Joe Ruttman

ROUND OF 12
Pennsylvania 400 - Harry Gant
Holly Farms 400 - Geoff Bodine
Rhythm Radio Roval 400 - Harry Gant
Eliminated from the Round of 8: JD McDuffie, Bill Elliott, Geoff Bodine & Bobby Hillin, Jr.

ROUND OF 8
Texaco 400 - Dale Earnhardt
Phoenix 500 - Bobby Allison
Las Vegas Hilton 400 - Bobby Allison
Eliminated from the Final 4: Darrell Waltrip, Tim Richmond & Buddy Arrington & Kyle Petty
Final 4 Contenders: Harry Gant, Lake Speed, Bobby Allison & Neil Bonnett

FINAL 4
Coca-Cola Championship Grand Prix - Darrell Waltrip
But with Harry Gant finishing 2nd he won the 1985 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Title

ON THE RADIO: THE NUMBER 1'S FOR AT40/ACC/RRC

October 12, 1985
AT40: "Don't Lose My Number" by Phil Collins (3rd Week)
ACC: "I Fell in Love Again Last Night" by The Forester Sisters (3rd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (2nd Week)

October 19, 1985
AT40: "Take On Me" by a-ha
ACC: "Meet Me in Montana" by Marie Osmond
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (3rd Week)

October 26, 1985
AT40: "Take On Me" by a-ha (2nd Week)
ACC: "Meet Me in Montana" by Marie Osmond (2nd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (4th Week)

November 2, 1985
AT40: "We Built this City" by Starship
ACC: "Meet Me in Montana" by Marie Osmond (3rd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (5th Week)

November 9, 1985
AT40: "We Built this City" by Starship (2nd Week)
ACC: "Some Fools Never Learn" by Steve Warnier
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (6th Week)

November 16, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (After Spending 6 Weeks in the Rhythm Radio Chart, The Love Boat Mermaids which Featured an Ex-Fremont Featherette (Teri Hatcher), 2 Former Solid Gold Hits Dancers (Debra Johnson & Macarena Gandarillas) and a Performer at Opryland USA in Nashville, TN (Beth Myatt) invaded to #1 on Billboard's Chart on AT40, However that song is part of Gari's News Series 4000 package being played on KFSN in Fresno, CA, KTRK in Houston, TX, WJET in Erie, PA, WKBW in Buffalo, NY, WNEP in Scranton, PA, WPVI in Philadelphia, PA, WSM in Nashville, TN, WTNH in Hartford-New Haven, CT & WTVD in Raleigh, NC in which these stations have also aired The Love Boat in it's Ninth Season which featured a new Troupe of Singers and Dancers called the Love Boat Mermaids when it aired on ABC)
ACC: "Some Fools Never Learn" by Steve Warnier (2nd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (7th Week)

November 23, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (2nd Week)
ACC: "Some Fools Never Learn" by Steve Warnier (3rd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (8th Week)

November 30, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (3rd Week)
ACC: "I'll Never Stop Loving You" by Gary Morris
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (9th Week)

December 7, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (4th Week)
ACC: "I'll Never Stop Loving You" by Gary Morris (2nd Week)
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (10th Week)

December 14, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (5th Week)
ACC: "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)" by Lee Greenwood
RRC: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (11th Week)

December 21, 1985
AT40: "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids (6th Week)
ACC: "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)" by Lee Greenwood (2nd Week)
RRC: "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy (After 11 Weeks on the Rhythm Radio Charts, The Love Boat Mermaids sailed out of #1 for Former Saturday Night Live Cast Member Eddie Murphy in which he scored his First Ever #1 in Rhythm Radio History)

December 28, 1985
AT40: "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy (After 6 Weeks on the AT40 Charts, The Love Boat Mermaids sailed out for Eddie Murphy to go #1 on the Billboard Charts as well.)
ACC: "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)" by Lee Greenwood (3rd Week)
RRC: "Party All The Time" by Eddie Murphy

January 4, 1986
AT40 (Best of 1985): "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis and the News
ACC (Best of 1985): "Natural High" by Merle Haggard
RRC (Best of 1985): "Move Closer to Your World '85" by The Love Boat Mermaids

OTHER AT40 SONGS IOTL THAT WERE ON THE RHYTHM RADIO CHARTS ITTL (Other Than the #1's on AT40)
"Say You, Say Me" by Lionel Richie
"That's What Friends are For" by Dionne & Friends
"I Miss You" by Klymaxx
"Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister
"Seperate Lives (Love Theme)" by Phil Collins & Marilyn Martin
"Tonight She Comes" by The Cars
"Walk of Life" by Dire Straits
"Emergency" by Kool & The Gang
"It's Only Love" by Bryan Adams & Tina Turner
"I'm Your Man" by Wham
"Miami Vice Theme" by Jan Hammer
"Who's Zoomin' Who" by Aretha Franklin
"Love's Theme from St. Elmo's Fire" by David Foster
"Soul Kiss" by Olivia Newton-John
"Oh Sheila" by Ready for the World
"You Belong to the City" by Glenn Frey
"Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits
"Dancing in the Street '85" by El Rancho Song & Dance
"Be Near Me" by ABC
"You Are My Lady" by Freddie Jackson

Last edited:
Next week's AT40/ACC/RRC:

AT40: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (2nd Week)
ACC: "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)" by Lee Greenwood (4th Week)
RRC: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (3rd Week)

AT40: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (3rd Week)
ACC: "Morning Desire" by Kenny Rogers
RRC: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (4th Week)

AT40: "Sancity Yourself" by Simple Minds
ACC: "Morning Desire" by Kenny Rogers (2nd Week)
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson

ACC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (2nd Week)

AT40: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (2nd Week)
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash (2nd Week)
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (3rd Week)

AT40: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (3rd Week)
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash (3rd Week)
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (4th Week)

AT40: "Why Can't This Be Love" by Van Halen
ACC: "Makin' Up for Lost Time (The Dallas Lovers' Song)" by Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris
RRC: "Rough Boy" by ZZ Top

AT40: "Why Can't This Be Love" by Van Halen (2nd Week)
ACC: "Makin' Up for Lost Time (The Dallas Lovers' Song)" by Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris (2nd Week)
RRC: "ZZ Top" by Rough Boy (2nd Week)

AT40: "Stripped" by Depeche Mode
ACC: "There's No Stopping Your Heart" by Marie Osmond
RRC: "All Cried Out" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam

AT40: "Stripped" by Depeche Mode (2nd Week)
ACC: "You Can Dream of Me" by Steve Warnier
RRC: "All Cried Out" by Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam (2nd Week)

AT40: "Stripped" by Depeche Mode (3rd Week)
ACC: "You Can Dream of Me" by Steve Warnier (2nd Week)
RRC: "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper

AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna
ACC: "What's a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna

AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (2nd Week)
ACC: "What's a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (2nd Week)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (2nd Week)

A Life After the Black Sox TL Intermission: TriNet Network News

Debuted on June 9, 1980, The Newscast was produced by TriNet's Flagship station in New York City anchored by WPIX's Bill Jorgensen, Steve Bosh and Pat Harper with Jerry Girard with Sports and Roberto Tirado with the Weather, Reporting Staff from WPIX was also utilized on the program, Weekend Editions were added in September 1980 (Instead of October 1980 just like IOTL)

TNN also used reports from TriNet Affiliates, the Associated Press, UPI and Visnews to supplement it's own coverage.

In 1981, A Midday Edition of the Trinet Network News debuted anchored by Marvin Scott and Claire Carter in addition TriNet added the Wall Street Journal Report and the Sunday Newsmaker Show From the Editor's Desk hosted by Richard D. Heffner

In 1983, Bill Jorgensen left for KDFW in Dallas, TX replacing him is Brad Holbrook who came in from WNAC/WNEV in Boston, MA and is co-anchored by Harper.

On October 7, 1985, TriNet Midday News rebranded into TriDay News anchored by Brad Holbrook and Donna Hanover and is paired with three new shows to create a 2-hour block of News and Infotainment as an alternative to Game Shows and Soap Operas, The New Midday Schedule for TriNet Looked Like This

12:00 PM: Local Programming
12:30 PM: TriDay News (Brad Holbrook & Donna Hanover)
1:00 PM: All About Us (Ron Hendren)
1:30 PM: It's a Great Life (Rose Marie & Ed Begley, Jr.)
2:00 PM: What's Hot, What's Not (Fred Willard & Melanie Chartoff)

Although TriNet's New TriDay Lineup is Successful and all 4 shows were renewed for September '86.

Melanie Chartoff? Grace Musso (from Parker Lewis)?
Melanie Chartoff's Acting Resume before TriNet added It's Weekday Lineup with What's Hot, What's Not in which she co-hosted with Fred Willard

1976: TV Debut when she played Nancy Craig on Search for Tomorrow (NBC)
1978: Played Various Voices on Challenge of the Super Friends (ran until 1980)
1980: Starred on the Sketch Comedy Show Fridays (ABC) (ran until 1982)

However when we get to 1990, Parker Lewis Can't Lose make it's debut on CBS (instead of FOX ITTL), Melanie will play Grace Musso like IOTL but for What's Hot, What's Not ITTL the show will return for the '86-'87 Season with a New Co-Host to Join Fred Willard

Meanwhile All About Us with Ron Hendren will get a Co-Host as well for Season 2 with Tiiu Leek (who hosted That's My Line on CBS with TPIR's Bob Barker)

As for Dancin' On Air when we head to 1986, Mike Rossi will be joined by a woman named Heather Day who goes by the Name "Princess" who will co-host until 1989 before succeeding Rossi as the Permanent Host starting in 1989 however Kelly Ripa could co-host beginning in '87.

UP NEXT: 1985 in Pageantry

Last edited:
1985 IN PAGEANTRY (PART 1: Miss USA & Miss Teen USA)

Miss Teen USA 1985: Held on January 22, 1985 at the Miami Convention Center in Miami and is broadcasted on CBS and on Rhythm Radio with a Canadian Simulsub on CTV, However Kelly Hu from Hawaii won the Crown but will not compete for the Miss USA Title in 1985, instead she will be on the Troupe for the 1985 Miss USA Pageant along with Wyoming's Emily Ernst (1st Runner-Up), Dru Homer from Washington (2nd Runner-Up), Texas' Konae Wehle (3rd Ronner-Up), Missouri's Rhonda Hoglan (4th Runner-Up) and others.

Miss USA 1985: Held on May 13th at the Lakeland Civic Auditorium as part of the City's 100th Anniversary and is broadcasted on Television on CBS with an Audio Simulcast of The Telecast on Rhythm Radio with Canadian Simulsub on CTV

However the Opening Number of the 1985 Contest had all 51 Contestants alongside the 1985 Miss USA Choir Troupe singing a Remake of "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang

The Pageant saw the First Ever Deaf Miss USA Contestant in history as Marty Browning won the Miss Tennessee USA Title and is chosen to represent the Volunteer State for the Title of Miss USA in addition Kelly Hu who was crowned Miss Teen USA 1985 is in the troupe but she would not compete at Miss USA until she won her Miss Hawaii USA Title and will represent in Hawaii in 1993 (which will be posted later.)

However Kool and the Gang will later perform after the Delegate Introductions to conclude the Opening Number along with the US Naval Air Training Command Choir

But for Kool and the Gang they went on to Perform at Halftime after the Interview and Swimsuit Competitions were finished as a Distinguished Panel of Judges including Dallas Cowboys RB Eric Dickerson completed the Prelims as well as the First 2 Phases of the Finals so they take a Rest to watch Kool and the Gang join forces with the 1985 Miss USA Contestants and Troupe (including Miss Teen USA 1985, Kelly Hu of Course)

Afterwards the Evening Gown Competition took place as Eric and his Team of Distinguished Panel of Judges are ready to tackle one more round of Semi-Finals but they were preceded with a Performance by Lee Greenwood joining with the US Naval Training Command Choir with "God Bless The USA" (However ITTL when we get to 2002: Jump5 will perform that song in the 2002 Miss USA Pageant on FOX along with Members of the Troupe and Contestants of the 2002 Miss USA Pageant to honor the victims who were lost on September 11th so more on that when we get there)

The Night Ended as Laura Harring from Texas won the title of Miss USA become the First Mexican-Born Woman to be Crowned Miss USA.

Up Next: The 1985 Miss America Pageant and the 1986 Miss Canada Pageant
Followed by: The 1985 Miss Universe Pageant and the 1985 Miss World Pageant

1985 IN PAGEANTRY (PART 2)

Miss Universe 1985: Held July 15th from the Miami Convention Center in Miami, FL as CBS broadcasted event along with Rhythm Radio, while CTV airs the event in front of a Canadian Audience as 79 Contestants Competed for the Crown of Miss Universe 1985 as they perform on Vocals for the Opening Number Song "New Attitude" which was sung by Patti Labelle alongside the Band of the Hour (in which they made it to #1 last year with "All Night Long" in the month of July)

However Miss Canada 1985 Karen Tilley and Miss USA 1985 Laura Harring are fighting for the Miss Universe Crown however they made it past the prelims to qualify as the Semifinalists in this years pageant along with Puerto Rico's Deborah Carthy-Deu and Venezuela's Silvia Martinez

After Spain's Teresa Lopez took a Clean Sweep in the Televised Interview and Swimsuit Competition, The Halftime Production Number went off as Clint Holmes joined the 1985 Miss Universe Contestants with "Spies in the Night" in which they went #1 for 6 Weeks in the Rhythm Radio Charts before the Flight Crew went Fly By Night at #1 with "I Can Fly" in late August.

However The Adult Miss Universe Contestants stepped aside for the Little Sisters of Miami as the Semi-Finalists walked the Runway in the Evening Gown Competition.
Puerto Rico's Deborah Carthy-Deu after finishing 5th in the Interview and 4th in the Swimsuit Competition in the Semi-Finals, She Finally Hit the Top in The Evening Gown which Secured to qualify for the Top 5 along with Spain's Teresa Lopez, Chile's Claudia Pedregal, Venezuela's Silvia Martinez and Uruguay's Andrea Lopez.

At The Conclusion of Tonight's Live Telecast in Miami, Puerto Rico's Deborah Carthy-Deu won the Title.

UP NEXT: The 1986 Miss America Pageant
FOLLOWED BY: The 1986 Miss Canada Pageant, The 1985 Miss World Pageant, Supermodel of the World and a Preview of the 1986 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Season.

1985 IN PAGEANTRY (PART 3)

Miss America 1986: Held on September 14, 1985 when it broadcasted on NBC TV and Radio Networks on September 14, 1985 and is the first pageant to be broadcast in Full Stereo Sound hosted by Gary Collins (from Hour Magazine) in which he will perform with Kathie Lee Johnson, Doug Swander (who was on Star Search when it aired on FOX in which he was a Finalist on the Male Vocalist Category) and Dana Rogers (Miss Texas 1983)

However the Selection Committe in which they select the new Miss America since the First Day of Prelims included Marian McKnight (Miss America 1957), Chris Schenkel (The PBA Tour on ABC), Jerome Hines (Opera Singer for more than 40 Years), John Zerbe (Former President of the National Association of the Miss America State Pageants) & Cicely Tyson (Chairman of UNICEF)

Prior to the Swimsuit Competition, Doug Swander performed a Remake of Glenn Frey's "The Heat is On" in which they went to make a Big Hit in the American Country Countdown Charts in the Fall of '85 as well as the Rhythm Radio Countdown but failed to make it to the Top 5 although it became the Rally Song to the 1985 Cincinnati Bengals in which they lost in the NFL Chamionship Game at Riverfront Stadium (in which the Bengals played their Championship Game that year)

Then Prior to the Talent Competition, Dana Rogers performed a Remake of Patti Labelle's New Attitude however it Made it to the Rhythm Radio Charts in late fall but they are now in the Top 10 by the end of 1985 and could enter the Top Spot later on 1986.

And After the Talent Competition is Over: Gary Collins performed a Salute to the Songs of Lionel Richie called the "Riches of Richie" with Kathie Lee-Johnson, Dana Rogers and Doug Swander and that occured before the Evening Gown Competition

However the Pageant ended with Mississippi's Susan Akin winning the Crown

Miss Canada 1986: Held October 28, 1985 from the CTV Television Studios in Toronto, ON and broadcasted only to listeners in the United States on Rhythm Radio and broadcasted to viewers in Canada (as well as US Neighbors from the Border) on CTV as 42 Contestants performed the Opening Number in Black Leotards and Tuxedos in which they sing if they can be the New Miss Canada but later on a Special Troupe which consists of Several Miss USA Contestants who competed in the 1985 Contest along with some who went on compete in the 1986 Miss USA Pageant as well as the 1987 and Future Miss Canada Pageants in White Leotards and Tuxedos which included Miss USA 1985 Laura Harring who is from Texas and the new Miss Texas USA for 1986 Christy Fichtner and Former New Mickey Mouse Club Mouseketter Kelly Parsons who will represent California in the 1986 Miss USA Pageant as they were joined by Miss Canada 1985 Karen Tilley also in a White Leotard and Tuxedo. (ITTL Note: 6 Male Dancers in which in they sing and dance in the Opening Number alongside Karen Tilley in a Green Evening Gown were butterflied away from this TL)

However Jim Perry hosted the Pageant but in the end Interior of BC's Rene Newhouse is crowned Miss Canada 1986.

UP NEXT: The 1985 Miss World Pageant & Supermodel of the World for 1986
FOLLOWED BY: A Sneak Peak in the 1986 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Season

1985 (& 1986) IN PAGEANTRY (PART 4)

Miss World 1985: Took Place on November 14, 1985 when it aired on ITV in the United Kingdom but aired on FOX two weeks later on November 28, 1985 in the United States in anticipation for FOX to take over the rights to the Miss Universe Organization in 1987, However The Pageant is hosted by Peter Marshall and Anne Diamond while the US Airings will be joined by John Davidson.

However the Pageant was won by Holmfriour Karlsdottir from Iceland while the First Runner-Up in the 1985 Miss USA Pageant, Brenda Denton came home 3rd.

Supermodel of the World 1986: On January 13, 1986, FOX broadcasted this event as the New Supermodel of the World will be named hosted by Ben Vereen (who will host a New Spin-Off of Star Search for Songwriters, More Details later in the TL) however the event took place at the Aquarius Theater (in which FOX also tapes another show called Star Search hosted by John Schneider)

The Event was Co-Hosted by Robin Leach (From FOX's Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous) along with Tony Danza (from Who's The Boss?) however 22 Contenders from Around the World which included Melanie Marquez from the Philippines who was crowned Miss International 1979 competing for the title however a 23rd Contender is reserved for the United States Representative on a Telephone Vote with the winner going to Molly Fitch in which she will represent the United States for the 2nd half of this broadcast which started at 9PM, However with Fitch and Marques finished in the Top 6 while Canada's Monika Schnarre won the Supermodel of the World Title for this year.

UP NEXT: A Sneak Peak in the 1986 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Season followed by The First Weeks of the 1986 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Season.

Last edited:
WHO'S WHO IN 1986 FOR THE NASCAR COCA-COLA CUP SERIES

#02 Mark Martin - Lone Star Peterbilt Ford
#1 Sterling Marlin - Bullseye BBQ Sauce Chevrolet
#2 Butch Lindley - Spectrum Furniture Pontiac
#3 Dale Earnhardt - Wrangler Chevrolet
#4 Rick Wilson - Kodak Film Oldsmobile
#5 Geoff Bodine - Levi Garrett Chevrolet (Rusty Wallace left for Blue Max Racing as Geoff Bodine took the job for Rick Hendrick)
#6 DK Ulrich - US Racing Chevrolet
#7 Kyle Petty - 7-Eleven Ford
#8 Bobby Hillin, Jr. - Miller American Buick
#9 Bill Elliott - Coor's/Melling Ford
#10 Luz Radcliff - TRW Chevrolet (Greg Sacks is still racing in the Busch Series ITTL)
#11 Darrell Waltrip - Budweiser Chevrolet
#12 Neil Bonnett - Budweiser Chevrolet
#14 AJ Foyt - Copenhagen Oldsmobile
#15 Ricky Rudd - Motorcraft Ford
#17 Phil Parsons - Skoal Oldsmobile
#18 Tommy Ellis - Freedlander Financial Chevrolet
#21 Larry Pearson/David Pearson - Chattanooga Chew Chevrolet
#22 Cale Yarborough - Miller High Life Buick
#23 Michael Waltrip - Hawaiian Punch Pontiac
#25 Tim Richmond - Folgers Chevrolet (Richmond Surrendered Blue Max Racing to Rick Hendrick & TG Shepherd's own team)
#26 Joe Ruttman - Quaker State Buick
#27 Rusty Wallace - Alugard Pontiac
#28 Bobby Allison - Hardee's Ford
#33 Harry Gant - Skoal Chevrolet
#35 Alan Kulwicki - Quincy's Steakhouse Ford
#43 Richard Petty - STP Pontiac
#44 Terry Labonte - Piedmont Airlines Oldsmobile
#47 Ron Bouchard - Race Hill Farm Buick (Ron Bouchard's time at Curb Racing is Butterflied Away ITTL)
#52 Jimmy Means - Broadway Motors Chevrolet
#55 Benny Parsons - Copenhagen Chevrolet
#57 Kirk Bryant - Nationwise Auto Parts Pontiac
#64 Pancho Carter - K-Care/Sunny King Ford
#67 Buddy Arrington - Pannill Sweatshirts Ford
#70 JD McDuffie - Rumple Furniture Pontiac
#71 Dave Marcis - Helen Rae Special Pontiac
#75 Jody Ridley - Nationwise Auto Parts Pontiac
#77 Ken Ragan - McCord Gaskets Ford
#81 Chet Fillip - Circle Bar Truck Corral Ford
#88 Buddy Baker - Crisco Oldsmobile
#89 Jim Sauter - Evinrude Outboards Pontiac
#90 Ken Schrader - Red Baron Frozen Pizza Ford
#94 Eddie Bierschwale - Kodiak Pontiac
#95 Davey Allison - Sadler Racing Chevrolet
#98 Morgan Shepherd - Valvoline Pontiac

THE 1986 NASCAR COCA-COLA CUP SERIES SCHEDULE

February 9 - Coca-Cola Kickoff 500 (Ontario Motor Speedway - Ontario, CA) - FOX
February 16 - Daytona 500 (Daytona International Speedway - Daytona, FL) - FOX
February 23 - Miller High Life 400 (Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway - Richmond, VA) - TBS
March 2 - Goodwrench 500 (North Carolina Motor Speedway - Rockingham, NC) - TriNet
March 16 - Motorcraft 500 (Atlanta International Raceway - Hampton, GA) - TBS
March 30 - Valleydale 500 (Bristol International Speedway - Bristol, TN) - ESPN
April 5 - Coors 420 (Nashville Speedway - Nashville, TN) - TriNet
April 13 - TranSouth 500 (Darlington Raceway - Darlington, SC) - ESPN
April 20 - First Union 400 (North Wilkesboro Speedway - North Wilkesboro, NC) - ESPN
April 27 - Sovran Bank 500 (Martinsville Speedway - Ridgeway, VA) - TriNet
May 4 - Sprite 500 (Alabama International Motor Speedway - Talladega, AL) - ESPN
May 11 - The Coca-Cola All-Star Race (Dover Downs International Speedway - Dover, DE) - FOX (EXHIBITION)
May 18 - Mason-Dixon 400 (Dover Downs International Speedway - Dover, DE) - FOX
May 25 - World 600 (Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, NC) - TriNet
June 1 - Budweiser 400 (Riverside International Raceway - Riverside, CA) - TriNet
June 8 - Golden Gate 300 (Sears Point International Raceway - Sonoma, CA) - FOX
June 15 - Starbucks Coffee 300 (Seattle Motorsports Complex - Seattle, WA) - TriNet
June 29 - Sears 300 (Lakeshore Raceway - Chicago, IL) - TriNet
July 6 - Champion Spark Plug 250 (Road America - Elkhart Lake, WI) - FOX
July 13 - Michigan 400 (Michigan International Speedway - Brooklyn, MI) - ESPN
July 20 - Goodyear Ohio Grand Prix (Burke Lakefront Airport - Cleveland, OH) - FOX
July 27 - Van Scoy Diamond Mine 400 (Pocono Raceway - Long Pond, PA) - FOX
August 10 - Talladega 500 (Alabama International Motor Speedway - Talladega, AL) - FOX
August 17 - Busch Volunteer 500 (Bristol International Speedway - Bristol, TN) - ESPN
August 23 - Diet Coke 400 (Daytona International Speedway - Daytona, FL) - FOX

NASCAR COCA-COLA CUP SERIES CHASE FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP

ROUND OF 16
August 31 - Southern 500 (Darlington Raceway - Darlington, SC) - ESPN
September 7 - Wrangler Jeans Indigo 400 (Richmond Fairgrounds Raceway - Richmond, VA) - TriNet
September 14 - Delaware 400 (Dover Downs International Speedway - Dover, DE - FOX

ROUND OF 12
September 21 - Goody's 500 (Martinsville Speedway - Ridgeway, VA) - TriNet
September 28 - Holly Farms 400 (North Wilkesboro Speedway - North Wilkesboro, NC) - ESPN
October 5 - Rhythm Radio Roval 400 (Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL - Concord, NC) - TBS

ROUND OF 8
October 12 - Texaco 400 (Texas World Speedway - College Station, TX) - ESPN
October 19 - Phoenix 500 (Phoenix International Raceway - Avondale, AZ) - TBS
October 26 - Las Vegas Hilton 400 (Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Las Vegas, NV) - TriNet

CHAMPIONSHIP 4
November 2 - Coca-Cola Championship Grand Prix (Riverside International Raceway - Riverside, CA) - FOX

UP NEXT: What's Up for TV in NASCAR

Last edited:
1986 NASCAR ON TV PREVIEW

FOX: Tom Bahler went to work for a New NASCAR on FOX Theme before he will prep in to expand his resume as FOX will get the Rights to the Miss Universe Organization telecasts for 1987 in which he will be the new Music Director in the Meantime they decided to let the HartBreakers from Hart High School in Newhall, CA with Captains and Lead Vocalists Justine Cubbage, Julie Clark, Jennifer Harris and Brenda Harper leading this 35 Person Squad to perform a song that was sung by Vickie Sue Robinson called "Turn the Beat Around"

Broadcast Personnel:
Announcers: Ken Squier, David Hobbs, Ned Jarrett, Dick Brooks, Steve Grad
Pit reporters: Chris Economaki, Mike Joy, Mark Garrow, Glenn Jarrett
Number of Races Broadcasted: 8 Regular Season Events, The Playoff Race from Dover Downs and the Season Finale from Riverside, The Coca-Cola Clash from OMS and the All-Star Race from Dover

ESPN: The 1985 Re-Recording of 18th Avenue by John Colby is still in use but there will be a new intro created by Cranston/Csuri Productions, Inc. for Auto Racing '86 including our NASCAR Coverage.
Announcers: Bob Jenkins, Larry Nuber, Benny Parsons (Some Races only)
Pit reporter: Jack Arute, Dick Berggren
Number of Races Broadcasted: 9 Regular Season Contests

TBS: Although they started using the Motorweek Productions Theme for our Auto Racing Coverage since the 1985 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Playoffs it will be carried over to 1986
Host: Dave Despain
Announcers: Ken Squier, Benny Parsons
Pit reporters: Jerry Garrett, Chris Economaki
MotorWeek News: Bob Varsha
Number of Races Broadcasted: 2 Regular Season Contests, 2 Playoff Races

TriNet: TriNet added a New Theme and New Opening Graphics for the NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Coverage for 1986 which turned out to be the 1986 SETN Auto Racing Intro (and Theme Music) from OTL.
Broadcast Personnel: Mike Hogewood, Dr. Jerry Punch, Eli Gold
Pit Reporters: Dick Berggren, Steve Martin, Mike Joy
Number of Races Broadcasted: 7 Regular Season Contests, 3 Playoff Races

UP NEXT: Whatever is Left from 1985 to 1986
FOLLOWED BY: Recapping the First Weeks of the 1986 NASCAR Coca-Cola Cup Series Season

Last edited:
WHATEVER IS LEFT FROM 1985 TO 1986 (PART 1)

Solid Gold (FOX) starts It's Sixth Season with Dionne Warwick returning as host for the First Time since Season #1 after Rick Dees hosted Season 5 (from 1984 to 1985), in addition Johnny Mathis is the Co-Host for the Season Premiere and the First Time Ever, Despite of FOX Taking Over the Miss Universe Organization telecast rights beginning in 1987, Not only this show is now broadcasted for the First Time in Stereo but also The Solid Gold Dancers are now going All-Female PERMANENTLY as Cooley Jackson and Mark Sellers were laid off after Season 5 had ended and Darcel Wynne was brought back after taking Most of Season 5 off along with Newcomer Eileen Fairbanks but kept Beverly Jeanne, Gayle Crofoot, Jamilah Lucas, Janeen Best, Lezlie Mogell, Nicole Romine and Pam Rossi in which they returned from Last Season.

However Midway In the 85-86 Season: Solid Gold is expanding their All-Female Dance Troupe to 10 by adding several tryout dancers for the remainder of the Season among the list who appeared as guest dancers to the expansion include Leslie Cook who would later join the Dance Troupe for Season 7 and Cheryl Yamaguchi who went on to be One of the Members for Sweet Dreams on Dancin' To the Hits when it aired on TriNet in September 1986.

However CBS cancelled Charles in Charge after One Season however TriNet could be picking up Season 2 of that show which starred Scott Baio and will not air new episodes until January 1987.

As for NBC, Mama's Family will not return for a 3rd Season but FOX may pick it up and will starting airing a 3rd Season in September 1986, However FOX is expected to add a New Sitcom created by Michael G. Moye and Ron Leavitt which will debut later in the '86-'87 Season.

As for the Game Show Side, JM Productions decided to put a Daytime Game Show to replace the Game Show Family Feud which ran after 8 Seasons hosted by Richard Dawson on ABC for a New Show called Finders Keepers
However the Show is Hosted by Ni-Fi with his Sidekick Co-Host Sci-Fi (played by Christopher Kreisa from the Video Game which ran on Syndication which was produced by JM Productions) and announced by Kevin McMahon (from another JM Productions show called Starcade which aired on TBS and on Syndication) as Two teams of two (one orange, the other yellow and one in the studio who is the navigator and one somewhere in the country who is the runner) compete in a race to find hidden treasures for valuable prizes and the Team with the Most Value in Prizes gets a chance to play for a Cash Jackpot which starts at $5,000 and increases $500 if not won, however there were No Returning Champions in the show, Two New Teams compete in each episode.

However the Finders Keepers aired at 11:00 AM ET as a lead in to All-Star Blitz which debuted on April 8th, 1985 and was hosted by Peter Marshall and Produced by Merrill Heatter.

However The Show was cancelled on January 3rd, 1986 and is replaced on January 6th, 1986 with a New Game Show from Reg Grundy called Hot Streak hosted by British Television Personality Bruce Forsyth (who also hosted Play Your Cards Right on ITV in the United Kingdom)

Also on that January 6, 1986: CBS revived Card Sharks with Host Bob Eubanks (who also hosted the Syndicated Revival of The New Newlywed Game which debuted in September 1985) and is taped at Television City in Hollywood

Last edited:
WHATEVER IS LEFT FROM 1985 TO 1986 (PART 2)

FOX has Renewed the Daytime Soap Opera Rituals until the 1987 Season and plans to add a New Daytime Soap which will debut later this year.

Trinet has renewed Puttin' On The Hits and a New Musical Sketch Comedy Show called FTV hosted by Don Felder

In Addition: TriNet Revived What's Happening as What's Happening Now which starred Ernest Thomas (as Raj Thomas) and Shirley Hemphill (as Shirley)

On The Syndication Side: Kline & Friends debuted a Game Show called Break The Bank hosted by Gene Rayburn which ran from September 16, 1985 to January 3, 1986 as two couples compete to win time to be used in the Prize Vault to collect Stunts for Valuable Prizes and a Chance to Break The Bank to win a Jackpot of Cash and Prizes and they can stay on until they win $75,000 in Cash and Prizes on their appearances in that show.

Then on January 6, 1986: Blair Entertainment picked up a new Syndicated Version of Press Your Luck as a Replacement for Break The Bank after CBS dropped it on January 3rd for Card Sharks with Bob Eubanks, However it will keep Peter Tomarken to host and Rod Roddy as the Announcer just like the Daytime Version however the CBS O&O's secured access are WCBS in New York, KCBS in Los Angeles, WBBM in Chicago, WCAU in Philadelphia, KPIX in San Francisco, WBZ in Boston along with KXTV in Sacramento, WHO in Des Moines, KSTP in Minneapolis, WJW in Cleveland, KCPQ in Seattle among others.

However Not Only Press Your Luck has left CBS for Syndication on January 6th, Bob Goen returned to Game Show Hosting after What's On Your Mind? just got cancelled as he hosted a New Game Show from Lorimar-Telepictures called Perfect Match however it aired on Several Stations that replaced the Cancelled Break The Bank with Gene Rayburn.

And on January 6, 1986, Lorimar-Telepictures added a New Game Show which offered a Top Prize of $1,000,000 called the $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime hosted by Jim Lange

And 20th Century FOX added a New Nighttime Version of the $25,000 Pyramid called the $100,000 Pyramid however Dick Clark hosted as the show debuted on September 9, 1985 with guests Vicki Lawrence and Brian Mitchell.

UP NEXT: Looking Back at the First NASCAR Cup Series Race Winners of 1986

Last edited:
FIRST SET OF RACE WINNERS OF THE NASCAR COCA-COLA CUP SERIES FOR 1986

Coca-Cola Kickoff 500 - Neil Bonnett
Daytona 500 - Sterling Marlin
Miller High Life 400 - Kyle Petty
Goodwrench 500 - JD McDuffie
Motorcraft 500 - Darrell Waltrip
Valleydale 500 - Morgan Shepherd
Coors 420 - Ricky Rudd
Transouth 500 - Kyle Petty

January 11, 1986
AT40: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (2nd Week)
ACC: "I Don't Mind the Thorns (If You're the Rose)" by Lee Greenwood (4th Week)
RRC: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (3rd Week)

January 18, 1986
AT40: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (3rd Week)
ACC: "Morning Desire" by Kenny Rogers
RRC: "Party All the Time" by Eddie Murphy (4th Week) (Doug Paul hosts while Michael Young hosted the last Miss Teen USA Pageant on CBS which will be detailed on a later post)

January 25, 1986
AT40: "Sancity Yourself" by Simple Minds
ACC: "Morning Desire" by Kenny Rogers (2nd Week)
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson

February 1, 1986
ACC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (2nd Week)

February 8, 1986
AT40: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (2nd Week)
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash (2nd Week)
RRC: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (3rd Week)

February 15, 1986
AT40: "What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson (3rd Week)
ACC: "Never Be You" by Rosanne Cash (3rd Week)
RRC: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (LV: Allison Holland & Angy Tobias) (For The First Time Ever, A College Choir Drill Squad hit #1 as the Memphis State Choir Poms revived a hit by Pat Benatar from five years ago and was played in many sporting events including Memphis State Tiger Basketball Games and was also shown in the 1986 College Choir Drill Championships which aired on ESPN as part of the National College Cheerleading Championships)

February 22, 1986
AT40: "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston
ACC: "Makin' Up for Lost Time (The Dallas Lovers' Song)" by Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris
RRC: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (2nd Week)

March 1, 1986
AT40: "How Will I Know" by Whitney Houston (2nd Week)
ACC: "Makin' Up for Lost Time (The Dallas Lovers' Song)" by Crystal Gayle and Gary Morris (2nd Week)
RRC: Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (3rd Week) (Henry Polic II who played Jerry Silver on the FOX TV Series Webster and was a judge in the 1986 Miss Teen USA Pageant which is the last pageant for CBS guest hosts the countdown)

March 8, 1986
AT40: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (The Popularity of this song by the Memphis Choir Poms was played at many NHL Hockey Contests including the Vancouver Canucks when they used it as a Goal Horn being set to the National Championship Winning Choir Drill Performance for that school)
ACC: "There's No Stopping Your Heart" by Marie Osmond
RRC: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (4th Week)

March 15, 1986
AT40: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (2nd Week)
ACC: "You Can Dream of Me" by Steve Warnier
RRC: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (5th Week)

March 22, 1986
AT40: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (3rd Week)
ACC: "You Can Dream of Me" by Steve Warnier (2nd Week)
RRC: "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" by the Memphis State Choir Poms (6th Week)

March 29, 1986
AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna
ACC: "What's a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (The Host of Star Search made it to #1 on the Billboard Country Charts unseating Steve Warnier's You Can Dream of Me after a 2 Week Run)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (And So Madonna unseated the Choir Pom Squad of Memphis State to get the new #1 in Rhythm Radio Charts and on Billboard Too!)

April 5, 1986
AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (2nd Week)
ACC: "What's a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (2nd Week) (But Rhythm Radio could be facing a Chance to Put to Host of Star Search into the Top 30 Countdown)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (2nd Week)

OTHER OTL AT40 HITS THAT WE'RE ON THE RHYTHM RADIO CHARTS ITTL

"Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
"These Dreams" by Heart
"Secret Lovers" by Atlantic Starr
"R.O.C.K. in the USA" by John "Cougar" Mellencamp
"Kiss" by Prince and the Revolution
"Sara" by Starship
"Let's Go All The Way" by Sly Fox
"Manic Monday" by The Bangles
"Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer
"Kyrie" by Mr. Mister
"Tender Love" by The Force MD's
"Living in America" by James Brown
"The Sweetest Taboo" by Sade
"Life in a Northern Town" by The Dream Academy
"Burning Heart" by Survivor
"That's What Friends are For" by Dionne & Friends
"A Love Bizarre" by Sheila E.
"I'm Your Man" by Wham
"Conga" by The Miami Sound Machine
"Say You, Say Me" by Lionel Richie
"Walk of Life" by Dire Straits
"I Miss You" by Klymaxx
"When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going" by Billy Ocean
"Small Town" by John "Cougar" Mellencamp
"Tonight She Comes" by The Cars
"Sidewalk Talk" by Jellybean

Next week's AT40/ACC/RRC listings:

AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (3rd Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (3rd Week)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (3rd Week)

AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (4th Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (4th Week)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (4th Week)

AT40: "Your Wildest Dreams" by The Moody Blues
ACC: "Cajun Moon" by Ricky Skaggs
RRC: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel

AT40: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
ACC: "Now and Forever (You and Me)" by Anne Murray
RRC: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel (2nd Week)

AT40: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel (2nd Week)
ACC: "Now and Forever (You and Me)" by Anne Murray (2nd Week)
RRC: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel (3rd Week)

AT40: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel (3rd Week)
ACC: "Ain't Misbehavin'" by Hank Williams Jr.
RRC: "Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel (4th Week)

AT40: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis
ACC: "Tomb of the Unknown Love" by Kenny Rogers
RRC: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis

AT40: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis (2nd Week)
ACC: "Tomb of the Unknown Love" by Kenny Rogers (2nd Week)
RRC: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis (2nd Week)

AT40: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis (3rd Week)
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire
RRC: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis (3rd Week)

AT40: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire (2nd Week)
RRC: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna

AT40: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna (2nd Week)
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire (3rd Week)
RRC: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna (2nd Week)

ACC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham!
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters
RRC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham!

ACC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham! (2nd Week)
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters (2nd Week)
RRC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham! (2nd Week)

RECAPPING THE 1986 MLB SEASON

NOTABLE PLAYERS TO WATCH IN 1986

Baltimore Orioles - Warren Newson (CF)
Boston Red Sox - Dwight Gooden (SP)
Brooklyn Dodgers - Carlos Rodriguez (SP)
Chicago Cubs - Ty Van Burkleo (CF)
Houston Astros - Mark Grant (SP), Miguel Medina (SP)
New York Yankees - Dave Cochrane (C)
Oakland Acorns - Pete Incaviglia (LF)
Oklahoma City Twisters - Barry Bonds (RF), Kal Daniels (LF), Chili Davis (C)
Philadelphia Phillies - Pedro Torres (SP)
St. Louis Cardinals - Jim Presley (SS)
San Diego Padres - Kevin Brown (SP)
San Francisco Seals - Jose Rijo (SP)
Tampa Bay Rays - Chris Bosio (SP)
Toronto Blue Jays - Bruce Ruffin (SP)

FINAL STANDINGS

AL East: New York Yankees (103-59), Boston Red Sox (89-73), Washington Senators (85-77), Baltimore Orioles (79-83), Montreal Expos (70-92), London Knights (52-110)
AL North: Detroit Tigers (112-50), Cleveland Guardians (93-69), Chicago Blazers (92-70), St. Louis Cardinals (92-70), Des Moines Dragons (91-71), Milwaukee Brewers (71-91)
AL South: Dallas Spurs (100-62), Miami Gators (96-66), Oklahoma City Twisters (88-74), San Antonio Rebeldes (62-100), Orlando Wizards (54-108), Mexico City Diablos (53-109)
AL West: Los Angeles Angels (89-74), Arizona Diamondbacks (88-75), Portland Beavers (80-82), Oakland Acorns (77-85), Seattle Mariners (73-89), Sacramento Solons (56-106)
NL East: Brooklyn Dodgers (103-59), Philadelphia Phillies (101-61), New York Giants (91-71), Toronto Blue Jays (86-76), Barcelona Toros (73-89), Pittsburgh Pirates (68-94)
NL North: Minnesota Twins (101-61), Indianapolis Rounders (91-71), Cincinnati Reds (91-71), Chicago Cubs (87-75), Green Bay Truckers (85-77), Kansas City Royals (83-79)
NL South: Birmingham Barons (94-68), Houston Astros (83-79), Atlanta Braves (69-93), Tampa Bay Rays (68-94), New Orleans Crescents (67-95), Austin Violets (63-99)
NL West: San Diego Padres (83-79), San Francisco Seals (80-82), Vancouver Cascades (73-89), Los Angeles Palms (72-90), Denver Rockies (71-91), Calgary Rams (61-101)

PLAYOFFS

ALDS: Detroit def. LA Angels 4-2, Dallas def. NY Yankees 4-3
NLDS: Brooklyn def. San Diego 4-1, Minnesota def. Birmingham 4-0
ALCS: Dallas def. Detorit 4-0
NLCS: Brooklyn def. Minnesota 4-2
WS: Brooklyn def. Dallas 4-0 (And so Donald Trump has won a World Series thanks to his Success of Project Brooklyn ITTL)

LEAGUE LEADERS

Batting Average - Bruce Fields (Des Moines) .367
Home Runs - Kal Daniels (Oklahoma City) 48
RBI - Kal Daniels (Oklahoma City) 161
Stolen Bases - John Calgelosi (San Diego) 64
OBP + Slugging % - Chili Davis (Oklahoma City) 1.121
ERA - Jeff Pridgeon (Birmingham) 1.99
Wins - Robert Brown (Detroit) 26
Strikeouts - Jose Rijo (San Francisco) 284

Last edited:
ANYTHING ELSE THAT HAPPENED DURING 1986 BY CROWNING BIG WINNERS!

$ale of the Century (Syndicated Version) - With the Cash Jackpot being carried over to the Winners Board, Curtis Warren has a shot at winning the $96,000 Cash Jackpot after clearing the winners board by knocking all out all 10 prizes however the Jackpot Starts at $50,000 and increases $2,000 whenever a New Champion is Dethroned however On January 21, 1986 Curtis went all the way after risking whatever he won the Winners Board anded up winning the $96,000 Cash Jackpot and left home with Cash and Prizes totaling with $182,288

Then on March 10, 1986: Lisa Munoz won a Cash Jackpot of $66,000 after risking all the Ten Prizes in the Winners Board and left with $138,551

(Actually IOTL: Both Contestants won the $50,000 Cash Bonus for Claiming the Winners Board, However the Jackpot was Discontinued to herald the Bonus Round Change from Shopping to Winners Board with the Cash Bonus for winning the Bonus Round is a Flat $50,000)

On The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime: The Show Crowned It's First 3 Million Dollar Winners

The First One Occured on February 3, 1986: When Michael and Andrea Foster became the First Million Dollars with the Category being Olympic Sports

Then on February 12, 1986: After Letting the Rutenbar Family won the $10,000 Prize on Family Feud back in 1979, Steve & Connie Rutenbar took a stab and became the 2nd Million Dollar Winning Couple with the Category Olympic Cities however the first thing they do they will go on a Cruise they will go have a Front Row Seat at an LA Stars Home Game with Jack Nicholson at the Forum.

ITTL Note: The Los Angeles Stars still exist in the NBA, Although the Minneapolis Lakers didn't move to LA ITTL.

And On February 21, 1986 (although we Butterflied Kim & George's Million Dollar Win ITTL): Vince & Sarah Abbott became the 3rd Couple to win the Million Dollars with the Category Cookies and it was the First Time that Fireworks Were Shot on the Set however with that Million Dollar Win he will start becoming Part-Owner of a Pro Football Team in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area.

UP NEXT: Looking Back at the Next Set of Race Winners in NASCAR + #1's On The Radio

Last edited:
NEXT SET OF RACE WINNERS IN THE NASCAR CUP SERIES

First Union 400 - Terry Labonte
Sovran Bank 500 - Joe Ruttman
Sprite 500 - Pancho Carter
Mason-Dixon 400 - Harry Gant
World 600 - Phil Parsons
Budweiser 400 - Lake Speed
Golden Gate 300 - Ricky Rudd
Starbucks Coffee 300 - Lake Speed

#1's on AT40, American Country Countdown and Rhythm Radio

April 12, 1986
AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (3rd Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (3rd Week)
RRC: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (3rd Week) (Announcer for The All-New Let's Make a Deal, Dean Goss guest hosts)

April 19, 1986
AT40: "Live to Tell" by Madonna (4th Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (4th Week)
RRC: "Turn The Beat Around" by The Hart Hartbreakers (The Theme Music for NASCAR on FOX for 1986 made it to #1 on the Rhythm Radio Charts)

April 26, 1986
AT40: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (5th Week)
RRC: "Turn The Beat Around" by The Hart Hartbreakers (2nd Week)

May 3, 1986
AT40: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (2nd Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (6th Week)
RRC: "Turn The Beat Around" by The Hart Hartbreakers (3rd Week)

May 10, 1986
AT40: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (3rd Week)
ACC: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (7th Week)
RRC: "Turn The Beat Around" by The Hart Hartbreakers (4th Week)

May 17, 1986
AT40: "What a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" by John Schneider (4th Week despite he performed on The Star Search Alumni Special when it aired on May 17th on FOX)
ACC: "Ain't Misbehavin'" by Hank Williams Jr.
RRC: "Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston

May 24, 1986
AT40: "Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston (2nd Week)
ACC: "Tomb of the Unknown Love" by Kenny Rogers
RRC: "Greatest Love of All" by Whitney Houston (2nd Week)

May 31, 1986
AT40: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis
ACC: "Tomb of the Unknown Love" by Kenny Rogers (2nd Week)
RRC: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz

June 7, 1986
AT40: "Invisible Touch" by Genesis (2nd Week)
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire
RRC: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz (2nd Week)

June 14, 1986
AT40: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna (Charlie Van Dyke Guest Hosts)
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire (2nd Week)
RRC: "I Can't Wait" by Nu Shooz (3rd Week)

June 21, 1986
AT40: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna (2nd Week)
ACC: "Whoever's in New England" by Reba McEntire (3rd Week)
RRC: "Papa Don't Preach" by Madonna (Mike Rossi from TriNet's Dancin' On Air Guest Hosts)

June 28, 1986
ACC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham!
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters
RRC: "Crush On You" by The Jets

July 5, 1986
ACC: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham! (2nd Week)
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters (2nd Week)
RRC: "Who's Johnny (Theme from "Short Circuit") by El DeBarge (2nd Week)

OTHER OTL AT40 SONGS THAT WERE HITS ON THE RRC ITTL

"On My Own" by Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald
"There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)" by Billy Ocean
"No One Is To Blame" by Howard Jones
"A Different Corner" by George Michael
"Nasty" by Janet Jackson
"Sledgehammer" by Peter Gabriel
"Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins
"If You Leave" by OMD
"All I Need is a Miracle" by Mike & The Mechanics
"Something About You" by Level 42
"Is It Love" by Mr. Mister
"What Have You Done for Me Lately" by Janet Jackson
"Move Away" by Culture Club
"West End Girls" by The Pet Shop Boys
"Bad Boy" by Miami Sound Machine
"Take Me Home" by Phil Collins
"Kiss" by Prince & The Revolution
"Addicted to Love" by Robert Palmer
"Manic Monday" by The Bangles
"Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco
"Your Love" by The Outfield
"Let's Go All The Way" by Sly Fox
"I Think It's Love" by Jermaine Jackson
"Tender Love" by Force M.D.'s

What about next week's AT40/ACC/RRC:

AT40: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham! (3rd Week)
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters (3rd Week)
RRC: "Who's Johnny (Theme from "Short Circuit") by El DeBarge (3rd Week)

AT40: "The Edge of Heaven" by Wham! (4th Week)
ACC: "Mama's Never Seen Those Eyes" by The Foresister Sisters (4th Week)
RRC: "Who's Johnny (Theme from "Short Circuit") by El DeBarge (4th Week)

AT40: "Dancing on the Ceiling" by Lionel Richie
ACC: "On the Other Hand" by Randy Travis
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants

AT40: "Dancing on the Ceiling" by Lionel Richie (2nd Week)
ACC: "On the Other Hand" by Randy Travis (2nd Week)
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants (2nd Week)

AT40: "When I Think of You" by Janet Jackson
ACC: "Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain" by The Judds
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants (3rd Week)

AT40: "When I Think of You" by Janet Jackson (2nd Week)
ACC: "Rockin' with the Rhythm of the Rain" by The Judds (2nd Week)
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants (4th Week)

AT40: "Cry Tough" by Poison
ACC: "You're the Last Thing I Needed Tonight" by John Schneider
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants (5th Week)

AT40: "Cry Tough" by Poison (2nd Week)
ACC: "Strong Heart" by T.G. Sheppard
RRC: "Join Our Fantasy" by the Miss Universe 1986 Contestants (6th Week)

AT40: "Dear God" by XTC
ACC: "Heartbeat in the Darkness" by Don Williams
RRC: "Take Me Home Tonight" by Eddie Money

AT40: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner
ACC: "Desperado Love" by Conway Twitty
RRC: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner

AT40: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (2nd Week)
ACC: "Little Rock" by Reba McEntire
RRC: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (2nd Week)

AT40: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (3rd Week)
ACC: "Little Rock" by Reba McEntire (2nd Week)
RRC: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (3rd Week)

AT40: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (4th Week)
ACC: "Little Rock" by Reba McEntire (3rd Week)
RRC: "Typical Male" by Tina Turner (4th Week)