Klein-Venedig

Valdemar II

Banned
How could Klein-Venedig survive as a Colony? I was thinking instead of going back to the Spanish autorities in 1541, Austria take over and create a Austrian colony company (Austrian Westindian Company), with all the confiscated territories.

Susano

Banned
WHy should SPain cede land to Austria? Under the Welsers, Klein-Venedig after all still was Spanish, just ruled by a licensed company...

Valdemar II

Banned
WHy should SPain cede land to Austria? Under the Welsers, Klein-Venedig after all still was Spanish, just ruled by a licensed company...

Hard one, do you have a suggestion how? I know little about Klein-Venedigs history and was just interested in how we could make it survive.

Susano

Banned
Well, the Welsers got screwed big time by Spain. I had an idea once that the area becomes really, really not intersting to Spain. A plague some year sbefor ethe weslers arriev and stuff, maybe. Hence, greedy Spaniards wont break the treaty and wont steal the land back. Or at least not the first years, which allows Klein-Venedig to consolidate itself. If the Spanish try to retake the land later on, maybe the Welsers can appeal to Fraench or British aid, whoever is the enemy of Spain at that time. Thus, Klein-Venedig becoems an independant state (Hm, Kingdom of Little Venice?) unter French or British Protection...