Kentucky Fried Politics: A Colonel Sanders Timeline

One thing I’ve thought about this timeline: because of the earlier end to Vietnam, the music of the late 60’s and early 70’s will look a lot different, thanks to many of the Vietnam protest songs from OTL presumably being butterflied away. As far as some bands, like CCR, go - do they even get off the ground in this timeline?
And this is my one consternation with the timeline in how much of pop culture is somehow the same as OTL (especially in sports). There would be a considerable domino effect in how culture shifts, especially in The Colonel being POTUS

And this is my one consternation with the timeline in how much of pop culture is somehow the same as OTL (especially in sports). There would be a considerable domino effect in how culture shifts, especially in The Colonel being POTUS
There are key differences: Hip Hop is considerably more light-hearted due to the Ioacca assassination, Terminator never comes into existence, Star Trek never goes into the movie business, there are at least 2 sequels to 2001: A Space Odessey, the list goes on.

There are key differences: Hip Hop is considerably more light-hearted due to the Ioacca assassination, Terminator never comes into existence, Star Trek never goes into the movie business, there are at least 2 sequels to 2001: A Space Odessey, the list goes on.
Also among the list is that Back to the Future sat on the back burner for several years and got released in 1988, leading to the Ronald Reagan joke being replaced by Doc not believing Jack Kemp was President.

And no Simpsons; Matt Groening is able to do a Life in Hell series and still keep the rights, then follows it up with a long-running Futurama series that runs from 1994 to 2022.

And no Simpsons; Matt Groening is able to do a Life in Hell series and still keep the rights, then follows it up with a long-running Futurama series that runs from 1994 to 2022.
Now THAT is one big difference! Alongside John K. being called out earlier in the 1980s and hence never being able to get Ren and Stimpy off of the ground.

Now THAT is one big difference! Alongside John K. being called out earlier in the 1980s and hence never being able to get Ren and Stimpy off of the ground.
Toy Story was also different, as there were three main characters instead of two, with Buzz essentially being split into two people (Tinny and Jerrie Parsec).

Facebook must know I read this timeline a bunch - one of the things that appeared on my feed recently was a link to a purchase page for a “Bob Ross Quotes Bundle”!

With the Kentucky governor election being tomorrow, here’s something I wonder: who’s running in that race in TTL’s 2023, and what are the OTL nominees (Andy Beshear and Daniel Cameron) up to ITTL?

So I was listening to an episode of the podcast, Terrible Book Club, where they discussed Tender Wings Of Desire. A romance novel put out by KFC on Mother's Day back in 2020, where the Colonel is depicted as the object of desire of a young woman and inexplicably made a sailor despite the fact that Colonel Sanders never was one. As hilarious as the whole thing is, one thought kept creeping into my head: this definitely doesn't exist in the world of this timeline.
1000009075.jpg

Here's the cover just so no one thinks I went insane and made that all up.

So I was listening to an episode of the podcast, Terrible Book Club, where they discussed Tender Wings Of Desire. A romance novel put out by KFC on Mother's Day back in 2020, where the Colonel is depicted as the object of desire of a young woman and inexplicably made a sailor despite the fact that Colonel Sanders never was one. As hilarious as the whole thing is, one thought kept creeping into my head: this definitely doesn't exist in the world of this timeline.
View attachment 871226
Sounds about right for modern OTL KFC, they also released a gaming console and romance movie too.

View attachment 871226
As funny as that is, I bet my better half will now get her hands on one just so she can display it in my privat Library, now that she has seen it too .... you know what I might actually get a laugh out of it any time I walk by this thing, even if it just would be the cover XD ^^

View attachment 871226

Sounds about right for modern OTL KFC, they also released a gaming console and romance movie too.

As funny as that is, I bet my better half will now get her hands on one just so she can display it in my privat Library, now that she has seen it too .... you know what I might actually get a laugh out of it any time I walk by this thing, even if it just would be the cover XD ^^

If any of you are interested, tou can read the whole thing at the link above. It took me all of one hour to finish. What thoroughly shocked me was that by the time I was done, I could unequivocally conclude that I had read much, much worse.

As a work of literature, it certainly isn't terribly constructed. Some people, however, might be disappointed by the fact that it is most assuredly not a work of satire. It is played completely straight, with no tongues planted in cheek whatsoever. But its principal failing, really, is that the Colonel being the KFC founder is very peripheral to the plot, and only really comes up in the closing stages of the story. You could replace him with some completely fictional character and the story would work just as well.

Henry Kissinger died yesterday. I only wish I could have lived in a world wear his legacy was as unimpactful as it was here.

Last edited: