Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Any chance we could have seen Jiddu Krishnamurti in a more prominent role than in our time line?

This is a timeline I did way back when I redid India for Kaiserreich for Darkest Hour. The current version of HoI4 is based (as far as I can tell, I don't own the game) on my old code. I haven't worked on KR for almost one and a half years.

As for Krishnamurti, I doubt it. Did you mean in a sort of political kind of way?

What about the RSS's founders IOTL? What role could they play in the KR-verse?

My personal opinion is that they would be small-time agitators against the Muslim princes in the Federation. The religious cleavage in KR India is way smaller than in OTL given the lack of a powerful Muslim League.

Common representation is largely denounced, although the civil service is left open for non-royals.

Don't judge it too harshly, it's almost three years old after all ;)

Last edited:
Wait, India used to be different? How so?

There used to be only three Indian factions (the Madras republic being the idea of a previous developer and an addition I initially disliked).

There were no/very limited domestic/foreign events. The minister files were absolutely horrible, being mostly vanilla leftovers supported by non-existing/non-influential ministers. Furthermore, since the BC used North Korea’s tag, they primarily had Korean leaders and army/division names.

Delhi’s domestic events were based on made up political parties and the idea that the Delhi Government was somehow still ruled by the British. Don’t even get me started on the Princely Federation... if you’re interested in the original lore, I think the wiki still contains it. I never got around to editing it.

Essentially, India was a very boring theatre to play, since most attention had been diverted to other more critical aspects of the mod. Had it been my own personal project, I might have done a completely different re-work, but out of respect for the first gen creators, I tried to keep the original spirit of the three-way split intact.

With a big fat line under the words “might have” I think that I first and foremost would have ditched the Federation out of plausibility concerns. There’s the catch that the majority of princely states were actually in the northwest. Besides that, the rulers of Hyderabad, Mysore and Travancore-Cochin were pretty loyal towards the Brits and not likely to back a nationalist/class based revolt against the Raj (IIRC support for the INC was at its lowest in the princely states).

Other than that I can think of minor border changes; Nepal wouldn’t be able to conquer, let alone hold such populous territories on the Gangetic plain, as they do in KR. I also have some trouble seeing Afghanistan realistically expanding its borders past the Durand line.

But then again. These issues are part of making KR India so interesting (IMHO) to play. The PF is my second most favourite Indian nation in KR, because of its special structure and lore, which is pretty much unique in the already incredible diverse and creative Kaiserreich universe.

(the Madras republic being the idea of a previous developer and an addition I initially disliked).

Oh, is it a republic? They ate the Princely States in my latest Sardinia run, and as I've never played PF, didn't quite know what their deal was in relation to the rest of the Federation.

The PF is my second most favourite Indian nation in KR, because of its special structure and lore, which is pretty much unique in the already incredible diverse and creative Kaiserreich universe.

Indeed. The element of zaniness mixed with what remains a grounded setting is what makes Kaiserreich stand out, especially considering how detailed it is.

Those are fair arguments, but I think that, like the existence of the UoB and Commune of France, and the relative weakness of the Midwestern US, the structure of India as-is is a necessary subordination of realism to making a fun game.

That said, changing the lore has been a big plus.

I don’t know if I’ve posted this here before, but it would be really nice if there were a way to get the Princely Federation to join Gandhi’s Indian unity government. I know it probably wouldn’t work because the PF’s politics are so different from Delhi’s or Bharatiya’s, but it’s sort of frustrating to me that Gandhi’s path talks such a big game about “a path to peace for India” and then you’re railroaded into going to war if you want to unite the subcontinent anyway.

Tbh I think a conquered India has major Balkanization potential, with the numerous Princely States and Ethnicities found within the sub-continent.

Damn that rework looks awesome.
Looks like Kalterkrieg can actually become a great mod. Only thing I have a problem with is Austria-Hungary rufflestomping everyone when they would just descend into civil war, but hey.
Also I feel like in every single mod, France and China get absolutely screwed, well turns out Kalterkrieg is the same...
However the PSA/AUS thing is pretty awesome, not gonna lie

Last edited:
Damn that rework looks awesome.
Looks like Kalterkrieg can actually become a great mod. Only thing I have a problem with is Austria-Hungary rufflestomping everyone when they would just descend into civil war, but hey.
Also I feel like in every single mod, France and China get absolutely screwed, well turns out Kalterkrieg is the same...
However the PSA/AUS thing is pretty awesome, not gonna lie

I'm guessing France is strong in Krasnacht, even if they've lost some of their vitality. Can I also just draw attention to how metal Krasnacht's logo is?

Krasnacht_Logo_Gold_Display.png

And its German report was unexpectedly very interesting for me.

Last edited:
Oh, is it a republic? They ate the Princely States in my latest Sardinia run, and as I've never played PF, didn't quite know what their deal was in relation to the rest of the Federation.

It was thought of by a contributor, whose name sadly escapes me, who coded a lot of starting code, added the tag to the game, and then disappeared. In DH, the Madras Republic is essentially an unfinished punching bag for the three big unifier nations. Structurally, it's more or less the rump Madras Presidency transformed into a Tamil republic with high levels of irredentism and national exceptionalism, trying to survive in the threatening shade of the Nizam's ambitions.