Izayoi_Alpha's (and hopefully others) attempt to expand Valkyria Chronicles' map

So for the past few months, I've been working on making a worlda map of Valkyria Chronicles which aimed to portray the entire world's landmass beyond Europa (the game's only setting, even though it also mentions other countries beyond Europa such as Vinland and "Far East" where the samurai guy from the third game came from). So far, this is what I came up with. I estimated the map is 50% complete, with Vinland (Not!America), Asia, part of Northern Nubia (Not!Africa), and Insulide (Not!Indonesian Archipelago) being realized here in the map alongside Europa. I plan to add more to Nubia.

VC new wip.png

I also need your help to complete this map, since I can't do it alone and if I did, it usually ended up terrible (looking at my attempts to make Islands and Archipelagos from scratch). Your help will be appreciated, of course!

bump again. This time with a content to post.

The entire map wasn't finished yet but here's my take on handling Valkyria Chronicles geopolitical map (that also will transplanted to the whole world map) including details so far revealed in the upcoming fourth game. It has shout-out from several media including a TL made by @chankljp .

Some details:
-Atlantic "Federation" is not actually a Federation, it's more of an alliance of democratic nations of Western Europan and North Vinlander nations
-HRE is HRE but bigger and Eurasia-sized
-Yes, the UK/Britain is called Edinburgh but individual island are named Dokkum (Not!British Island) and Delfziji (Not!Ireland)
-Union of Western Europan States (or UWES) is a "core" Atlantic Federation state
-Free Territory of Chernanov is like Ukraine under Nestor Makhno
-The Empire split Not!Sweden into three kingdoms after the latter tried to join the Federation in 1920
-Copena and Nordica is Not!Denmark and Not!Norway in personal union
-Alast is Not!Hungary. Unlike IOTL Hungary, Alast did not join with Styria

Other than that, I'll be happy to take some questions about this.
VC_europa_detail.png

Last edited:
Bumping again.
Here's what I plan for Post-EWII Europa (and later, the world). If you didn't notice already, I based this from both OTL and Fuhrerreich.

Some details:
-The Second Europan War officially ended in 1940 with the Empire signed a humiliating Treaty of Sedan, which the Autocratic Holy Rhenian Empire must be dissolved into several independent kingdoms, which includes Swabia, Taloska, and Great Styria.
-Previously in 1939, Tsardom of Novgarus is overthrown by Surprise Revolution started by Vadim Yeltsin. Making the Empire had to fight both war against foreign powers and internal rebellion, which drained Imperial treasuries even further and resulted in the massacre of the Royal Tsardom's family. After the Empire surrendered and seemed unable to helped the already decapitated Tsardom, Vadim Yeltsin proclaimed all the Novgarusian territories seized by the workers and peasants of will be turned into Union of East Europan Collectivist Republics. Today, UEECR have the largest standing army but are 5 years lagged behind with most of Western Powers in technology.
-After the Revolution in Novgarus, other Collectivist Revolution spreads across the former territory of East Europan Imperial Alliance. From this great revolution of 1940, several new collectivist nations emerged such as Free Republic of Styria and People's Republic of Alast, both soon sign a defensive treaty in order to "prevent capitalist Federation influence in Eastern Europa". National Commune of Samiland emerged from the very Swabianized Duchy of Sameland, unlike other Collectivists, NatCom Samiland are known to be racist against non-Samian (Not!Finnish) population and the first order of business is to expel every Swabian (especially the Royal Duchy family), Novgarusian, and other minorities such as Darcsen out of country in order to make a perfect "Sami-only Workers Paradise".
-The Federation emerged victorious in the war, taking few territories from the former Empire, they also helped overthrow Monarch in Fhirald and install the republic there. They also take some more territories from Karaman Empire after the latter briefly aligned themselves with the Empire in early 1938 and seized some of the Oil Field and Black Ragnite mining sites. The Federation also gave some land to the Mahrian Emirate as part of the deal after the latter helped Federation in the war against the Karamanese. Other thing the Federation did was to gave Namur and Zwolle their lost territories from the Empire prior to the First Europan War.
-The Kaiser of Swabian Empire are forced to abdicate after the defeat of East Europan Imperial Alliance. The Federated State of Swabia was established on behalf of Atlantic Federation, but the new state are forced to limit their army up to 20.000 men, having ship no larger than frigate in the navy, and had to pay fuckton of ducats every year to the countries the Imperial invaded during the war. In the early 1950s, a man named Adam Heltzer and his Valkyrum Party rose to power and become a Dictator of Swabia. He brandish himself the title "Der Erster" meaning "The First" in Swabian and ruled the country with an Iron Fist, starting with conducting pogrom against the Darcsen population. He also secretly rebuilding a military force that he promised one day will beat the Federation and Collective Republics and restore Swabia to its glory.

VC_europa_1955_detail.png

Last edited:
Will there be some sort of "Darcsen Zionism" resulting in not!Israel later on?

Darcsen Ethnic Nationalist do exist but it will be difficult for them to establish Not!Israel because Darcsens used to lived all over Europa prior to Valkyrur's arrival on the continent and nowadays (as in 1955) hardly any Europan would give their lands away to them. But it is also will depend on how the Third Europan War/Global War turn out.

September 9th Progress. The map is basically done but I am open for some refinement/criticism!

VC new map.png

And here's the map with some regional names in it.
VC new_details.png

After two weeks of work, I finally done it.

I present you: My Take on the geopolitical map of Valkyria Chronicles' "Earth"! Some nation names here are shout out to a VC scenario/TL written by @chankljp.
VC new political2.png

Version with Map Footnotes coming soon.
EDIT: Fixed the ice sheet on the North. I just realized recently.

Last edited:
You forget the Nordic Republic and Blue Roses, I assume the Nordic Republic would be Released/Liberated from the Imperials. Although this VC4 stuff... You might not have know them

I'm sorry I must completely missed that in the game. Also I made these maps long before the EN version of the game released so I need to check it out again.
Yeah, during the game you meet anti Imperial Rebel group known as the Blue Roses.

One of them you meet is a man named Mika, you figure out his reasons to fight is liberation of the Nord Republic which seem Conquest from the first European War due how due how deep in Imperial territory

So what's that dark red spot of land in Norther Siberia? Is it some sort of autonomous member state? An are under military occupation?

Also, as a bit of some constructive criticism, I'd make my greens a bit more contrasting with each other; even now, almost four to five months after stumbling across this thread, I still can't tell which country is Zwolle and which country is Emden.

P.S, please don't let this thread be dead; I love it to bits, and this may or may not be the most information outside of Europa we're gonna get, depending on whether or not SEGA wants to continue this series...

So what's that dark red spot of land in Norther Siberia? Is it some sort of autonomous member state? An are under military occupation?

Also, as a bit of some constructive criticism, I'd make my greens a bit more contrasting with each other; even now, almost four to five months after stumbling across this thread, I still can't tell which country is Zwolle and which country is Emden.

P.S, please don't let this thread be dead; I love it to bits, and this may or may not be the most information outside of Europa we're gonna get, depending on whether or not SEGA wants to continue this series...

The Dark Red are the Imperial Unincorporated Territories. Think of it like Alaska Pre-1959.

Also, I'm using SUCK Color Scheme on this map, specifically I'm using Portugal Green for Emden and Italian Kingdom Green for Zwolle.

And I'm intended to make this thread to be a collaborative one since I'm not confident with the result I made for this, but alas college and other stuff made me neglect this project (at least for now, but if you are interested in participating on refining this map -or possible remake this together-, you are very welcomed)

Hello, again! I'm sorry to bother you, but I have a couple more things to ask of you. You see, your maps, among other things, have inspired me to make my own Valkyria Chronicles AU. So:

* What program did you use to make your maps? I'm fresh to the map-making scene, so I'm not sure what to use. Just for reference, I use a MacBook.
* Can I use the maps here? I promise you that I'll credit you if I post my maps online.
* Can I use some of the country names here? I don't feel comfortable taking other people's ideas, even with their permission, but right now, I just need some filler names to help point me in the right direction, or even just some names to use; your names like "Yanche" and "New Avaland" sound much more original than most of the done-to-death alternate names like "Germania" and "Columbia".
* How did you come up with some of these names? They all sound so original, yet they actually fit pretty well for the region that they represent in the real world.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this, and I'd appreciate it even more if you responded. You'd be helping a burgeoning world builder a LOT with some advice and pointers.

Hello, again! I'm sorry to bother you, but I have a couple more things to ask of you. You see, your maps, among other things, have inspired me to make my own Valkyria Chronicles AU. So:

* What program did you use to make your maps? I'm fresh to the map-making scene, so I'm not sure what to use. Just for reference, I use a MacBook.
* Can I use the maps here? I promise you that I'll credit you if I post my maps online.
* Can I use some of the country names here? I don't feel comfortable taking other people's ideas, even with their permission, but right now, I just need some filler names to help point me in the right direction, or even just some names to use; your names like "Yanche" and "New Avaland" sound much more original than most of the done-to-death alternate names like "Germania" and "Columbia".
* How did you come up with some of these names? They all sound so original, yet they actually fit pretty well for the region that they represent in the real world.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this, and I'd appreciate it even more if you responded. You'd be helping a burgeoning world builder a LOT with some advice and pointers.

1. I mainly used Photoshop CS3 but I suggest you using GIMP instead. Roughly the same as Photoshop but it's free.
2. Feel free to use it! Hell feel free to improve it if you like to.
3. No problem. I myself also using some country names from another Valkyria Chronicles timeline/scenario made in this site (i.e; The Twilight of the Empire)
4. The ones that aren't from the official game's map itself are mostly shot in the dark and some are, like mentioned above, are taken from other Valkyria Timeline.