ISOT & SI AH (Published books only) List

Need a list of ISOT novels other than the one's mentioned here. Especially sea lion press books.
Time travel including SI, ISOT, etc are primary. There are too many Isekai to list other than Isekai ISOT.

Sea Lion Press AH:
ISOT:

Timewreck Titanic
Dislocated to Success series
The Sea Eagles series
Single Person TT:
Hurry Up Living series

Mass Time travel:
1632 series
The Alexander Inheritance (Queen of the Sea series)
The Emperor's Men 1: Arrival
Weapons of Choice (Axis of Time, #1)
Island in the Sea of Time (Nantucket, #1) (Warning: Heavy sexual violence done by villains. Personally don't recommend for the faint of heart like me)
A Ripple in Time by Victor Zugg

Time Travel SI:
An Extremely Reluctant Führer
Mitteleuropa - A Hapsburg Story: Rudolf will Reign
Cast in Time Series

Single Person or small group Time Travel:
Arthuro Sandus series
Lest Darkness Fall
Matt Miller in the Colonies #1Journeyman by Mark J. Rose (Warning: Heavy religion)

Mass Transportation to another World:
Into the Storm (Destroyermen, #1)
Rally Cry (Lost Regiment #1)
Summoning Japan (Light Novel Translation)

Portal to Another World:
GATE: Where the JSDF Fought

Games:
Kingmakers

Here is a list of WebNovels:

Last edited:
Polish-language only:

www.1939.com.pl

1703528437957.jpeg

A series first published in 2009 about a unit of the Polish army that gets sent back to 1939 to kill many Germans. They proceed to do so, but their total impact on the war is limited (Poland holds out for 3 months rather than 6 weeks, their GROM contingent manages to massively improve the effectiveness of the Home Army, the Warsaw Uprising ends up being a win...but the Soviets depose the free Polish government after the war anyway, so the broad flow of history is unchanged). Good book for its combat, but I wish it had used the alternate history setting more--some of the fun of this genre is big changes down the road.

Polish-language only:

www.1939.com.pl

View attachment 877481

A series first published in 2009 about a unit of the Polish army that gets sent back to 1939 to kill many Germans. They proceed to do so, but their total impact on the war is limited (Poland holds out for 3 months rather than 6 weeks, their GROM contingent manages to massively improve the effectiveness of the Home Army, the Warsaw Uprising ends up being a win...but the Soviets depose the free Polish government after the war anyway, so the broad flow of history is unchanged). Good book for its combat, but I wish it had used the alternate history setting more--some of the fun of this genre is big changes down the road.
I usually read foreign language books by converting them to .docx and using Google Translate to translate the book to English and the converting the book back to ePub. This is because Google Translate only supports .docx and .pdf and .pdf are a bit unreliable because of the way text is stored on them.

But I don't think I want to read this Polish book based on your description because I read ISOT books for what the Chinese call YY a.k.a Mast*****on. And based on the ending of the book, it doesn't fully qualify to be categorized as YY

Last edited:
Some novels/series:
First a classic SI: Cast in Time #1 Baron by Ed Nelson (resumed Plot)
'A British Retired Lieutenant General, former head of the Army Corp of Engineers and war veteran awakens in the year 715 A.D and in the body of a young Baron in Cornwall'...

Also, some ones that are from the 'Sprague de Camp's Lest Darkness Fall like kind of plot trigger:

'Arthur Sandus series'- Arturo Sandus #1 On the Rocks by Peter Rhodan (resumed Plot)
'In a time far in an future and in the space the starship captain Arturo Sandus, after some incidents, find himself marooned unknowingly in Roman Britain'

Matt Miller in the Colonies #1Journeyman by Mark J. Rose
''Matt Miller is ripped from his own century and wakes up in colonial America''

Finally an ISOT like novel:
A Ripple in Time #1 A Ripple in Time by Victor Zugg (resumed Plot)
After some weird weather event 'a routine Miami to Charlotte flight end with both crew and passengers after to survive it to find themselves transported far back in the time to when the US was starting to be colonized.

The Videssos Cycle - 4-book series by Harry Turtledove, beginning with The Misplaced Legion. A clash between Druidically enchanted swords propels a Roman army to a Byzantine-inspired fantasy empire, and its war against a demon-worshipping sorcerer. I can't call this "great literature" but it was one of my formative fantasy reads -- I think it inspired my love of historically inspired, low-magic, low fantasy settings. One of my comfort reads to this day. Available in a two-volume ebook omnibus series from Amazon.

It also has an interesting backstory. As a young man in the 1960s or 1970s -- long before the modern internet, fanfiction, and the Fandom AH forum :p -- the author wrote a story about a Roman army ISOTted to Gondor to fight the Witch King. He grew up, earned a PhD in history, and rewrote his old idea, this time in an original setting. The rest is (alternate) history.

Maybe it's time for a re-read...

--

Separately, paging @lacdaders to this thread in case the topic is of interest. :)

A Ripple in Time #1 A Ripple in Time by Victor Zugg (resumed Plot)
After some weird weather event 'a routine Miami to Charlotte flight end with both crew and passengers after to survive it to find themselves transported far back in the time to when the US was starting to be colonized.
This could have been good except for the wrong understanding of butterfly effect. Their very arrival at that time means they'll no longer be born in the timeline. They think they'll disappear if they bring changes, so they try not to change the world too much. That's the author and characters not having an understanding the butterfly effect.
Their very arrival means their parents and grandparents will not be born. Even their ancestors who are married will not give birth to the next generation that was supposed to be born in OTL. Reproduction is one the major thing influenced by butterfly effect. People who were born in OTL will not be born. And everything else will be changed too.

I gave up trying to read the novel after some time

A one person ISOT: Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen is a classic,
Thanks! Added this one.
I read some of it, but gave up after he decided to go with a feudal system of government.
Also, one person ISOTs seem to be called SI(Self Insert) on this site.

Thanks! Added this one.
I read some of it, but gave up after he decided to go with a feudal system of government.
Also, one person ISOTs seem to be called SI(Self Insert) on this site.
I always thought a SI was when the author's mind is inserted into another personality, as opposed to someone being transported bodily.

I always thought a SI was when the author's mind is inserted into another personality, as opposed to someone being transported bodily.
I think you're right. Changed the post and added time travel and isekai.
I guess Lord Kalvan of Otherwhen is a Portal Fantasy.

Not technically a book, but there's an upcoming game with the SI AH premise:

Some modern-day commando goes back in time to "medieval England" with modern weapons and a pick-up truck.

Probably not gonna be anything special, but it shows interest in the genre is ticking upward.