Is there any way that the British/Canadians could fare better in 1812?

Exactly what it says on the tin. Is there a way that perhaps the UK could re-annex any US territory during the war of 1812? Maybe parts of New England? Maybe the Indian tribes to the west become vassals of the British Empire?

(Don't get rid of Napoleon please, the TL I need this for (US/UK Cold War) requires somewhat similar events in Europe up until the World Wars)

I think, if the British pushed for even more support among the Native Americans it could be accomplished.

I think, if the British pushed for even more support among the Native Americans it could be accomplished.

They'd need a few more Brocks and a less Proctors though.

Can't see any reason WHY the British would reannex US states - adjust the border in their favor, possibly something temporally favoring the western (relative to the current US) tribes, but not much more.

They'd need a few more Brocks and a less Proctors though.

Can't see any reason WHY the British would reannex US states - adjust the border in their favor, possibly something temporally favoring the western (relative to the current US) tribes, but not much more.
Well they could go for the Ohio Valley and gain a foothold over there....

I'd go with having the Hartford Convention gain more suppourt and have New England secede. Don't think Britain would gain much territory out of it - perhaps it gets a chunk of Maine for helping NE.

But the US hasn't gotten Florida yet, so Britain could prop up a native/black state made up of slave and Indian refugees. Furthermore later on you can have Britain keep all the Oregon territory.

What does it gain from that?

Jycee: Minor note, isn't "Maine" at this point part of Massachusetts?

It sure is. In fact, the governor of Massachusetts actually tried to pursue a separate peace with Canada and hand over a slice of Maine as the price. Luckily for him, nothing came of it.

It sure is. In fact, the governor of Massachusetts actually tried to pursue a separate peace with Canada and hand over a slice of Maine as the price. Luckily for him, nothing came of it.

As someone interested in studying the War of 1812: Source?

If the Brits / Canadians had had more luck pushing down the Mississippi then it could have lead to an interesting suitation, particurly when the Brits wanted to take New Orleans.

I wonder how Jackson would have faired against a British force to the North as well as to the South.