Is there any good color scheme template?

Duchyii

Banned
I want to make a color scheme called BRICS (Boring Ridiculous Infuriating Color Scheme) and I can't find a template, is there a template though?

As I recall @XO Maenadicus has a thing on their website that allows for something similar? You'd have to change colors manually, but it's probably about as good as you'll get apart from taking a segment of an existing one and selecting the frame, inverting your selection, and filling it with white (or, yknow, doing the whole thing manually based on your own needs).

That said, "look at my funny color scheme name!" hasn't really been funny since TACOS back in 2012, if it indeed was then. Making the color scheme name sexual hasn't helped in the funniness department (it might in the putting people off using it department?), although I'm certain it's been done at least three times.

Making the color scheme name sexual hasn't helped in the funniness department (it might in the putting people off using it department?), although I'm certain it's been done at least three times.
AFAIK I only remember THICC as one of the sexually charged names. What are the others?

Also by this point, we have largely shifted to DCS due to its comprehensive nature, as well as because of DCS being used in standard and borderpool Q-BAM maps.

That said, THICC is also comprehensive, and might as well be a major competitor in the future. Most others won't get the traction because of the fixed colors associated with certain nations.

AFAIK I only remember THICC as one of the sexually charged names. What are the others?

Also by this point, we have largely shifted to DCS due to its comprehensive nature, as well as because of DCS being used in standard and borderpool Q-BAM maps.

That said, THICC is also comprehensive, and might as well be a major competitor in the future. Most others won't get the traction because of the fixed colors associated with certain nations.
THICC, SECCS, and SUCK. And wow, I forgot all about DCS! I had assumed the huge-color-scheme proponents were all on THICC. I do kind of dispute the idea that just because specific colors are assigned to specific nations that a scheme can't succeed- nearly every scheme still uses the old UCS paradigms, and I think it likely that something seeking to establish similar paradigms might work- especially if geared to a certain set of nations.

EDIT: Also, now that I'm plumbing the depths of the website for color schemes, COCS.

Last edited:
THICC, SECCS, and SUCK. And wow, I forgot all about DCS! I had assumed the huge-color-scheme proponents were all on THICC. I do kind of dispute the idea that just because specific colors are assigned to specific nations that a scheme can't succeed- nearly every scheme still uses the old UCS paradigms, and I think it likely that something seeking to establish similar paradigms might work- especially if geared to a certain set of nations.

EDIT: Also, now that I'm plumbing the depths of the website for color schemes, COCS.
Ah, SUCK. Forgot about that one, but I took it as "you suck" as opposed the sexual meaning. It's still popular these days.

To each to their own. I'll admit Crazy_Boris is playing to that joke, but it is also just stating a fact, given THICC is the biggest scheme on the forum atm. SECCs and SUCK idk the views of the authors on if that was their intent, but I know that DCS isn't intentionally that style, it literally just happens the maker is called Drex, thus Drex's Colour Scheme, so don't presume before you state.

Edit: no, not by a long shot, to all colour components being on THICC, I've checked through all schemes (only 3 to go)

Last edited:

ST15RM

Banned
color scheme sex jokes
i apologize for this. its really bad and kinda gross humor. i've basically shelved the project for a while, and i think ive pretty much abandoned it, and i wanna make this official. the project is cancelled, due to a lack of interest and involvement in other projects. again i wanna sincerely apologize for participating in an unfunny trend.

i apologize for this. its really bad and kinda gross humor. i've basically shelved the project for a while, and i think ive pretty much abandoned it, and i wanna make this official. the project is cancelled, due to a lack of interest and involvement in other projects. again i wanna sincerely apologize for participating in an unfunny trend.
Back in 2017, I thought naming a color scheme MESS was great humor. Your thoughts were marginally more puerile, and that's fine.