Inversed Countrys Wikipedia Infoboxes

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
If that's the case, why is Glasgow North East the most left-wing UK Parliament constituency? Plus, is there a plausible pro-independence analogue in any other OTL Democratic stronghold?

Dude, one Constituency in Glasgow that was created back in 2005 does not speak for the whole of Scotland. I'd be like me pointing to Surrey Heath and claiming that because it's a right wing seat it shows England as being right wing. Left Wing in Scotland is overrated, and it really is rather Nationalistic up here. The only reason Labour consistently won seats until 2015 in Scotland was because Scottish Labour appealed to the Scottish Voters, albeit not to the extent the SNP does. Either the South or Oregon, Washington, Idaho and North California would be a better analogy than New England. The Midwest-Great Lakes region might actually even be a better analogy than all of those.

Either the South or Oregon, Washington, Idaho and North California would be a better analogy than New England. The Midwest-Great Lakes region might actually even be a better analogy than all of those.

The South isn't Democratic these days, and I'm really not convinced there's a tight bond between the Pacific Coast states. The Great Lakes is plausible, but they don't vote together that evenly.
By comparison, the Republicans are pretty weak in New England these days and it's more friendly to candidacies from minor parties for many years (James Buckley and Bernie Sanders come to mind).

shiftygiant

Gone Fishin'
The South isn't Democratic these days, and I'm really not convinced there's a tight bond between the Pacific Coast states. The Great Lakes is plausible, but they don't vote together that evenly.
By comparison, the Republicans are pretty weak in New England these days and it's more friendly to candidacies from minor parties for many years (James Buckley and Bernie Sanders come to mind).

That's true (about the South and Great Lakes), but in regards to third parties I think a regional/Nationalist movement that attacks the others for neglect and wants to see an idealized version of their states emerge works perfectly for these areas, even if voting doesn't line up.

I apologize if my response seemed brash, it just hit a nerve. Whilst a New England Party could work, it'd be more equated to Wales than Scotland.

That's true (about the South and Great Lakes), but in regards to third parties I think a regional/Nationalist movement that attacks the others for neglect and wants to see an idealized version of their states emerge works perfectly for these areas, even if voting doesn't line up.

I apologize if my response seemed brash, it just hit a nerve. Whilst a New England Party could work, it'd be more equated to Wales than Scotland.

It's OK man, I can see the analogues I made are pretty shaky. In hindsight, I guess it makes sense that New England is more of a Wales analogue than a Scotland one- the industrial cities around the Great Lakes like Chicago and Detroit might actually make more sense. The difficulty is working out that party's ideology.

Post 179 - Swedish Peter Robinson
I hope that God protects Sweden.

2yosb2c.jpg