If the Saarland had agreed to join France after WWII, would they still be talking german today?

After WWII, the Saarland remained in an uncertain position for several years until it joined the BRD.
There were several alternative outcomes, including independence as a new border state like a new Luxembourg, or flat out joining France.

If the Saarland had voted to become French - what would the cultural impact have been?

We can discuss this on broader terms, but to start this off I want to specifically ask about language -
Would use of german have noticeably declined after joining Fance?

Two flavours to this, with sub-flavours:

I. POD after WWII

1- Would the people of the Saarland stop referring to their language as german and instead start calling it "a unique germanic language closely related to german"?

2a- Would the local dialect be pushed away by french, fading out of use over the generations?

2b- If not, would that lead to tension with Paris?

I. Same with POD after WWI already

French governments haven't tended to be very favorable for usage of local languages and dialects so German language in French Saarland (or whatever its name would be) would be under heavy pressure and local people would have mandated to use French and German language would be ratherly home language and not heard or seen lot on public usage. Locals would still call their language as German at least for couple first generations. And there would be lot of separatism and will to re-join to Germany.