I need book suggestions

I need new AH and dystopian sci-fi book suggestions. I have.

WorldWar, TL191, ITPOME, TMWTIH by Harry Turtledove and I will be buying his appeasement series.
The Domination series by SM Stirling, I will buy peswhar lanchers.
The Axis of Time.
Fatherland
The man in the high castle
Making History
Colloborater
SS-GB
Still Life with Fascists
Resistance
I will also buy the Summer Isles
No fantasy

Last edited:
Try A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller. Post nuclear war earth, in three sections. It isn't new... 1962 Hugo winner.

Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore. This is a time travelling affects the outcome of the Civil War novel, just not the normal way.

You'll probably enjoy Without Warning by Birmingham as well. This is an upcoming novel due out in March I believe.

3 February in North America, according to Amazon.

BTW -- what's the "thing" that happens to the US--natural or man-made?

Spoiler:
ASB. There is a wave or dome that sits over the continent. It moves a little, but only little expensions and contractions. It never says what causes it, that may come in the next volume, but it may not.

Try A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter Miller. Post nuclear war earth, in three sections. It isn't new... 1962 Hugo winner.

Bring the Jubilee by Ward Moore. This is a time travelling affects the outcome of the Civil War novel, just not the normal way.

You'll probably enjoy Without Warning by Birmingham as well. This is an upcoming novel due out in March I believe.

Yeah, A Canticle for Leibowitz was pretty cool. A good view of the consequences of nuclear war. And I liked that it was centuries later. I liked reading their views on why civilization collapsed.

Here are some suggestions. However The Uchronia Website has 1823 entries www.uchronia.net/. Please note that the divergence point does not always equate with the period of the story

John Christopher Fireball Trilogy divergence point Roman Times
Kingsley Amis The Alternation divergence point the reformation
Keith Roberts Pavane divergence point the Armada

Divergence Point The American war on independence

Harry Harrison A transatlantic tunnel hurrah hurrah
Harry Turtledove The Two Georges
Robert Sobel Fore want of a nail

Divergence Point the War of 1812

Eric Flint 1812 Rivers of war 1832 the Arkansas war

Divergence Point the American Civil War

Robert Conroy 1862
Newt Gingrich The Gettysburg Trilogy
Harry Harrison A rebel in time (time travel variation)
Harry Harrison Stars and Stripes Trilogy (not the authors best work)
Ward Moore Bring the Jubilee (+a time travel twist)

Divergence Point World War 1

Saki When William came

Divergence Point World War 2

Stephen Baxter Weaver
Robert Bowen No retreat
Newt Gingrich 1945, Pearl Harbour and Day of Infamy
Owen Sheers Resistance
James P Hogan the Proteus Operation
Christopher Priest The Seperation

Divergence Point the Cold War or Space Race

Eugene Dubois The Resurrection
Stephen Baxter The voyage

Parallel Worlds

Taylor Anderson The destroyermen trilogy
Keith Laumer The Other Sky, World of the Imperium, Assignment in nowhere
Michael Moorcock Warlord of the air trilogy (tails of by 3rd book)

Alternate History as fact

Robert Cowley What if, More What if and Whait if America
Nial Fergusson Virtual History (Academics tending to argue how history could have run differently rather than the effects)
Duncan Brack and Ian Dale Prime Minister Portillo and other things that never happened and President Gore and other things that never happened (only read it if you are interested in politics)

Dystopias

Eric Blair 1984
Ray Bradbury Fahrenheit 451
Warwick Deeping Compuer one
Aldous Huxley Brave New World
David Karp One

Here are some suggestions. However The Uchronia Website has 1823 entries www.uchronia.net/. Please note that the divergence point does not always equate with the period of the story

John Christopher Fireball Trilogy divergence point Roman Times
Kingsley Amis The Alternation divergence point the reformation
Keith Roberts Pavane divergence point the Armada

Divergence Point The American war on independence
Harry Turtledove The Two Georges
Robert Sobel Fore want of a nail

Divergence Point the American Civil War
Ward Moore Bring the Jubilee (+a time travel twist)

Divergence Point World War 2

Stephen Baxter Weaver
Newt Gingrich 1945,
Owen Sheers Resistance
James P Hogan the Proteus Operation
Christopher Priest The Seperation

Divergence Point the Cold War or Space Race

Eugene Dubois The Resurrection
Stephen Baxter The voyage

Dystopias

Eric Blair 1984
Ray Bradbury Fahrenheit 451
Aldous Huxley Brave New World
Thanks for your research the only one that interests me is Bring the Jubilee.
I read but wasn`t impressed by the Alteration or by the Sepration see my posts in its thread, I have Resistance and the three dystopia novels which I`ve quoted. While Stephen Baxter dosen`t interest me and I`ve been to uchronia serveral times.

Britannia's Fist by Peter G Tsouras.

And although it is not really AH you should read the 1632 series by Eric Flint.

And also maybe you should read some George Orwell, especially 1984.

I recommend the following books:

The Moscow Option by David Dowding. This is set during World War 2 and looks at what could have happened if the Germans and the Japanese had altered their grand strategies.

The Last Year of the Old World by Ronald W Clark. The first test of the atom bomb fails, leaving the Allies with no choice but to invade Japan and then there is an incident in Germany that leads to the Soviet tanks rolling westwards.

The Foresight War by Anthony Williams. A British historian is somehow transported back to 1934. He lends his knowledge to help Britain prepare for WW 2 but the Germans also receive help from a German time traveller.

I have bought and finished A Canticle for Leibowitz it was great. I really enjoyed it thanks for recommending it for me. I have also bought Bring the Jubilee and enjoyed it as well.

The Years of Rice and Salt by Kim Robinson is pretty good. It's about a TL where most of Europe gets wiped off during the Black Plague, so the Muslim and Asian countries dominate the world.

Jon Courteney Grimwood's Ashraf Bey trilogy (Pashazade, Effendi and Felaheen or collected in Arabesk).

Alternate history/post-cyberpunk/detective books. POD is that Wilson brokers peace early in WWI and the Ottoman Empire survives with the great powers being uneasily allied France/Germany and the USA (the rotting corpse of the USSR may have been in contention earlier in the timeline).

Just fantastic writing and a great sense of place.

(His earlier Claire Fabio quartet is much more cyberpunk, but is also AH—France successfully intervenes in Mexico, wins the Franco-Prussian War, sprawls across half of Europe, and is one of the world's great powers.)