Human Time Line

For those of you who are in the know ;) ...

The Human Time Line once again lives!

The first chapter to the long awaited Last Stand At Titan is now online at my website

Cheers :)

oh your that David Atwell. cool

1 question: in your ?Continent/Australia Divided? peice, why do the Westralians embrace Portuguese like (but not to the same extent) as the Germans in Sud Australia? to my knowledge there isnt such a heritge of Portuguesse exploration of the coast, just Dutch.

Scarecrow said:
oh your that David Atwell. cool

Yes I'm him. Or he is me. Both actually. ;)

Scarecrow said:
1 question: in your ?Continent/Australia Divided? peice, why do the Westralians embrace Portuguese like (but not to the same extent) as the Germans in Sud Australia? to my knowledge there isnt such a heritge of Portuguesse exploration of the coast, just Dutch.

Well I went with the Portuguese more so because of the storyline more than it being rooted in actual historical fact. I wanted there to be distinct regions, one way ot the other, and choosing the Portuguese over the Dutch suited my purpose.

It's a thing with my writing, where I often float between hardcore AH & historical fiction.

DMA said:

Well I went with the Portuguese more so because of the storyline more than it being rooted in actual historical fact. I wanted there to be distinct regions, one way ot the other, and choosing the Portuguese over the Dutch suited my purpose.

It's a thing with my writing, where I often float between hardcore AH & historical fiction.

Holy F*ck. I had no idea. That old wep page of yours was some of the first alt hist I ever read. I especially liked the llamas in the appalachians.

DMA said:

Well I went with the Portuguese more so because of the storyline more than it being rooted in actual historical fact. I want there to be distinct regions, one way ot the other, and choosing the Portuguese over the Dutch suited my purpose.

ah ok then. is there more then just the outline piece? but i think Dutch instead of Portuguese would be more closer to 'history'
remember the Batavia!
but then again there still would be White Australia Policy, just not as a coherant national policy. im trying to remember more, as i carnt open any bits ouf your site, due to Bandwith issues...

Justin Green said:
Holy F*ck. I had no idea. That old wep page of yours was some of the first alt hist I ever read. I especially liked the llamas in the appalachians.

Thanks, but I didn't write anything about llamas. So you may have me confused with someone else... :confused:

Scarecrow said:
ah ok then. is there more then just the outline piece?

No. Just that. Changing The Times kind of limits the overall size of an article. Besides they're kind of hard to write ;) But I did go through a series of Australian AHs & I was kind of trying to figure out, near the end of last year, which one I'd actually turn into a series. Although I'm busy doing other stuff, like Last Stand At Titan, I'll probably turn A New Britannia into a large series (as it was always supposed to be, but never did - long story).

Scarecrow said:
but i think Dutch instead of Portuguese would be more closer to 'history'
remember the Batavia!
but then again there still would be White Australia Policy, just not as a coherant national policy. im trying to remember more, as i carnt open any bits ouf your site, due to Bandwith issues...

Yes the Dutch colonisation of WA would be more correct from an AH angle. That I completely agree with. It's just that, as I was saying, having the Dutch & Germans together kind of made things not as different as I was aiming for.

Alas the bandwidth problems are out of my control as those articles are hosted at Changing The Times. Hopefully, when the CTT contract comes up for renewal soon, we can get a better deal for more bandwidth. But I don't really have anything to do with that.

DMA said:
Thanks, but I didn't write anything about llamas. So you may have me confused with someone else... :confused:

I tried your lnk and it didnt work. Ohh I got you mixed up with Dale Cozort (Sp?)

haha hey david, mannn, i have re-read your entire human timeline like 4 times already :) too long a wait man, good to see you write again :)

Amit said:
haha hey david, mannn, i have re-read your entire human timeline like 4 times already :) too long a wait man, good to see you write again :)

Hi Amit. Long time no see! :)

Four times already? Well I hope you enjoyed it everytime.

Yes a long, long wait, & sorry about that, but I needed a break from HTL & wanted do write more conventional AH for a while.

I hope the wait is worth it though ;)