How useful would this alternate calendar be?

Gan

Banned
(Sorry if this is the wrong place.)

The current calendar is divided into 12 months. For a fun little project I decided to make a more orderly calendar by dividing the year into 10 long months and 1 short months. The ten long months are 35 days each, adding up to 350 days. The remaining 15 days are added to the 11th short month.

In an effort to keep it accurate, but also keep with the ordered calendar I was attempting to make, I decided to add five extra days to the short month every 20 years as opposed to a single leap day every four years. My question is; would this work?

If you use that calendar, maybe the culture who uses it has a "Generational Celebration"? Like, a festival five-days long to celebrate whatever it is people celebrate in your timeline? It could definitely work. The only comment I might have is that our current calendars are based off the lunar phases, meaning that your calendar might not be used from the very beginning, rather it would probably be something introduced in the modern day when we're not as dependant on the moon for timekeeping.

Gan

Banned
If you use that calendar, maybe the culture who uses it has a "Generational Celebration"? Like, a festival five-days long to celebrate whatever it is people celebrate in your timeline? It could definitely work. The only comment I might have is that our current calendars are based off the lunar phases, meaning that your calendar might not be used from the very beginning, rather it would probably be something introduced in the modern day when we're not as dependant on the moon for timekeeping.

I'm guessing the society that developed it would at least have to have understood that a year is roughly 365 days and would also need to understand that extra days need to be added every so often. What's the earliest you could see a society adopting such a calendar?

I'm guessing the society that developed it would at least have to have understood that a year is roughly 365 days and would also need to understand that extra days need to be added every so often. What's the earliest you could see a society adopting such a calendar?

The leap day was introduced into the calendar by the Romans in the 1st century BC so I suspect that the only thing required for this calendar is some astronomy and decent math.