How to create original Religions?

All religions,at least all monotheistic religions, say that the God is almighty ie. not an atom can move without His will.They also claim that the God is the embodiment of Goodness.He is all good,all pure.There lies the contradiction.If God is all-powerful why does he permit the evil to exist? If everything happens as per His will, how can all the sins,all the crimes,occur? It is the eternal riddle that no believer has ever explained satisfactorily,whichever religion he belongs to.

All religions,at least all monotheistic religions, say that the God is almighty ie. not an atom can move without His will.They also claim that the God is the embodiment of Goodness.He is all good,all pure.There lies the contradiction.If God is all-powerful why does he permit the evil to exist? If everything happens as per His will, how can all the sins,all the crimes,occur? It is the eternal riddle that no believer has ever explained satisfactorily,whichever religion he belongs to.

There is a solution, maybe.

He is BOTH. Or neitheir, and so..

Like Hinduist Braman, kinda. Maybe.
Ironically like Nietzche would have liked it, beyond good and evil maybe...

The general answer is that he has to let evil exist. People redeem themselves by choosing good. Without the option of evil thar choice is meaningless

Esopo

Banned
The general answer is that he has to let evil exist. People redeem themselves by choosing good. Without the option of evil thar choice is meaningless

The real question is *why* has god to create men, and to test them, if he is already complete, perfect and immobile in its perfection.

While the 'Problem of Evil' is a pretty big theological/philosophical issue for omnipotent, omniscient and good gods, this thread probably isn't the place to discuss it?

Indeed relgions aren't so much founded, as spread. Much like an anicent version of 'the meme'; a common idea that embodies something to those who see sense in it.
Anybody can convert to anything, more or less; my point is solely that a religion appearing out of nowhere whole cloth never really happens.
The idea of memes is really a good starting point I think. Memes are pretty much the the concept of evolution, as applied to ideas rather than organisms. In this logic, Judaism experienced a "mutation" with Jesus, which allowed it to spread into new territories. Here this new form of Judaism evolved into a different "species", Christianity, with several sub-species within it.

That's a pretty simple way to think up new religions. To sum up this general train of thought so far in this thread:

1. Select original religion.
  2. Give it a twist that will allow it to spread. Either among the followers of the original religion, thus transplanting it, or among people outside this religion.
  3. Let whatever intellectual environment the religion passes through cause it to adopt new customs inspired by this environment.
There, now you have the beginning of a new religion. Now you just need it to be adopted on a bigger scale. Here appeal to authorities and an intolerant streak is useful, but that really depends on what kind of religion you want. It might also just spread among the general populace, leaving the top with their original religion. Spreading from the below instead of from the top would probably also make the religion take on a different character.

I'm sorry, but this is related to the OP how? This really isn't a place to criticize other people's theology while simultaneously projecting your own opinions as fact. It also doesn't look good that you opted to single out Monotheism.

Also, on topic, maybe you could have your religion's founder believe in the Druidic pantheon, and choose one of their gods as a supreme god/goddess. Then you could have him create his own druid esque priesthood, emphasize nature while still preaching an interactive god, and draw upon
British and Gualish patriots for support of what they see as a Celtic religion. You could also have him work in Greek philosophy, but for the religion to become dominant you will probably need some sort of TTL Constantine the Great, as Christianity really wouldn't be what it is today without him (also I'm a Constantine fanboy, so a TTL analogy of him would be fun).

Last edited:
Sorry if the feelings of anyone was hurt by a doubt raised by me.I haven't questioned anybody's personal belief in any particular system or projected any belief system as my own.The monotheist system is mentioned as the concept of an Almighty God exists only in monotheism.In polytheism there is no single all-powerful God.If anyone feels that my doubt diverts the attention from the topic, you may please ignore it.

Sorry if the feelings of anyone was hurt by a doubt raised by me.I haven't questioned anybody's personal belief in any particular system or projected any belief system as my own.The monotheist system is mentioned as the concept of an Almighty God exists only in monotheism.In polytheism there is no single all-powerful God.If anyone feels that my doubt diverts the attention from the topic, you may please ignore it.

Well, it is not always so true.. Polytheisms have frequently a god more egal than others, a creator or king or father... AND some polytheisms are not real polytheisms when one look closer - hinduism by example have shades of montheism or pantheism, when you look beyond the patron gods, toward the Trimurti, the Brahma and Atman or Shakti concepts...

We're not children, to pitch tantrums at freshman-year philosophizing. The real problem is that you hijacked the thread with your off topic speech.