Srihari14

Banned
I have always Wondered how did India manage to retain its own religion, despite the fact it was under Islamic Rule since the 12th Century CE, even if you take all of South Asia into account, Hinduism is still the biggest religion in India, How was it able to resist while Persia and North African nations failed?

I have always Wondered how did India manage to retain its own religion, despite the fact it was under Islamic Rule since the 12th Century CE, even if you take all of South Asia into account, Hinduism is still the biggest religion in India, How was it able to resist while Persia and North African nations failed?
I mean 25% of the Indian Subcontinent in 1940 were Muslim so not a small number, I'd argue that the entrenched position of Hinduism, the various popular movements that arose during the late middle ages and early modern era helped revitalize the already existing communities against the islamic political elites.

Srihari14

Banned
I mean 25% of the Indian Subcontinent in 1940 were Muslim so not a small number, I'd argue that the entrenched position of Hinduism, the various popular movements that arose during the late middle ages and early modern era helped revitalize the already existing communities against the islamic political elites.
Yet after centuries of rule, it was still 75% Hindu in other parts of country, how exactly did it Sur I've for 600+ years ?

I've read some opinions that the Jāti clan system played some role, which in some way prevented an even greater number of the population from becoming Muslim; family and tribe were even more important in India than the Middle East for most of history. It's also important to note that many states ruled by Muslim monarchs were de facto secular, including the Mughal Empire with the exception of Aurangzeb's reign. Muslim rule outside the Indus Valley is also relatively recent, occurring at around the same time the Ottomans became entrenched in the Balkans.

Srihari14

Banned
I've read some opinions that the Jāti clan system played some role, which in some way prevented an even greater number of the population from becoming Muslim; family and tribe were even more important in India than the Middle East for most of history. It's also important to note that many states ruled by Muslim monarchs were de facto secular, including the Mughal Empire with the exception of Aurangzeb's reign. Muslim rule outside the Indus Valley is also relatively recent, occurring at around the same time the Ottomans became entrenched in the Balkans.
I think you mean caste