HOI2 AAR Help

I know that the Paradox Interactive forums might be a better place to ask about this, but mostly what I need is AH information so Ill post those questions here:

I want to do an AAR playing as a facist America with Lindbergh as President. I've played this route a few times, but this time I want to make it as plausible as possible. There a few places where I need help coming up with stuff for the setting.

For example, similar to the SS in Germany, I usually break the US Army into two seperate groups; the Regular Army, which is made up of all the Drafted Army-recruited units, and the Republican Guard, which is made up off all of my Standing Army with improved experience. I need help coming up with division names for Republican Guard units (IE: 1st 'Big Red One' Division, or 1st 'Constitution Rifles' Republican Guard Division). The names should be as jingoistic or nationalistic as possible.

Second, I need help coming up with a series of events (not creating new events, but just organizing random events and the diplomatic sliders) that would lead to an AmFirst Party victory. Like what should the economic slider start out at for the US? It never made sense to me that the US starts out at full Free Market. The US was under the New Deal at the time, it should be at least a couple clicks towards Central Planning.

Incidently, do any of the HOI2 players on here know the Event numbers for the Economic/Law/Foreign/Defense Policy under attack by Opposition random events? I want to use those to shift the US sliders rather than simply using the once a year shifts.

I'll probably have more questions as I begin setting things up, but I think that's it for now. Thanks for the help.

I thought of another question: What US generals at the time could be considered hardcore anti-communists? I know MacArthur and Patton were but who else?

Waffen-SS like names? You could invoke historic patriotic and frontier spirit with "War Hawks," "Texas Rebels," "Andrew Jackson," "Rough Riders," "Regulators" or "Patriots," among others.

Waffen-SS like names? You could invoke historic patriotic and frontier spirit with "War Hawks," "Texas Rebels," "Andrew Jackson," "Rough Riders," "Regulators" or "Patriots," among others.

Those are good. Rough Riders and Patriots were two I already had. Most of the names I have come up with refer back to the Revolutionary War and the Founding Fathers, for example "Constitution Rifles", The "Legion of the United States", "Life Guards of the President", the "Honor Guard of the Republic", "Knox Howitzers", and "Jefferson Rifles".

Another more HOI2 system type question:

I've found three US Generals that had quasi-fascist or at least pro-AmFirst leanings: Albert Coady Wedemeyer, Charles A. Willoughby, and George Van Horn Moseley. I plan on adding them as both ministers and commanders. What do you guys think their traits should be? And their skill levels?

An obvious name that comes to mind for a division is Spirit of '76, which is also deliciously ironic.

It's not that hard to come up with American nationalist division names, you know. Minutemen, US Rangers, Bald Eagles, Liberty Bells, Patriots, Stars and Stripes, Pilgrims...

It's not that hard to come up with American nationalist division names, you know. Minutemen, US Rangers, Bald Eagles, Liberty Bells, Patriots, Stars and Stripes, Pilgrims...

Not sure about the Liberty Bells, except maybe as the name of the female branch of the party/paramilitary organization (Liberty Belles).

Which obviously would not be applicable in the game.

Eagles, Liberty Bell, and Minutemen are three that I have made as well. The Rangers manifest in the name of one of the Alpine (mountain) divisons: "Robert Rogers". There's another unit of Alpiners that I call "Nathan Hale".

Not sure about the Liberty Bells, except maybe as the name of the female branch of the party/paramilitary organization (Liberty Belles).

Which obviously would not be applicable in the game.

Liberty Bell (singular) wouldn't be out of place for a division name though. I think the last time I played a US fascist game I had the 3rd Republican Guard Division named Liberty Bell.

How about the 2nd Infantry division "The Republic"? I would suggest looking at OTL division's nicknames. "All-Americans" and "The Screaming Eagles" would make great cuff titles.

jose1357

Donor
So when are u going to manually trigger the AM-1st election event, '36 or '40? Also, are u going to avoid the dissent rise that's usually needed for these events to trigger?

So when are u going to manually trigger the AM-1st election event, '36 or '40? Also, are u going to avoid the dissent rise that's usually needed for these events to trigger?

My plan right now is to use the "Law Policy under attack by opposition event" to push the US towards authoritarianism by 1940. Truthfully, I've suceeded before in making the US paternal autocrat by 1940 without much of a dissent increase. The US usually makes so much consumers goods that you have to really try to get high dissent.

BTW: do you know the number for the AmFirst event? That would help. I might even be able to come up with an event force triggering it in 1939 as part of a "Constituional crisis" or something. Hmmmm...that would actually allow me to keep Roosevelt in charge instead of electing the Republicans in 1936. That way I could do more New Deal events pushing the US towards central planning and create dissent that would represent a popular move towards the AmFirst party.

Maybe the 4th Infantry division "The Protectors"?

Here's my list of division names. Most are Mechanized divisions, some are airborne or mountain. All the divisions called "X Howitzers" are armored divisions. As are Dragoons.

Legion of the United States
Honor Guard of the Republic
Life Guard of the President
Washington Rifles
Continental Rifles
Dragoons
Rough Riders
Nathan Hale
Liberty Bell
Constitution Rifles
Sons of Liberty
Robert Rogers