HOI IV delay

Paradox just announced that HOI IV has been delayed until late Q2 2015. My guess is that they ran into some snags with the engine for it.

Could someone please summarise what IV is going to feature, and whether I should be excited? I played the shit out of HoI2 but barely spent 5 hours on HoI3 before getting bored at how soulless and restrictive it was.

To be fair, the game won't actually be finished until about two years after release, after a boatload of patches and a ridiculous amount of DLCs (that are mostly just glorified mods) are put out.

So, I'm not upset.

With HOI3, I literally spent 4 hours trying to organize the GREEK army in 1936. The GREEK army. I can't imagine what trying to set up the Soviet or German or French would be like.

I still play HOI2 today - it's a good game.

Could you expound? From what I’ve seen, there are far more options.

That's kind of what made it more restrictive, as strange as that sounded. The amount of micromanagement made your choices actually more limited, and the alliance system went from 'join an alliance, form your own, go it alone' to a stupid three-pointed graph where you moved towards the Allies, Axis or Comintern based on some fairly arbitrary stuff. The AH side was really heavily decreased. You could no longer see the cabinets of other countries, which I always liked as flavour, and all this added up to suck the soul out of the whole thing. It was a real shame.

Just heard that it looks like they have postponed it indefinitely or at least they won't even give a date as to when they will make the next announcement. :eek::mad: My guess is that they ran into some bugs that they are not sure how to fix, they have gotten complaints from testers, or both.

B-29_Bomber

Banned
Just heard that it looks like they have postponed it indefinitely or at least they won't even give a date as to when they will make the next announcement. :eek::mad: My guess is that they ran into some bugs that they are not sure how to fix, they have gotten complaints from testers, or both.

They haven't said anything from what I've heard. Indeed, they've just started to shift from monthly dev diaries to weekly diaries. A clear sign that it's coming rather soon.