HMS Heligoland - The Boil On The Kaiser's Bum

To you both...

...Thanks...

Lancastrian, I hope to publish twenty books, at the rate of three to four per year, from material on my laptop. Not all are AH, but many are 'What Ifs?'

TB3, you honour me. I hope my criticism is not too brutal. As you can tell from my Upside Downside TL (https://www.alternatehistory.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=153697), I like my science consistent - even in a Translocation (I hate the term ISOT).

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a bizarre thought...

...An eminent Danish historian in OTL discovers papers assigning Heligoland to Princess Alexandra, her heirs and assigns, in the Danish Royal Archives and discovers agreement from Queen Victoria and the Government when he visits the Royal Archives here in Britain.

As this has not been referred to in the instrument transferring the island to the Kaiser, has Lord Salisbury broken the Married Women's Property Act and can HM the Queen claim damages?

And would all native Hallunders be entitled to hold a Referendum to decide whether they want to stay German or choose British or Danish nationality?

Just wondering if this is worth a giggle and a few discussions - it may not get into the Forum.

I *loved* HMS Heligoland, and left a long review on Amazon. I was wondering when the followup will be released. You'd included a piece of it as a come-on at the end of the book, so there must be something fairly complete....