Hello I'm The Doctor

There have been, so far 11 actors play the Doctor, plus Richard Hurndall in The Five Doctors and Richard E Grant in The Sream of Sahka. These actors have played the part for the BBC, there has been others for other companies like Big Finish.
The BBC though about giving the part to Richard Griffiths at one point and Ian Richardson was in with a chance as well. What would be different if they had got it?

So who do you think should have played the Doctor and didn't and who should play the Doctor in the future?
Bare in mind the actor must be British and MUST BE male.

And dodn't think about mentioning Doctor Who and the Caurse of Fatal Death.:mad:

Off you go.:)

Last edited:
Heretical suggestion I made from the Bond thread;

a NON british but UK still guy. Like a welsh or scott, or an indo-britanic guy.:p:D

Aren't they more or less synonimous partially? *shrugs* Bond and Who to me sound a bit both totally cliché english.

No. The British comprise of the English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish (some would also say Cornish, but meh)

The Scots and Welsh particularly don't like being called English, they're British.

Bond and the Dr are British. It would seem like clichéd English as English is also British.

It's like explaining the trinity... separate and distinct parts, but the sum is the same.

There have been, so far 11 actors play the Doctor, plus Richard Hurndall in The Five Doctors and Richard E Grant in The Sream of Sahka. These actors have played the part for the BBC, there has been others for other companies like Big Finish.
The BBC though about giving the part to Richard Griffiths at one point and Ian Richardson was in with a chance as well. What would be different if they had got it?

So who do you think should have played the Doctor and didn't and who should play the Doctor in the future?
Bare in mind the actor must be British and MUST BE male.

And dodn't think about mentioning Doctor Who and the Caurse of Fatal Death.:mad:

Off you go.:)

Don't forget Peter Cushing.

Torqumada

Huehuecoyotl

Monthly Donor
As much as I think Christopher Eccleston should have gotten a longer run, I also think Paul McGann should've been brought back on in 2005 and given a little more screen time.

Stolengood

Banned
I think Norman Wisdom and Malcolm McDowell might've been excellent Doctors each, but they were never approached.

There was talk about Brian Blessed as the Six Doctor in place of Colin Baker according to Doctor Who Magazine.

And there was talk about Pierce Brosnan as the Doctor for a Movie, that was supposed to have been directed by Leonard Nimoy.

A Doctor Who Fanzine Once claimed that Donald Southerland was being consider for the Doctor for a Movie. The same issue claimed that a preview would be shown before the first Jurassic Park movie.

And I personally thank David Warner would have been a excellent Doctor.

As much as I think Christopher Eccleston should have gotten a longer run, I also think Paul McGann should've been brought back on in 2005 and given a little more screen time.

McGann, as in the 8th Doctor was in 74 BBC books, Very much not for children. Also David Warner has played the First Doctor for Big Finish.
But would still like to know how different actors would have changed the show.