Hearts of Iron IV Thread

Did you win?

Haven't gotten much further yet, lining troops up for a super early Barbarossa. The game started off as an attempt to see how far I could get on the basis of playing Germany solo, because I despise Germany's allies, especially Italy. Turns out it's pretty easy to rush the Anschluss and Munich if you focus on nothing but the industry focuses and spamming infantry to inflate your troop count. All that wrapped up by middle of 37 with my invasion of Poland kicking off in early 38. End of 38 Poland and France both already conquered and Britain given a bloody nose with a mismanaged Dunkirk. I'm torn between jumping on the Soviets right now to take advantage of their purge or waiting a year to build up. In the long term I'm hoping to build a naval force strong enough to challenge the Royal Navy while I invade the Soviets and then win the war against Britain before America can join the Allies.

CECBC

Banned
I like making custom maps in this game, like alternate WWII scenarios (like WWI victory scenarios) just using the cheats to edit the map. Last one I made was a 1984 style map with three massive superpowers and a few neutrals in Africa.

November 1939; Operation Barbarossa is complete. With Russia's infinite resources we shall build a navy to crush Perfidious Albion!

Faeelin

Banned
This game is... not fun. It's very easy to build a division that grinds your foes beneath your heels. But then you get s broken peace system.

Faeelin

Banned
The secret is to build a unit with a medium tank brigade, 9 arty, the rest infantry. The ai can't handle it. You'll have a 600 attack versus 24.

DIE. DIE. EVERYBODY DIE.

The secret is to build a unit with a medium tank brigade, 9 arty, the rest infantry. The ai can't handle it. You'll have a 600 attack versus 24.

DIE. DIE. EVERYBODY DIE.
Or you can just make a 20-area division of 7 infantry and 2 artillery. Works too.

So this is annoying. In the Canadian National Focuses in KiaserRiech (no I will never be avle to spell it right) You can befriend the PSA and the USA if you stay democratic, however, because the USA declares war on the PSA, you have to choose sides, and you can't get the "Claim Oregon" National Focus because you're democratic.

So I'm stuck in a War against the USA that stuck in a 3 way stalemate on the East Coast.

I've been having a VERY interesting game. Started in 1936 in the original game as Germany...no mods or cheats...and things changed IMMEDIATELY. For one thing, Germany has been democratic since June 1937. WWII started when the Soviet Union invaded Poland. Germany was neutral in the beginning which allowed me to build up a HUGE army and found my own faction that includes the United States, Romania, Belgium, Turkey, Portugal, Ireland, and others. Well, by 1943, Germany was ready to go to war. The Soviets were fighting Allied forces pushing into Central Asia through British Raj and into China, and after three years of nothing in occupied Poland (I had won Danzig peacefully prior to that) they left their front lightly defended. Despite that the first few weeks of the war went poorly. The Soviets struck north towards Danzig and reached the city itself, but the arrival of Norwegian, Danish, Belgian, and Swedish troops turned the tide. After that it was a VERY slow slog into the Soviet Union itself, reaching Moscow by the end of the year (The Finns took Leningrad) and pushing the Soviets to surrender by April 1944.

The war continues elsewhere though. The Allies are now fighting against the Italian Republic-led Novus Imperium Romanum, which includes Japan and its possessions as well. The war in Asia is just picking up after a primarily naval war. Germany...after its Pyrrhic victory in Russia...is resting before marching into Hungary and joining the war.

CwOoazN.png

V1dK9nc.png

PCGgLlD.png

XaEsXrJ.png

XRczgqi.png

GAOcQy9.png

John Farson

Banned
Apologies for reviving this thread, but I recently bought this game through the Steam Summer Sale and would like some information.

I've been experimenting with it as France, and would like to know if anyone has fought and defeated Germany as France in 1936 by refusing to allow them to remilitarize the Rhineland and declaring war on them as a result.

I did just that, but the Germans backed down instead and no war ensued. I have noticed, though, that France in 1936 in-game is considerably weaker vis-a-vis Germany than it was IRL in 1936.

Apologies for reviving this thread, but I recently bought this game through the Steam Summer Sale and would like some information.

I've been experimenting with it as France, and would like to know if anyone has fought and defeated Germany as France in 1936 by refusing to allow them to remilitarize the Rhineland and declaring war on them as a result.

I did just that, but the Germans backed down instead and no war ensued. I have noticed, though, that France in 1936 in-game is considerably weaker vis-a-vis Germany than it was IRL in 1936.
I saw a let's play where a famous Youtuber had done just that. One of shenrryr's.

I'd say you would roll into a trench war that you don't want, it will just be slow and unsatisfying. Sure you can win, AI isnt all that bright when it comes to defense anyway, unprepared and outdated sounds like it has a lot of holes in its defense. You'd probably eventually see a delcre of war by Pland and Netherlands who will then start to steamroll the weak German defences and you won't get anything.

But that my look onto it, not a real HOI4 veteran just yet.

I saw a let's play where a famous Youtuber had done just that. One of shenrryr's.

Ugh, i hate that guy's lets plays. He has no clue what he's doing.

His method is "see a hole in the enemy line, throw a division in it". And it works OK with 1936 Germany, but it's much harder for a Trianon or Munich crisis in 1938.

His method is "see a hole in the enemy line, throw a division in it". And it works OK with 1936 Germany, but it's much harder for a Trianon or Munich crisis in 1938.

My method is 'see a hole in the enemy line, split army in two, throw half to hole and attack from both sides for that sweet bonus'.

Works so well, that I cruised through France with little to no opposition against Vichy France.