Harald Hardrada wins the crown: Collaborative timeline

So just to clarify, Mongols go east, Tuvans and their confederation go west? How will this effect the Muslim world and Eastern Europe? Will Russia become more powerful without a overly offensive and genocidal horde in their business? Same with Mesopotamia and Persia. Without the sacking of Baghdad, would Islam lose its way? I doubt the Byzantines would honestly wish to extend themselves all the way to the Tigris and Euphrates.

So just to clarify, Mongols go east, Tuvans and their confederation go west? How will this effect the Muslim world and Eastern Europe? Will Russia become more powerful without a overly offensive and genocidal horde in their business? Same with Mesopotamia and Persia. Without the sacking of Baghdad, would Islam lose its way? I doubt the Byzantines would honestly wish to extend themselves all the way to the Tigris and Euphrates.

Yes, the mongols go south and east while the Tuvans go west

I'd argue that russia would be VERY different without the crushing of the Kievan Rus and the ascension of the Muscovites... More of a merchant/democratic tradition, IIRC, in general.

Without the Mongols, I think the most important thing will be a fertile crescent that remains fertile, which will do alot to prevent Islam's OTL increased insularism.

I'd argue that russia would be VERY different without the crushing of the Kievan Rus and the ascension of the Muscovites... More of a merchant/democratic tradition, IIRC, in general.

Without the Mongols, I think the most important thing will be a fertile crescent that remains fertile, which will do alot to prevent Islam's OTL increased insularism.

Yes, if the crescent remains fertile then they could actually be alot more peaceful, not as much Jihad?

Yes, if the crescent remains fertile then they could actually be alot more peaceful, not as much Jihad?

Almost certainly. But In this TL, Byzantium controls the coast of the Levant up to Jerusalem. So Antioch, Damascus, Acre, are all under the dominion of Constantinople, as is Lower Egypt. So I could see Islam becoming entrenched in Persia, as no great Mongol horde is imposing its will on the region. Although no mongol horde will be a odd circumstance for the steppe. It would probably remain a odd sprinkling of different faiths, each one never really maintaining supremacy over the other. That is if no outside force tries to colonise the steppe itself.

I'm not sure a Kievan Rus would be prepared to tame the steppes, as the Rus states were much more inclined to fight each other until the rapture.

That would be amazing to test out. Kiev would remain the jewel of the East, And likely be the largest city in the area. How interesting!