Great lakes connected to Hudson Bay

I am creating a timeline that the Midcontinental rift was around for a longer period of time causing a more fractured and delicate landscape with volcanic rocks around the edges of the ancient rift. Because the volcanic rocks are more abundant in this timeline, the Appalachians are taller. During the ice age, the glacier carved more rocks out making the channel between the Great Lakes and Hudson Bay also enlarging the not yet existent Great Lakes. The planet Soon warmed, and the cavity carved by the now melting glaciers filled with more water. And as the glaciers further retreated the water carved out a larger and deeper St. Lawerance river. The glaciers melted fully and the connection to Hudson Bay was complete.

So, that pretty much it. I know this would definitely mess up evolution but I would like to ignore that for the time being and ask. How do you think this would affect the climate and history of North America?
pixil-frame-0 (1).png

Also, more of a side note, how do you make an actual map instead of one you downloaded online and used pixel art to change?

I am creating a timeline that the Midcontinental rift was around for a longer period of time causing a more fractured and delicate landscape with volcanic rocks around the edges of the ancient rift. Because the volcanic rocks are more abundant in this timeline, the Appalachians are taller. During the ice age, the glacier carved more rocks out making the channel between the Great Lakes and Hudson Bay also enlarging the not yet existent Great Lakes. The planet Soon warmed, and the cavity carved by the now melting glaciers filled with more water. And as the glaciers further retreated the water carved out a larger and deeper St. Lawerance river. The glaciers melted fully and the connection to Hudson Bay was complete.

So, that pretty much it. I know this would definitely mess up evolution but I would like to ignore that for the time being and ask. How do you think this would affect the climate and history of North America?View attachment 622052

Also, more of a side note, how do you make an actual map instead of one you downloaded online and used pixel art to change?
First of all great idea, I’ll stay posted. Second, I think the English and French would have more territorial squabbles, the former Great Lakes area is a bigger hub for trading -being connected to the Mississippi and Hudson Bay. The Canadian Shield would be wetter, and the Great Lakes colder. Third, I think this belongs in the ASB threads, geological POD?

Thank you for the feedback! I am going to add a better map later but right now I only have a drawing of it. And doesn't look the best. Also yes, I think the Alien Space Bat threads might be a better place for it.
Is it possible to move it there?

Last edited: