Germany divided between Weimar Republic and Nazi Reich

So the surprisingly entertaining Pennyworth
starts the second season with its wacky Elseworlds Britain, which does not include Wales and Scotland by the way, taken over by a fascist movement following a violent coup, except with pockets in league to the previous moderates and the Queen who appears to be Margaret- Cornwall, Liverpool, Manchester, and London north of the river.
Suppose the Nazi takeover of Germany did not happen smoothly via procedural lines, but under more ambiguous lines. Possibly violent lines. And there ends up being a civil war. (In fact, has anyone done this premise in alternate history before?)

Could then we have a Germany split between Nazi-controlled areas and (a very few) areas controlled by the republic? Maybe Weimar itself becomes a neutral free city, or at least has zones that are like that? I wasn't looking for a balkanization situation, but I suppose if it's a civil war situation (with imminent fascist/right-wing victory) there could be a re-declaration of Spartacist uprisings and a Second Bavarian Soviet Republic and so forth.

I suppose the Nazis were too powerful and Weimar was too unpopular and 20th century Germans too easily united without outside intervention for this scenario to happen.

Don't know if this helps, but in my TL after a bloody German Civil War (that the Nazis lost) the Reichswehr take power by 1935 and East Prussia survives as a Weimar republic Taiwan so to speak. It only lasts to the First World War (fought in the late 1950's) after which its annexed into the German State.

That does help because it’s more rare to see Nazi Germany divided at the onset, rather than Wehrmacht overthrows Hitler after botched Sudetenland/Anchsluss or Valkyrie succeeds scenarios.

Why would the Weimar liberal rump be located in Junker paradise Prussia?

That does help because it’s more rare to see Nazi Germany divided at the onset, rather than Wehrmacht overthrows Hitler after botched Sudetenland/Anchsluss or Valkyrie succeeds scenarios.

Why would the Weimar liberal rump be located in Junker paradise Prussia?
The rest of Germany was held by the new semi-Fascist authoritarian government, while military units loyal to the Weimar government hold East Prussia aided by the Polish government. It last like 15 years before they are retaken by the German government.

Ah. It's an interesting placement for a Taiwan-type situation, but that's a valid geographical justification as any. And yeah come to think of it, perhaps there would be old-style honor-bound Junkers who are unwilling to break their oaths to swear loyalty to the Wehrmacht mutineers.

Ah. It's an interesting placement for a Taiwan-type situation, but that's a valid geographical justification as any. And yeah come to think of it, perhaps there would be old-style honor-bound Junkers who are unwilling to break their oaths to swear loyalty to the Wehrmacht mutineers.
Not sure if you're interested in the timeline but here is a link to map made by B munro if you wanna check it out.