Germany could not win ww2?

Would also add out that as of 4th June France had not fallen and in OTL British troops were still fighting in France south of the corridor created by Sickle cut and Churchill was proposing to send more, it took the stubborn resistance of General Alan Brooke to get him to change his mind. As to evacuation to Canada, well if the King wouldn't go then the government sure as hell wouldn't and as Queen Elizabeth said at the time, "The children will not go without me, I will not leave the King, and the King will never leave."

Despite the impression of the Wehrmacht sweeping all before them in six weeks with barely a scratch the Luftwaffe had taken alarming losses when they had to engage in air-to-air combat and their transport planes especially had been hammered. And while Britain does owe a vast debt to 'the few' the BoB was never as close as some propagandists liked to imply.
The video has the premise that Churchill died and Lord Halifax got PM the 10th of may (ignoring that Churchill being dead might mean a different Norwegian campaign and thus a different discussion in parliament the 10th of may). It also assumes no evacation of Dunkirk, because of no halt order by Hitler, and the Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht pounding the enclave into submission (which is another trope of WW2, because the halt order actually made sense in the circumstances).

Despite the death of Churchill in the early 1930s, the video seems to assume that until the 10th of may everything is going as OTL, and that the only difference will be Lord Halifax becoming PM then. Then the next difference is Hitler rolling another 6 at Dunkirk, and everything collapses after that. Ignoring that even after complete annihilating and POW-ing the entire Dunkirk enclave, the battle of France is not yet decisiively won, as you say. So that by the 4th of june the British government has no reason whatsoever to evacuate to Canada.

So like @TDM says, this video is just putting trope after trope to get to an Axis victory.

nbcman

Donor
The video has the premise that Churchill died and Lord Halifax got PM the 10th of may (ignoring that Churchill being dead might mean a different Norwegian campaign and thus a different discussion in parliament the 10th of may). It also assumes no evacation of Dunkirk, because of no halt order by Hitler, and the Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht pounding the enclave into submission (which is another trope of WW2, because the halt order actually made sense in the circumstances).

Despite the death of Churchill in the early 1930s, the video seems to assume that until the 10th of may everything is going as OTL, and that the only difference will be Lord Halifax becoming PM then. Then the next difference is Hitler rolling another 6 at Dunkirk, and everything collapses after that. Ignoring that even after complete annihilating and POW-ing the entire Dunkirk enclave, the battle of France is not yet decisiively won, as you say. So that by the 4th of june the British government has no reason whatsoever to evacuate to Canada.

So like @TDM says, this video is just putting trope after trope to get to an Axis victory.
In other words, the video is a combo of the Lord Halifax is itching to surrender in 1940 and uber-Nazi efficiencies. Utter crap.

Coulsdon Eagle

Monthly Donor
I have a sudden question.

Has there actually been a Sealion thread that wasn't ridiculed? It sounds like a contradiction in terms.
Didn't Michel do one based upon a better German performance in the Battle of Britain - a sort of "be careful what you wish for" scenario?

I wanna propose 3 scenarios who might changed the end of the war:

1- The axis pulls back troops from North Africa to defend Europe;

2- Hitler move all the Norway garrison to defend Germany;

3- No Ardennes offensive.

Why not the three at same time?

Well, I think Berlin would be nuked in this scenario

Last edited: