German offer to the US in 1940

Kick
I feel it is necessary to SHOW what the thinking of the USG was at the time. Note the date of the letter.

Just as in a similar letter sent to the other leader of another belligerent nation when Indochina's borders were violated under a pretense. (Hirohito and that letter can be found here.), the clear intent of the letter is to put the case plainly to the chief of state recipient that:
a. The United States was well aware of the bastard's intent.
b. The United States was giving clear warning it would not tolerate such an intent.
c. The ENEMY chief of state would be held accountable.

I think if there is any doubt about the question, of whether the United States would cut a slimy nefarious deal with such bastards, it is plain in black and white (^^^) that the answer was not only "No" but that there would be trials and sentences after all the blood was unnecessarily spilled when the good faith offer of diplomatic settlement was on the table with the USG as participant and an intermediary.

I do not think FDR was under any illusions. He was laying the foundations for Nurnberg and Tokyo invoking International Law specifically for such charges he prophetically saw that would be levied as part of the settlement of a WORLD WAR, which he predicts in the letter above, by the specific named nations he expected to be attacked or which were already under attack.

Can it be any clearer?

McP.
"Independent" nations like Iraq, Syria, Palestine and Egypt.....LOL

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
"Independent" nations like Iraq, Syria, Palestine and Egypt.....LOL
See ball

Play ball

Oh, didn't?

Kick Ball

You did this in the SAME thread you were kicked in 12 days ago. You SO need to clue in. Like right away.

Last edited:
Hell I'd honestly be surprised if the Pentagon didn't still have a semi active plan for invading Canada somewhere deep in it's files.
TBH they probably do.
Just look at the Fallout Universe and the comic book "We Stand On Guard".
Canada is a massive raw materials depot.
But as a Canadian I'm confident that any Yankee invasion will fail, just like last time (1812). :p

TBH they probably do.
Just look at the Fallout Universe and the comic book "We Stand On Guard".
Canada is a massive raw materials depot.
But as a Canadian I'm confident that any Yankee invasion will fail, just like last time (1812). :p

Thanks for the recommendation on "We Stand Our Guard". I'm a couple pages in and this thing is the best graphic novel ever. I mean it's like seeing all of my hopes and dreams achieved. And achieved by giant motherfucking Robots draped in tons of American flags. And seeing the annoying blond prick rambling about how Superman is really Canadian gets killed almost immediately.

This is fantastic. Thank you.

Thanks for the recommendation on "We Stand Our Guard". I'm a couple pages in and this thing is the best graphic novel ever. I mean it's like seeing all of my hopes and dreams achieved. And achieved by giant motherfucking Robots draped in tons of American flags. And seeing the annoying blond prick rambling about how Superman is really Canadian gets killed almost immediately.

This is fantastic. Thank you.
you're welcome.

What if Ribbentrop approaches American diplomats after the fall of France in 1940 in order to reach a similar agreement to the Molotov-Ribbentrop-pact with them. Specifically the agreement would state, that if the US will stay out of the war in Europe (which also means no lend -lease) that Germany will demand the US will receive all Dutch, French and British colonial holdings in the Caribbean(ABC-Islands, British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Saint marin, etc.), South America (Suriname, Guyana), North America, the Atlantic and the pacific (Polynesia, New Caledonia, Dutch East Indies, etc.) and maybe even Greenland and Iceland, as conditions for a final peace after German victory.
Would the US take that deal? How would it affect the war?
To make it more realistic, lets also say there was no close relationship between Germany and Japan prior to the offer and off course there will be no DOW against the US after Pearl Harbour ITTL.
Bonus: Assume Hitler for some reason also decides to scrap Barbarossa ITTL. Will Germany be able to eventually force Britain to come to terms, if there is neither the Eastern Front nor the lend-lease and military support from the US?

The US didn't particularly want the remaining colonial possessions of the UK, France, etc. in the Western Hemisphere, let alone gain new colonies in the Pacific and Far East--it was after all proceeding to grant the Philippines independence.

Of course the US wouldn't take this deal--for a bunch of new colonies it doesn't even want, leave Hitler and Stalin (then seen in the US as his quasi-ally) complete domination of Europe, allow the destruction of the British fleet, etc?!

The analogy with Stalin is totally wrong . Stalin very much wanted eastern Poland, the Baltic states, etc. Moreover, he didn't think that in return for them he was granting Hitler domination over Europe--he thought that France and Britain would be able to fight Hitler to a stalemate. There was also the matter that unlike the USSR, the US was a democracy, and leaders had to take public opinion into account--and while the public didn't want America in the war, they sure didn't want it to help Hitler with this kind of stabbing the British, French, Dutch, etc. in the back.

I'm not saying the idea would have no support--but it would probably only be among the 2% of Americans who wanted to see Germany win, according to the Gallup Poll. Thar's not enough to determine public policy in a democracy...

EUROPEAN WAR

Interviewing Date 10/5-10/39

Survey #172-A Question #3

Which side do you want to see win the war?

Allies.............................. 84%

Germany........................... 2

No opinion, neutral.................. 14

Last edited:
you're welcome.

Thank you.

Now if only we could make this dream a reality.....

Though seriously the whole "We burnt the white house" schtick getting brought up only for the dad to point out that Canada was a colony at the time and pretty much all the soldiers involved in the occupation of DC were regular ole Red Coats was pretty good.

For such a polite people you guys do seem to love indulging in blatant yearning for a massive case of arson.

And I imagine if someone had actually accused Superman of being a Canadian his response would have been to burn down the entire country.