George V and May of Teck only have girls/daughters?

Quig

Banned
What would be the ripples and effects?

Princess Johanna (OTL John) might still have epilepsy in this world, but would she be treated different by her parents?

So, "Elizabeth" (aka Edward VIII) abdicates to pursue a lesbian relationship with a divorced American woman?
This would be a gigantic scandal. Or maybe the royal family proves itself to be very open-minded and accepts their daughter's sexuality. But she'd need to abdicate for her younger sister "Georgina" (George VI) to take the throne. Bowes-Lyon probably features as a friend/confidante but certainly not a wife.

So, "Elizabeth" (aka Edward VIII) abdicates to pursue a lesbian relationship with a divorced American woman?
This would be a gigantic scandal. Or maybe the royal family proves itself to be very open-minded and accepts their daughter's sexuality. But she'd need to abdicate for her younger sister "Georgina" (George VI) to take the throne. Bowes-Lyon probably features as a friend/confidante but certainly not a wife.

She might marry an American man instead.

Quig

Banned
Princess Daveigh (OTL Edward VIII/"David") marries a man. Can't see the heiress presumptive allowed to do anything else in this period. Also I hope young Daveigh likes dresses and earrings and necklaces et al - as a princess growing up in the early 20th C, she'll be put in a lot of them.

George V insists that the Princess of Wales marries Henry Somerset, OTL 10th Duke of Beaufort, thereby restoring the Plantagenets to the throne with a future hypothetical Edward VIII or Henry IX. For a man who dropped his family name and continental titles for the name Windsor so to appear more English, I would have to imagine he would view restoring an old English royal line as an extension of that idea.

George V insists that the Princess of Wales marries Henry Somerset, OTL 10th Duke of Beaufort, thereby restoring the Plantagenets to the throne with a future hypothetical Edward VIII or Henry IX. For a man who dropped his family name and continental titles for the name Windsor so to appear more English, I would have to imagine he would view restoring an old English royal line as an extension of that idea.
She can also marry Luitpold Maximilian Ludwig Karl, Hereditary Prince of Bavaria[1] to unite the Jacobite and Sophia succession and emancipating Catholics in the succession and their right of faith.

1. IOTL died of Polio.

marktaha

Banned
Only differences I can think of in the lives of a Mrs. Simpson and a Miss Bowe-Lyon, along with the wives of the Dukes of Gloucester and Kent.

She can also marry Luitpold Maximilian Ludwig Karl, Hereditary Prince of Bavaria[1] to unite the Jacobite and Sophia succession and emancipating Catholics in the succession and their right of faith.

1. IOTL died of Polio.
Yes that marriage would do that but any marriage for George V’s ‘Elizabeth’ is going to happen around WWI and with anti-German sentiment at a high point I just don’t see him favoring a marriage to the House of Bavaria that would restore the Stuart bloodline over a marriage to a Beaufort. You don’t change the name of your royal house from a German name to an English name only to marry your daughter and heir off to a German prince that would give yet another German name.

Eh, possibly, but if we're going to have the same abdication crisis then...the man has to be scandalous and I'm unsure how that'd work
A divorced man would be scandalous. The Anglican rules about divorce at the time were not specific to the female sex.

Or the scandal could be 'Elizabeth' wanting to get divorced.

AFAIK they were. A divorced man could remarry, a divorced woman could not.
I believe you are mistaken. The old Anglican position was identical to the current Catholic position, which is that divorce isn't real. "What God hath joined together let no man put asunder." So if someone who is 'divorced' gets remarried, they are bigamous. There is nothing in this logic where the spouse being male or female makes any difference.

Henry VIII never got a divorce officially.

Pretty unlikely… He is a far likelier match for the heiress of George V (for age, position and OTL events in the next generation).

What would be the ripples and effects?

Princess Johanna (OTL John) might still have epilepsy in this world, but would she be treated different by her parents?
The ripples and effects are actually pretty limited. Only the gender of the children has changed, not the social attitudes of the time or the personalities of George V and Queen Mary.

Which means that a Princess Joan would be treated exactly the same as the OTL Prince John was. She'd still be kept from public view, put into the care of a governess and then would die aged 13 at Wood Farm.

As to how the other girls would marry, with the same birth years and assuming WW1 still goes ahead, you're likely to see George V's daughters marry peers rather than princes. Princess Marina was very much a wildcard in the OTL and you'd be looking more at marriages along the lines of that of Princess Mary and Lascelles than any reinforced dynastic links.

As to WI added to the mix where the eldest daughter is gay, it's likely we'd never know. She'd make a marriage of convenience with a British peer and would quite possibly still have children. I highly doubt divorce would have been considered, it's far more likely that the Queen and her husband would live separate lives as much as possible whilst still putting on a united front in public. We'd likely never know that she was gay and even if we did, it'd be strenuously denied as gossip. Let's face it, it's still being denied that Prince George, Duke of Kent was bisexual when we have overwhelming evidence that he was.

To pull off anything other than a pretty boring clutch of Hooray Henry husbands for George V and Queen Mary's daughters, you'd need to make some significant changes elsewhere to change social attitudes. Otherwise, it's pretty much like for like with the male Bowes-Lyons and Montagu-Douglas-Scotts joining the ranks of the Royal Family rather than the female ones.

Would it have been better to put Prince John on public display in a kind of royal freak.show?
I don't think anyone is suggesting that, though I very much doubt the public would have been as cruel to a disabled child as the King and Queen's advisors seemed to think they would have been. But it cannot be denied that as parents, George and Mary didn't exactly do everything they might to make John's short life a happy one even in the privacy of their own home. Arguably they were acting on advice and may have thought what they were doing was best for him - though when it comes to their children, I don't think either were ever going to be in line for Parent of the Year.

Quig

Banned
it won't matter if the young princesses like dresses and and necklaces et al or doesn't like them, because they will be obliged by social ettiiquette to wear them a lot - this will be in the early 20 C not the post Helen Reddy 1970s after all.