George Lucas makes many more Star Wars Movies.

1977: Star Wars Episode IV
1980: Star Wars Episode V
1983: Star Wars Episode VI
1986: Star Wars Episode I
1989: Star Wars Episode II
1992: Star Wars Episode III
1995: Star Wars Episode VII
1998: Star Wars Episode VIII
2001: Star Wars Episode IX
2004: Star Wars Episode IV (remake)
2007: Star Wars Episode V (remake)
2009:Star Wars Episode VI remake in production, Star Wars Television show premiers.

fanboys would now be clamoring for an episode 10 instead of an episode 7. Also, you have your roman numerals backwards, your 9 is an 11 :rolleyes:

MacCaulay

Banned
Well, I don't know. They might be like OTL, with all of them sucking except III, or they might be different due to the fact that Lucas made them earlier.

I know there's no way to make a 100 percent judgement, but I'd say they'd be better.

After all, it seems to me that George Lucas was always better when he didn't have the money or technology to get through a problem, and had to write around it.

That explains why the original trilogy and American Graffiti were so awesome, and the prequels were weaker.

I'm willing to bet that with the prequels starting earlier, they'd be better.

Though I'd fear for the fate of the Indiana Jones films...basically, this TL is trading Indiana Jones for Episode I-III.

Are the prequels gonna suck or are they on par with the originals?
IMO they would be better.

I believe that Lucas only put Jar Jar Binks into the Prequels to make his young son happy. I would assume that no such son exists in 1986. So the first one is that much better right away. Anakin-Padme romance would hopefully not be as cheesey as OTL I would hope, but instead closer to the Han-Leia story. The laws of probability suggest that the acting and script couldn't have been any worse.

With the overall plot of the Prequals actually being good in OTL, but horribly executed, I think this story would have no where to go but up.

Yeah, NO good movies have come out of hollywood recently that aren't remakes. I mean, eventually they're going to run out of ideas. Passion of the Christ remake? LOL

Yeah, NO good movies have come out of hollywood recently that aren't remakes. I mean, eventually they're going to run out of ideas. Passion of the Christ remake? LOL

Quoted For Truth. Anyways, IMO the Episodes II & III were decent enough, I usually pretend Episode I doesn't exist though :p. Certainly an interesting premise though.

I have a theory which is that repression breeds creativity and art and the best films. That is repression whether by the studio, censors, limited technology, limited funds, limited time, etc., etc. I do agree that prequels earlier would have been better.

I also think computer generated images were, until very, very recently (I mean maybe a year or so ago), little more than high end video game quality that you could tell were fake in a minute because they looked so fake.

MacCaulay

Banned
I have a theory which is that repression breeds creativity and art and the best films. That is repression whether by the studio, censors, limited technology, limited funds, limited time, etc., etc. I do agree that prequels earlier would have been better.

I also think computer generated images were, until very, very recently (I mean maybe a year or so ago), little more than high end video game quality that you could tell were fake in a minute because they looked so fake.

I agree. But as I said before, look at the years that these prequels would be made...we're basically trading the Indiana Jones trilogy for these.

Me personally, I think I'd rather have Star Wars IV-VI and Raiders through Last Crusade. No matter what.

1977: Star Wars Episode IV
1980: Star Wars Episode V
1983: Star Wars Episode VI
1986: Star Wars Episode I
1989: Star Wars Episode II
1992: Star Wars Episode III
1995: Star Wars Episode VII
1998: Star Wars Episode VIII
2001: Star Wars Episode IX
2004: Star Wars Episode IV (remake)
2007: Star Wars Episode V (remake)
2009:Star Wars Episode VI remake in production, Star Wars Television show premiers.

Every move he makes up to episode VII or VIII will be done with less CGI than OTL prequells and maybe be as good as OTL ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

And around 96 97 he discovers the full potential of the CGI and the rest become more and more like cartoons and finally becomes a regluar cartoon with the TV show

What's the main premise of those three movies?

Well I know he orginally had the stories written out (at least, basic idea of who it was, etc.) but I can't remember.

But if we go by the timeline...

Timothy Zahn begins writing the Thrawn Trilogy a few years earlier, about the same time as Episode I is released

The books would have more canonical knowledge of the Clone Wars, and perhaps George Lucas might even put in a mention of the dissapearing slaved clone fleet. Can't remember when that fleet vanished, perhaps it was after the time the 3rd movie is set.

Then, George Lucas works with Zahn to write the movie adaptions of those books.

Preferably as just a name, and not actually ever tocuhing those books, or ever even reading (to limit the possible pollution).

Even in OTL, I would love to see a GOOD director, and a GOOD screenwriter adapt and produce the Thrawn trilogy as sequels to the orginal star wars trilogy.

Episode III was not bad, and I think the only reason Episodes I and II were considered so "bad" is because George Lucas appeared to have a retarded moment of thinking that because his orginal movies were "family-friendly" and many kids remember his movies, perhaps he should make a retarded little kids version complete with a pointless goofball, since primitive races helping the big boys out went over so well with thse ewoks in RotJ, right? :rolleyes:

I mean, the non-little kid parts were good, but there were some parts that just made me, a KID, sit back and go WTF is this?

Eh.. this turned into a rant instead of my point:

Thrawn Trilogy as the 3 sequels. YES... YES... OH GOD YESSSS

Besides... there's a blue alien with red eyes who is the commander of the Imperial forces . If they can't make a convincing yet complicated villain out of THAT, I will have lost all my faith in Hollywood.