George Bush chokes to death on the Pretzel

Dick invades Bavaria to root out all Pretzel-makers!
Franconia becomes an independent state inside the FRG.
All other Bavarians are resetteld to Eastern germany.
The rest of Bavaria is divided into 4 parts, the Alps go to Austria, the Eastern Montain Region become Czech, Munich is anexxed by the US and renamed into Oktoberfeststadt and becomes a R&R city for the US army.
The rest is given to the palestinans to for a new palestinian homeland.

Or did you want a serious answer?

Pretzel sales drop drastically....

Actually I think if Bush chokes to death on a pretzel, the only ones who'll know that he choked to death are the ones that found him and the ones that will cover it up. There is no way a President of the United States is going to "choke to death on a pretzel". They'll report it as a heart attack or aneurysm. Cheney takes over and on we go...

Pretzel sales drop drastically....

Actually I think if Bush chokes to death on a pretzel, the only ones who'll know that he choked to death are the ones that found him and the ones that will cover it up. There is no way a President of the United States is going to "choke to death on a pretzel". They'll report it as a heart attack or aneurysm. Cheney takes over and on we go...

IDK, Cheney might spin it into a biological attack from an islamic militant group in the mid east somewhere.

IDK, Cheney might spin it into a biological attack from an islamic militant group in the mid east somewhere.

The backlash when some aide or doctor leaks the truth would be brutal.

I have to say, the global reaction if the truth were announced would be...interesting.

Who says that any person who found out the truth would not be branded as a conspiricy theorist? The persons ,who would be believed if they come out and disclose the evidence, will likely have an 'accident' before they could tell anyone the truth.

If you are looking for an answer less pretzel-related and more practicality-related... :)
Policy-wise, little will change. Bush's policies are Cheney's policies. I think the only major difference would be one of legacy. Cheney certainly reelected in 2004, with some fresh hell as a VP (or possibly Tom Ridge). Bush would not be as villainized as he is today. Probably pave the way for a Jeb Bush GOP nom in 2008 or 2012.

Who says that any person who found out the truth would not be branded as a conspiricy theorist? The persons ,who would be believed if they come out and disclose the evidence, will likely have an 'accident' before they could tell anyone the truth.

I doubt the US government would bother. When the news that they've been bumping people off gets out, as it eventually will, the fact that they've had people killed to cover up a little embarassment will get them in waay hotter water than any dicovery that "aneurysm" is a euphemism possibly could.

Tellus

Banned
A Cheney presidency would be disastrous, but Kerry would definitely win in 2004.

If he tries to pin this on islamists though, and gets away with it, he might get re-elected, in which case we have a war against Iran. And the truth joins the list of "conspiracy theories"; a handful of them are probably true, we'll just never know which!

Nothing. George Bush is still President, but he is emotionally affected by his father's death.

Err, its Bush the junior who chocked on a Pretzel...

I think while the White House would initially blame it on a heart attack like someone mentioned previously, I doubt that cover story would last for very long. The truth would be too ridiculous to cover up for very long. And as to the suggestion that Cheney or someone else would blame it on terrorists or the like is to ASB to be worth even mentioning. Even so soon after 9-11 such a suggestion would be beyond belief.

I'm not sure Kerry would win outright in 2004 or that he would be running against Cheney for that matter. I don't see Cheney as being a viable candidate to be running for President, even if he did get a lot of sympathy support after the death of Bush.

Remind me of the exact date of the pretzel incident. Was it before or after noon January 20 2003.

I think that Cheney would win in 2004. The same scare campaign would probably work and there would be a lot of sympathy.

Obama versus Cheney next week would be fun.

Would Cheney even run in 2004? He's never been particularly interested in the Presidency, although he did effectivly select himself as veep in 2000 and this does give him (some) more control over American policy than usual.

It is quite possible that he would pick some suitably conservative cantidate, groom him for the Presidency , and then announce that he is not running for a term of his own in 2004, and that he endorses his veep for the top job (perhaps with Cheney as vice-president, although that may be pushing things). If so, any thoughts on who he would pick? remember, this candidate has to get through the 107th Senate, which is technically under Democratic control (election of 2000 made it 50-50, and Jim jeffords caucased with the Democrats from 2001 on; Cheney cannot cast a tie-breaking vote if the split is even).

Dick invades Bavaria to root out all Pretzel-makers!
Franconia becomes an independent state inside the FRG.
All other Bavarians are resetteld to Eastern germany.
The rest of Bavaria is divided into 4 parts, the Alps go to Austria, the Eastern Montain Region become Czech, Munich is anexxed by the US and renamed into Oktoberfeststadt and becomes a R&R city for the US army.
The rest is given to the palestinans to for a new palestinian homeland.

Or did you want a serious answer?

Priceless... :D:cool:

Wasn't it Cheney who gave him the pretzel in the first place? *cue dramatic and evil music*