Geacron- Maps of Every Year

How good is this service?

• Total voters
Hey guys! My name is Josh. I am known on the Pre-1900 forum for my Cesare Borgia timeline.

I have noticed that when I mentioned Geacron no one knew what I was saying.

So here! This is Geacron: http://geacron.com/home-en/?&sid=GeaCron344925

It has a map for every year, with events, backgrounds and links for the past 5000 years. Seriously, check it out. It saves me so much time and effort on my timeline.

What are your thoughts on it? Good? Bad? Hope it helps you in some form with your own timeline's. Regardless, thanks for Reading!

-Josh

Zagan

Donor
While better than nothing...
  • The borders range from slightly misplaced to horribly wrong. Impossible to use as basemaps.
  • No internal borders, not even autonomous areas or vassals shown.
  • Poor choice of colours.
  • Miscellanious errors.
My grade: 4 of 10.

• The borders range from slightly misplaced to horribly wrong. Impossible to use as basemaps.
  • Miscellanious errors.
I can see what you mean. I find it as a good starting for timelines, or to make sure that mistakes haven't been made.

• Miscellanious errors.
Poor choice of colors? How so?

• Miscellanious errors.

Where are there "miscellaneous errors" or "horribly wrong" borders?

I doubt the people who make the site's maps are aware of coloring conventions used in Alternate History/History communities. Disliking the colors of specific countries on GeaCron seems really arbitrary.

Yeah, this was seen as a more general thing for people who are semi-interested in history

Plus, if this is able to help just a few people, then I've done my job.