Future Map Thread

Добро пожаловать на доску. Мы ценим энтузиазм, но, пожалуйста, немного сбавьте скорость публикации и скрывайтесь больше. Это англоязычная доска, поэтому пишите на английском.
Okey, Good

I hope you all understand what's going on and have already seen today's news. I don't want the already eternal arguments about the situation in Ukraine (especially since the political chat is always open), but fact is fact and it happened. Of course this update is created "ahead of time" and can only be used right now if the outcome of the catastrophe in the future is quite unfortunate. But, IMHO, it will be, sorry, war never changes.

I have tried to combine maps of possible land flooding from both Ukrainian and Russian sources to create at least an imaginary uniformity.

And in general, there is a proverb: "History is scary, but to live in history is even scarier". Good luck to everyone, if it exists at all.

P.S. Make versions for M-BAM, Q-BAM and others yourself sometime. No time for cartography.
There is no more Kherson.png

I'm just now hearing about this and seeing how much land is going to be reclaimed is fucking appalling, if your map ends up accurate.

I have tried to combine maps of possible land flooding from both Ukrainian and Russian sources to create at least an imaginary uniformity.
Treat it like a normal flood. The water in the Kakhovka reservoir will end and the Dnieper will return to the banks that existed before 1950

I'm still very new to this hobby but I made this speculative future map of Europe. If you have any comments or feedback, please give it. How plausible is this?
1686232557464.png

I'm still very new to this hobby but I made this speculative future map of Europe. If you have any comments or feedback, please give it. How plausible is this?View attachment 836673
I don't see the EU federalizing even partly. Especially in the near future. But maybe that's just my light euroscepticism and dislike for a EU super state.
What year would that map be in?
Also as far as I know the German Speaking Community of East Belgium said officially that they would try joining either Germany or Luxembourg if Wallonia became part of France. From what I can tell it's either Luxembourgish or became it's own thing.

I don't see the EU federalizing even partly. Especially in the near future. But maybe that's just my light euroscepticism and dislike for a EU super state.
What year would that map be in?
Also as far as I know the German Speaking Community of East Belgium said officially that they would try joining either Germany or Luxembourg if Wallonia became part of France. From what I can tell it's either Luxembourgish or became it's own thing.
So to clarify a bit, it's not as much federalization as integration, though the line is fairly blurry. The EU is already more federalized than the USA under the Articles of Confederation and it is only progressing. Nearly every member state has a positive opinion of it, even if some members have suffered economically while being members. As for the year, likely a 203X or 204X. No doubt Wallonia is more likely to leave than Flanders, but the flemish future is unclear. Polling ranges from 1-51% in support of joining the Netherlands. Perhaps an independant Flanders? I find that more likely than Dutch speakers joining Germany at least. Is the rest reasonable?

I'm still very new to this hobby but I made this speculative future map of Europe. If you have any comments or feedback, please give it. How plausible is this?View attachment 836673

- What these different shares of blue mean?
- I can't see Benelux being unified.
- Hard to imaginate England returning to EU on near future.
- Why Serbia is not on EU? It has pretty strong will to do that. And what is going with Kosovo?
- Ukraine has lost war against Russia? Sorry, but that seems unlikely unless outright ASB. Even at worst I can see Russia keeping Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea. And Ukraine and Moldova probably would are part of EU by 2040's.
- Turkish EU membership seems unlikely on near future. Its recent developments not really make that fitting to the organisation.

I find that more likely than Dutch speakers joining Germany at least. Is the rest reasonable?
Yeah well you would have a point if the the region I was talking about spoke Dutch and not German.
So wait, what do you mean integration? Just more cooperation or giving up statehood?

I don't think Bosnia would be split. Being paralyzed, sure. But not sure if the Serbs want to risk round 3 with NATO.
Ukraine I could only see in a de facto sense of way if the frontlines freeze.
No way that those gains would be recognized as de jure.

- What these different shares of blue mean?
Levels of integration in the sort of loose confederation/organization of this EU.
- I can't see Benelux being unified.
It is primarily not. Wallonia joins France and Flanders joins the Netherlands and Luxembourg remains separate.
- Hard to imaginate England returning to EU on near future.
I imagine a landslide Labor victory in the next election and a sort of 'course correction' from the recent failures, Brexit being part of their extreme cost of living crisis that will be reformed.
- Why Serbia is not on EU? It has pretty strong will to do that. And what is going with Kosovo?
Too much of a repressive government and despite Austria and Hungary's push for it, their illiberalism alienates much of Europe. Both Serbia and Albania claim Kosovo.
- Ukraine has lost war against Russia? Sorry, but that seems unlikely unless outright ASB. Even at worst I can see Russia keeping Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea. And Ukraine and Moldova probably would are part of EU by 2040's.
They don't really. Since the beginning months, the territory that has changed hands has been largely negligible and I imagine a Korean war-esque stalemate between the two. The nationalism and popular of Zelensky wins him the next election, but the human cost becomes too much to bear. Ukraine is not in the Eu for the same reason Moldova isn't, their own Transnistria.
- Turkish EU membership seems unlikely on near future. Its recent developments not really make that fitting to the organisation.
It simply gets too large a position of power in Europe and the Middle East to be ignored. The centralization of Erdogan's opposition and diminishing popularity continue and he loses in an election or two. The reforms are minimal, but they bully the EU into a relationship above a 'privileged partnership.' Anatolia has, and always will be an important area. Increased Turkish immigration to the EU proper and subsequent poor treatment only heightens tensions. Europe just sort of caves, in order to change it from the inside, or whatever rationale is used. This is all with the help of growing far-right populists, such as the Dutch BBB.

Last edited:
Levels of integration in the sort of loose confederation/organization of this EU.

I would imaginate Eastern Europe being lesser integrated to EU due their lower economy and not such strong democracy.

It is primarily not. Wallonia joins France and Flanders joins the Netherlands and Luxembourg remains separate.

Independent Flanders never would join to the Netherlands. Separatists are republicans and they never would accept joining to the kingdom.

I imagine a landslide Labor victory in the next election and a sort of 'course correction' from the recent failures, Brexit being part of their extreme cost of living crisis that will be reformed.

EU hardly is willingful take England back after that experience with Brexit unless very large majority of Brits want to re-jon to EU.

Too much of a repressive government and despite Austria and Hungary's push for it, their illiberalism alienates much of Europe. Both Serbia and Albania claim Kosovo.

Sounds reasonable.

They don't really. Since the beginning months, the territory that has changed hands has been largely negligible and I imagine a Korean war-esque stalemate between the two. The nationalism and popular of Zelensky wins him the next election, but the human cost becomes too much to bear. Ukraine is not in the Eu for the same reason Moldova isn't, their own Transnistria.

Even if Russo-Ukrainian War ends to stalemate I can't see Russians getting that much ground. More plausible would be Donets, Luhansk and Crimea. Perhaps Mariupol region too.

It simply gets too large a position of power in Europe and the Middle East to be ignored. The centralization of Erdogan's opposition and diminishing popularity continue and he loses in an election or two. The reforms are minimal, but they bully the EU into a relationship above a 'privileged partnership.' Anatolia has, and always will be an important area. Increased Turkish immigration to the EU proper and subsequent poor treatment only heightens tensions. Europe just sort of caves, in order to change it from the inside, or whatever rationale is used. This is all with the help of growing far-right populists, such as the Dutch BBB.

Even if Turkey becomes Mid-Eastern great power EU hardly wants Turkey. If Serbia is too illiberal, I don't see why Turkey would be more acceptable. With Turkey there is too many problems that EU could overcome them.