Fort Pillow

Turtledove came out with a new book called Fort Pillow. I picked it up from the bookstore yesterday, anyone else read this? It follows Confederate and Union soldiers involved in the massacre of freed slaves at Fort Pillow. Its not one of his better books, but overall I think its OK.

Evil Opus said:
Turtledove came out with a new book called Fort Pillow. I picked it up from the bookstore yesterday, anyone else read this? It follows Confederate and Union soldiers involved in the massacre of freed slaves at Fort Pillow. Its not one of his better books, but overall I think its OK.

I plan to pick it up when it's out in paperback. It looks interesting, to be sure, but not THAT interesting.
On a side note, since I understand it's historical fiction, I wonder why he didn't publish it under the Turteltaub name.

WilyBadger said:
I plan to pick it up when it's out in paperback. It looks interesting, to be sure, but not THAT interesting.
On a side note, since I understand it's historical fiction, I wonder why he didn't publish it under the Turteltaub name.
Everyone knows the Turteltaub alias now, it would be pointless for him to do it. And you are right, the book is interesting but not THAT interesting.