For All Mankind (AH Tv series at Apple TV)

Booo! *throws overripe tomato*
You fool, you’ll clog the instruments! This is why NASA spent $17 million developing a safe replacement for tomato-throwing in zero G:

1598114092813.png

So consdering nasa somehow built the sea dragon, wouldn't congress jump on something smaller and more reusable like in that "right side up" TL instead of the regular old shuttle?
Also I suspect the ussr isn't going to collapse in this show, at lest not until the end so they can keep the antagonists.
Also I actually like the fact that we dint get the ussr side on this show, keeps the audience connected whith nasa as they try to figure out what the Soviets are doing.
Also guns in space, maby back then but aren't guns designed now adays they you don't need air to shoot them.

Also I suspect the ussr isn't going to collapse in this show, at lest not until the end so they can keep the antagonists.

Maybe the Chinese will step up thir game?

But I suspect Moore hasn't thought out the ending in detail yet. (Battlestar Galactica fans will understand where I'm coming from.)

Maybe the Chinese will step up thir game?

But I suspect Moore hasn't thought out the ending in detail yet. (Battlestar Galactica fans will understand where I'm coming from.)
You mean the totally good and uncontravertal ending right? :)
Also some one said earlier that it was unbelievable that the lem had enuff fuel for getting to apollo 24, but wasn't a big reason they bothered with the ice wasnt gust for oxygen and water but also for fuel. The fuel depot to the solar system from ep2 seems to me to foreshadowing for the mars race, end of season 2 maby?

ok so I had never heard of the sea dragon before so I was doing some research on it because cool big rocket, and I found out that supositly it was designed to be completely reusable? Thats insane, can something that large even be reusable consdering the g load would be worse then what a human can handle? Also makes the sls even dummer sense one can use the Sea dragon 100 times before it needs to be replaced.

Great news. I just got a new iphone so i got a free year of apple tv- so I don't even have to do the silly sub and unsub thing this upcoming year. I'm going to be super curious to see just how misleading the trailer was to really mess with us - both things like the whole military on the moon thing, the space shuttle returning from the moon and all the other little things shown in that trailer all those months ago.

Between this, next season of the Expanse and all the things going on re: space IRL- 2021 should be a good year (in that regards at least)... Or perhaps i'm just drunk and that's false optimism- but I really did enjoy the first season of this show and almost all of The Expanse- so I am genuinely excited.

Great news. I just got a new iphone so i got a free year of apple tv- so I don't even have to do the silly sub and unsub thing this upcoming year. I'm going to be super curious to see just how misleading the trailer was to really mess with us - both things like the whole military on the moon thing, the space shuttle returning from the moon and all the other little things shown in that trailer all those months ago.

Between this, next season of the Expanse and all the things going on re: space IRL- 2021 should be a good year (in that regards at least)... Or perhaps i'm just drunk and that's false optimism- but I really did enjoy the first season of this show and almost all of The Expanse- so I am genuinely excited.
I have watched all of season one so I'm waiting for season two now. I have to admit that season one was kind of dull to watch but it looks like season 2 is going to be a lot more interesting. As for the Expanse I have seen all of like two whole episodes and I've started watching Stargate SG-1 season 1 so I'm a bit busy with space shows as well.

Good new very good news, yes, yes, yes !

Apple renewed "For all Mankind" for Season 3

The Cold War getting Hotter as USA and USSR start Mining the Moon
President Ronald Reagan want to beat the Commies in any means
and NASA face Militarization by the Department of Defence...

Source: Deadline.com

Wow. Kinda amazing that they already approved this when Season 2 hasn't even come out. Great news tho. I really hope they have everything planned out story wise with the seasons with planned off endings depending on how many seasons they do.

My big hope is that the show and story is good enough to go into at least modern times (aka at least the 2010s if not slightly into the future. Probably very much depends on how much of a time jump they do in each season and between seasons. Theoretically if they go a decade each season it would take a lot of seasons to get into modern times- but nothing says they have to do that per say. No matter what I just hope they plan things out and stay as realistic as possible and plan for whenever the show is inevitably canceled- be it after S3 or S10....

Theoretically if they go a decade each season it would take a lot of seasons to get into modern times- but nothing says they have to do that per say. No matter what I just hope they plan things out and stay as realistic as possible and plan for whenever the show is inevitably canceled- be it after S3 or S10....

If they do a decade each season, we would only get to Season 5 (3= 90's, 4= 00's, 5=10's), or 6, not a lot of seasons when compared to some sci-fi shows, but definitely a good run

If they do a decade each season, we would only get to Season 5 (3= 90's, 4= 00's, 5=10's), or 6, not a lot of seasons when compared to some sci-fi shows, but definitely a good run
I don't see why it would have to end once it hits 2020. I'm sure we have some people who can visualize the next couple of decades of scientific advancement in the field. I wouldn't be upset if it lasts long enough that we can see some ideas for the 2030s and into the future.

Sure after it hits the 2020s it will have to be futuristic concepts but we have a ton of that kind of thing while the space race was ongoing. Just update them to fit 2020s tech and work on what newer missions would or could look like.

This patch set gives us a very interesting picture of the development of the space program in season 2. Among other things it seems the Space Shuttle is indeed a lunar transport, but also has some Skylab servicing missions (which appears to have launched intact). "Moon Marines" are also a thing, probably due to tensions with the Soviets, but Apollo-Soyuz seems to occur too. Jamestown is up to almost 100 expeditions!

Last edited:
This patch set gives us a very interesting picture of the development of the space program in season 2. Among other things it seems the Space Shuttle is indeed a lunar transport, but also has some Skylab servicing missions (which appears to have launched intact). "Moon Marines" are also a thing, probably due to tensions with the Soviets, but Apollo-Soyuz seems to occur too. Jamestown is up to at least 136 Expeditions so far!

I’ve never loved spoilers more

This patch set gives us a very interesting picture of the development of the space program in season 2. Among other things it seems the Space Shuttle is indeed a lunar transport, but also has some Skylab servicing missions (which appears to have launched intact). "Moon Marines" are also a thing, probably due to tensions with the Soviets, but Apollo-Soyuz seems to occur too. Jamestown is up to at least 136 Expeditions so far!
God, I hate that they have Sea Dragon developed (which only makes sense launched by the hundred, due to high development and low per-launch build cost) and then still have basically the same OTL Shuttle developed, and then also try to take it to the moon. I'm feeling very good about my decision to only interact with this show from spoilers and summaries. We could have had so much great TV-quality images of hardware that made sense, and instead it's really, really silly.

God, I hate that they have Sea Dragon developed (which only makes sense launched by the hundred, due to high development and low per-launch build cost) and then still have basically the same OTL Shuttle developed, and then also try to take it to the moon. I'm feeling very good about my decision to only interact with this show from spoilers and summaries. We could have had so much great TV-quality images of hardware that made sense, and instead it's really, really silly.
I mean- politics itself is really silly and when it comes to space can lead to really dumb decisions when there's far superior alternatives depending on one's motives and objectives... Like SLS, Orion and even Gateway when there are better rockets, methods to return to the moon, etc IRL... Perhaps the Shuttle ITL is bourn out of political expediency... Just because they have better alternatives ITL doesn't mean they'll necessarily use them- which is a form of realism I appreciate even if it's perhaps a tad less 'fun'.