Flags, Coats-of-Arms, and Emblems for Proposals that didn't happen Thread

In response to a suggestion by @Spiritual Sausage , I decided to start a thread specifically for flags, coats-of-arms, and emblems of various sorts for movements, proposed national entities, etc which for whatever reason, never came to pass... I'll kick it off with this one, a revival of the concept of the Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian idea 1st proposed by the Treaty of Hadiach, which was revived by Polish revolutionaries in the 1800's:
159px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_January_Uprising.svg.png

This is indeed hilarious. I like the playing cards and three different hats on top (army, civilian and navy?). But if it was republican wh did they put a crown on it?
Well, the Crown is shifted off to the side, whereas the Homburg-looking hat has the "position of honour"... I'd imagine it's a (clumsy) attempt to depict the "classic" four classes of western society (emulating also the four suites of a deck of cards)... it's an all-inclusive flag! :D

In response to a suggestion by @Spiritual Sausage , I decided to start a thread specifically for flags, coats-of-arms, and emblems of various sorts for movements, proposed national entities, etc which for whatever reason, never came to pass... I'll kick it off with this one, a revival of the concept of the Polish-Lithuanian-Ruthenian idea 1st proposed by the Treaty of Hadiach, which was revived by Polish revolutionaries in the 1800's:
View attachment 577516
Yeah, I know, I posted it on another thread sometime before, but I just happen to like it :)

This is indeed hilarious. I like the playing cards and three different hats on top (army, civilian and navy?). But if it was republican wh did they put a crown on it?
Even though it's an Ace of Hearts in the middle, for some reason now I have Motorhead "Ace of Spades" on continuous loop in meh hed :p

Crazy Boris

Banned
Not really a proposal but I saw this and liked it

I saw Evwnt Horizon a while ago (good movie btw) and also noticed that the British characters wore patches that looked like some kind of altered EU flag. The American patches however, are the same as the modern Stars and Stripes

Bringing this back into real life, this is one of the many, many proposed PRC flags from back when the regime was first established. This was Mao’s preferred flag, with a yellow bar to symbolize the yellow river. This was opposed by some because they saw the yellow bar running across the flag as symbolizing China being divided, which, given the CCP’s attitude towards places like Tibet and Taiwan, was unacceptable. Zhou Enlai eventually took notice of the eventual winner, designed by Zeng Liansong, and managed to convince everyone to go for it. Before it’s official adoption, Mao decided to drop the hammer and sickle emblem from Zeng’s official design, to distinguish the new Chinese flag more from the USSR’s.
640px-Mao_Zedong%27s_proposal_for_the_PRC_flag.svg.png

640px-Zeng_Liansong%27s_proposal_for_the_PRC_flag.svg.png

This is apparently a proposed design for the Belarusian flag back in 1995, proposed by Lukashenko himself.
1600px-Lukashenko_flag_idea_1995.svg.png
Any idea what Lukashenko's rationale behind this design was? Seems rather... uninspired... and uninspiring :neutral: also something about the red-and-green together with no border between them makes my eyes twitch :p
Me personally I'd like to see the traditional white-red-white horizontally-striped banner, with a coat-of-arms bearing a Pahonia proudly displayed, but that's just me :)

890px-Flag_of_Panama_(Bunau-Varilla_proposal).svg.png

Philippe-Jean Bunau-Varilla's proposal for Panamanian flag​
My eyes! My eyes! :p Or its eyes maybe... somehow I feel like the thing is staring at me...
I think I may understand the symbolism of the strange symbol in the canton (I'm thinking it has to do with the geography of Panama maybe?), but the colours... yikes.

I think I may understand the symbolism of the strange symbol in the canton (I'm thinking it has to do with the geography of Panama maybe?), but the colours... yikes.
The design was American-inspired, but the colors (blue, yellow and red) were Colombian-inspired; no wonder, it was rejected.